PDA

View Full Version : Don't fly to BKK on Emirates if you are a smoker.

jinks
November 20th, 2008, 23:20
I have just been informed that the all new terminal 3 (All Emirates flights) at Dubai is smoke free.

I'm now getting VERY frustrated, anyone have a road map to get from the UK.

dab69
November 20th, 2008, 23:56
smoked a couple years back and the nicotine patch worked wonders for the trip,
although they do set off more sensitive metal detectors

joe552
November 21st, 2008, 03:32
Nicotine patches work for me as well - full strength ones though

November 21st, 2008, 04:14
An alternative is Etihad that goes via Abu Dhabi. That airport has a huge smoking room that is usually full.

November 21st, 2008, 15:30
If you want to continue to transit via the Gulf you could try either Qatar or Ettihad. Comparable in service to EK but often a little cheaper. Abu Dhabi airport is pretty much a giant pissoir but they do have a smoking lounge. Doha's airport is marginally better and also have smoking lounge. In both cases I use the word lounge in the loosest possible manner.

If you are going to spring for J class then Doha offers the Premium Terminal which is miles ahead of the F/J lounge in AUH, however I prefer the J class seat on Ettihad as the seat is completely flat and horizontal. Qatar is flat but about 10-15 degrees off horizontal. Makes all the difference if you want to sleep through the overnight from the Gulf.

In terms of service both are similar although I would probably give the edge to Qatar. Both also land and depart BKK at similar times.

Aunty
November 22nd, 2008, 18:13
I have just been informed that the all new terminal 3 (All Emirates flights) at Dubai is smoke free.

I'm now getting VERY frustrated, anyone have a road map to get from the UK.

You could try giving up.