PDA

View Full Version : Long Stay Hotel Pattaya

November 21st, 2008, 16:20
Has anyone on the board stayed here (close to Hanuman statue in Jomtien)? I saw a room there 6 years ago and it was passable then. I have searched the board and also googled to no avail. If anyone knows - is there a lift?

Thanks

mahjongguy
November 22nd, 2008, 06:17
Has anyone on the board stayed here (close to Hanuman statue in Jomtien)? I saw a room there 6 years ago and it was passable then. I have searched the board and also googled to no avail. If anyone knows - is there a lift?

Are you talking about the Pacific Jomtien hotel?

November 22nd, 2008, 10:08
If I correctly have the hotel referred to by mahongguy, it is now called the Jomtien Longstay Hotel. The management are in the process of renovating. This includes repainting the rooms and restoring or replacing furniture, television sets etc. The rooms have not changed size since Mahoggguy or anybody else saw them in the last 30 or 40 years. I do not know how long the renovation process will continue with current economic problems. There is a lift which, like the hotel plumbing, is 30 or 40 years old. Both are still functional.

November 22nd, 2008, 10:11
Sorry. In my reply I mentioned "mahongguy". I meant "drfrost3". Apart from that, I think my post is as accurate as can be expected from an after lunch effort.

TrongpaiExpat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:21
Last time I was in Pattaya a bar boy I met told me he was staying at Jomtiem Long Stay. I asked how many in one room, he said 5, sometimes more, 3 on the bed the rest on the floor. Might be interesting to stay there.

November 22nd, 2008, 14:19
Went there a few months ago to check it out.
Offered a room for THB 5,500/month and showed it:
- 2nd floor
- very, and than I mean very worn out and needed more than just a lick of paint
- rooms are small
- bathroom could do with a firm cleanup and didn't check the water supply.

OK......THB 5,500/month isn't much for a condo at only 5 mins from the beach, but now I stay in a brand new condo at Naklua Road; 40 m2; European bathroom, nice build in furniture in a split room; small kitchen area; enough parking for motorbike and car for only THB 6,000/month

It won't take long until the prices of longterm rents will go down to normal proportions. A lot of property owners are 'hungry'.