PDA

View Full Version : krazy Dragon Price Policy.

MARK
November 22nd, 2008, 10:12
KRAZY DRAGON Price policy

All I can say that as a ex-pat living here I have much sympathy for those living here or coming on holiday.
The KRAZY DRAGON will not be raising our prices as some other bars have, as there has been no significant price increase at the local wholesalers over the past 2 years.
However we have increased the commissions paid to our staff to help them over this low time.
As a customer the only change you will see is related to draft chang, this is still 80Bht for the customer but is now priced as a boys drink at 110bht for staff in the bar.

All drinks all night 110BHT Draft Chang 80bht Boys Drinks 110bht

Thanks Mark.

catawampuscat
November 22nd, 2008, 10:55
Krazy Dragon is very reasonably priced now and before. Mark, the boys figured out
the drink commission a long time ago and when they order a beer, it is always in a bottle,
and 110B. No problem here as this is actually cheap compared to most other boy bars
(excluding open air beer bars)..

I have noticed that the tipping of the boys by the customers is way down from former days
and many of the customers sit on their hands and don't tip, just look. Some nites, I am
not in the mood to play and the boys are fine with that and some nites they get the drinks
and the baht and everyone is happy..

I am impressed that you post your policy and explain reasons why management does things..
You are doing something right as the attitude of the boys is almost always very good and the
places rocks most of the time. I hope you have a great and prosperous high season and continue on for many years to come.. :cat:

November 22nd, 2008, 13:07
A few days ago I took a friend who was visiting from the USA to several bars in Sunee Plaza. At one bar he seemed bored so I asked him what he wanted to do next. He said he would like to go back to the first bar we went to which was Krazy Dragon. We went in during the last part of the show, which wasn't why we went back but it ended soon after we settled in. Most of the boys were very friendly. If we said hi to them they squatted down and talked a little. The other boys we were not interested in simply danced very shortly in front of us and moved on.

We enjoyed the bar!

Shuee
November 22nd, 2008, 16:56
a few days a go i visited the bar, it was low on boys, which ment the few inside should have all been doing the table routine for the customers, but this was not so, & the only cute one i liked was sitting with the owners
KD i wish you luck in getting more guys inside

Dboy
November 23rd, 2008, 08:08
KRAZY DRAGON

Like the website. See you again in a few weeks.

dboy

November 23rd, 2008, 15:42
just went to kd last night. offed a great boy. all the boys were very eager and i musst say i think this bar is one of the best in the area. thanks mark.

MARK
November 23rd, 2008, 18:54
a few days a go i visited the bar, it was low on boys, which ment the few inside should have all been doing the table routine for the customers, but this was not so, & the only cute one i liked was sitting with the owners
KD i wish you luck in getting more guys inside

DATE
GOGO STAFF SHOW
01.11.08 32 12 4
02.11.08 24 11 4
03.11.08 27 11 4
04.11.08 30 11 4
05.11.08 25 11 4
06.11.08 29 12 4
07.11.08 24 11 4
08.11.08 33 10 4
09.11.08 33 11 4
10.11.08 27 11 4
11.11.08 23 12 4
12.11.08 26 12 4
13.11.08 22 12 4
CLOSED 0 0 0
CLOSED 0 0 0
CLOSED 0 0 0
17.11.08 28 10 4
18.11.08 29 9 4
19.11.08 29 12 4
20.11.08 32 11 4
21.11.08 32 10 4
22.11.08 29 12 4

Now I know I donтАЩt no what time, or day you came into the bar, or how many Offs the bar had the day you came in.
But ask youself this question neither John or myself Mark, Off our own staff we both have long term Thai boys, we never buy our staff drinks and never tip our boys so why would they waste their time sitting with us if there are customers in the bar.
Yes almost every boy in the bar will at some point in the night sit for a few minutes to be nothing more than polite to there boss,
Yes I would give my back teeth for more boys in the bar then every day there would be somebody for everybody but thatтАЩs life.

November 25th, 2008, 16:41
Just to say thank you to Mark at the Krazy Dragon.
I always enjoy going to your bar, also a nice gesture of a free bottle of 100 Piper for a Thai boy on his Birthday, nice touch.

foodforthought
November 27th, 2008, 13:23
I always have a good time when I visit K.D. and I have always thought that it is reasonably priced.
I really hope that the Krazy Dragon will be able to ride out the idiocy of what is happening within Thailand at the moment.
Already I have heard of many tour agency in the E.C. making cancellation with many of the Hotel and holiday resorts in Thailand.
How long to recover? and how many business will survive?

November 30th, 2008, 02:32
Please can you tell me about free bottle of 100 Piper for a Thai boy on his Birthday?

jolyjacktar
November 30th, 2008, 03:46
100 piper is dish water not scotch, maybe thats why they give it to the Thais on their birthday cause its cheap shit

Captain Swing
November 30th, 2008, 04:30
Of the bars I visited on my two-week visit to Pattaya this past summer, Krazy Dragon was my least favorite. I've seldom seen a less appealing selection of boys: hulking, long-haired, tattooed, scary-looking thugs. BUT....that's not my complaint. I know that's a matter of taste--and timing. Had I gone earlier, or on a different night, I might have found a bar full of boys more to my liking. And a boy I think is gruesome may be someone else's dream date.

No, my complaint is that each one of these beauties, as he circled around to my table, reached out to shake hands, and hit me with "What's your name? Where you from?" I haven't encountered another bar in years that allows this. Most realized years ago that many customers find this annoying and intrusive. I think many customers, like me, want to relax, drink their drink, and ogle the boys. Those that wish to engage in conversation--or more-- can make that known with a smile or a nod and have all the attention they could possibly want. It should be up to the customer to initiate the interaction, and at almost all other bars it is. I know the boys at K.D. weren't just being friendly or polite--they were trying to call attention to themselves in hopes of being offed. There's nothing wrong with that--that's their livelihood. The boys in all other bars do the same thing, but in a much less intrusive way--by smiling, winking, making faces. It can be amusing and even charming. It can also be easily ignored if the customer isn't interested. But I couldn't ignore the boys at K.D. without being openly rude to them, and I had no wish to do that. After the fourth or fifth interruption I paid for my drink and left.

I don't know K.D.'s owner(s), and have no idea if he/they were there that night. I also have no idea how much the drinks cost. I don't spend $5000 and travel halfway around the world only to worry whether Bar X's drinks cost 60 cents more than Bar Y's. I want a bar where I can be comfortable, relax and enjoy the "sights." For me, Krazy Dragon wasn't it.

MARK
November 30th, 2008, 10:11
Please can you tell me about free bottle of 100 Piper for a Thai boy on his Birthday?

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: On your Birthday just show your I'D card to any waiter and you will receive a free bottle of 100 Piper.
If you want to open mixer you can 60bht and 20bht for ice. You are free to take the bottle when you leave.

MARK
November 30th, 2008, 10:29
100 piper is dish water not scotch, maybe thats why they give it to the Thais on their birthday cause its cheap shit

jolyjacktar :idea: Let me know when its your birthday and I will discount you a bottle of your favored shit.

November 30th, 2008, 10:32
100 pipers is considered up-market! if you think its shit you should try some of the really cheap stuff.

MARK
November 30th, 2008, 10:41
[quote="Captain Swing"]Of the bars I visited on my two-week visit to Pattaya this past summer, Krazy Dragon was my least favorite. I've seldom seen a less appealing selection of boys: hulking, long-haired, tattooed, scary-looking thugs. BUT....that's not my complaint. I know that's a matter of taste--and timing. Had I gone earlier, or on a different night, I might have found a bar full of boys more to my liking. And a boy I think is gruesome may be someone else's dream date.

No, my complaint is that each one of these beauties, as he circled around to my table, reached out to shake hands, and hit me with "What's your name? Where you from?" I haven't encountered another bar in years that allows this. Most realized years ago that many customers find this annoying and intrusive. I think many customers, like me, want to relax, drink their drink, and ogle the boys. Those that wish to engage in conversation--or more-- can make that known with a smile or a nod and have all the attention they could possibly want. It should be up to the customer to initiate the interaction, and at almost all other bars it is. I know the boys at K.D. weren't just being friendly or polite--they were trying to call attention to themselves in hopes of being offed. There's nothing wrong with that--that's their livelihood. The boys in all other bars do the same thing, but in a much less intrusive way--by smiling, winking, making faces. It can be amusing and even charming. It can also be easily ignored if the customer isn't interested. But I couldn't ignore the boys at K.D. without being openly rude to them, and I had no wish to do that. After the fourth or fifth interruption I paid for my drink and left.

I don't know K.D.'s owner(s), and have no idea if he/they were there that night. I also have no idea how much the drinks cost. I don't spend $5000 and travel halfway around the world only to worry whether Bar X's drinks cost 60 cents more than Bar Y's. I want a bar where I can be comfortable, relax and enjoy the "sights." For me, Krazy Dragon wasn't it.[/quot

Could I be so bold as to ask which bar you did prefer to spend your time. Mark

catawampuscat
November 30th, 2008, 11:18
Mark, This type of shit stirring about the free bottle is typicial of the mean spirited
low lifes that bravely proclaim their opinions on open forums.
This type of shit is the main reason why bar owners do not post and do know use
their own names, imho.
It is inevitable and you make yourself a target for the pathetic creeps that relish their
moments in the bright lites of internet flaming glory..
Mark, you have a great bar with a novel concept and the only reason to complain is
to have more and more of the same.

These guys that hate tattoos or long hair or friendly boys have a right to their opinions and also the right to open their own bars and go out of business like many who staff their bars with
skinny fem queeny boys and baby boys.. There is a long list of these fools..

Some of them still resent losing their cigarette smoking rights and ashtrays and are pissed off at you about that, as hard as it is to believe, but selfishness is a main feature of the creeps..

Mark, don't change a thing and keep on keeping on.
Best advice is to ignore those wackos with chips on their shoulders and want everything
their own way.. Ignore is a wonderful feature and a wonderful thing..
There are so many lowlifes, drifters, scumbags, confidence men, moochers, drunks, and other
creeps that will gum you to a slow death if you lend them your ear. IGNORE them and
ENJOY the ride..
Also, we are not entitled to private bar info as to the daily numbers of boys working etc., it
is your business and you should not be the need to be defensive.. You can never win with
these types of losers.. If you want any more unsolicited advice, just ask.. :cat:

foodforthought
November 30th, 2008, 14:00
Catawampuscat,
Great advise you give to Mark, and I agree with you. But I do not see Mark enter into any disagreement, I only see that he
is being polite to any question about the K.D. Even if the question is negative or positive. I personally think you are right
about private bar info, I do not think this was being defensive, but used more to show a better picture to Shuee comment.
A courteous reply is always nice. after all we are all entitle to an opinion.
Good luck to the Krazy Dragon and all other business.
Also credit where credit is due.

November 30th, 2008, 14:03
Hi Mark

What is it with this site. There's always someone bitching over stupid things. If a bar gives a free drink for

a birthday I think that's nice. If people expect a bottle of Glen Fiddic (sic) their mad.

As for boys, remember if everyone had the same taste, there would be a shortage.

I've not been to KD but will on my next trip.

David

November 30th, 2008, 18:41
Dear Mark,

I have never been into your bar before, but despite the snide comments from one or two people here, I definitely intend to visit on my next trip in February. Tattoed thugs are my idea of heaven!

Best of luck with your business.

December 1st, 2008, 09:24
Mark - for what it's worth, I don't think Captain Swing's opinion was representative. So your bar has boys doing things differently; they greet the customer, and in the process risk seeming seem rather too forward... but I'm sure we all know the meaning of "product differentiation" in business. Of course, there will be people who like the way things are done in your bar, and others who don't. That is life. That is business. You're doing a nice job communicating on this board and I for one appreciate it.