PDA

View Full Version : Tarntawan Place Hotel

November 20th, 2008, 18:14
Deluxe Suriwongse Room AUD$ 136.00 per night.
You have got to be kidding me!
AUD$136.00 for a badly maintained room of dubious cleanliness and the farang gays still love it ?????
Beyond my comprehension.

November 20th, 2008, 18:36
I think it's location, location and location that makes it attractive.

AUD$136.00 for a badly maintained room of dubious cleanliness and the farang gays still love it ?????
Beyond my comprehension.

TOQ
November 20th, 2008, 18:56
Beyond my comprehension.

Are you talking about the Ramada Tarntawan that is right across the street from the Tarnatwan Hotel that most farang gays stay in.

john

November 20th, 2008, 19:28
I don't know, but for me the Tarntawan Place has always been a good option when I visited BKK. Staff are friendly and I never once had an issue with cleanliness there.

The room that is mentioned is not base category and it's possible to stay at the standard rooms for 122 Australian Dollars
136 Aussie Dollars is 85 US (or 3000 THB) - For that you'll get a good sized, modern room, smack bang in the heart of town. Also, this rate includes service charge, taxes and breakfast for 2, which is available 24 hours.

Cheers

November 20th, 2008, 20:18
Bigaussieal gave us a rant back in October (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/tarntawan-hotel-t16078.html#160685) with his opinion of Tarntawan Place and 6 weeks later, like a dog returning to its own vomit, he's at it again.

In this post it's the cost in Aussie Dollars - what he fails to mention is that in recent weeks the AU$ has depreciated over 30% against the Baht so maybe this whinger should be directing his malevolant energy against his own government's finance minister rather than a much loved and appreciated hotel in Bangkok.

If you don't like it any more Bigaussieal, find somewhere else to stay ... preferably in Hobart where we can't hear your incessant whining. :thebirdman:

November 20th, 2008, 20:44
Beyond my comprehension.

Are you talking about the Ramada Tarntawan that is right across the street from the Tarnatwan Hotel that most farang gays stay in.
john

There has never been a Ramada Tarntawan Hotel, it was called the Ramada Tawana and a year ago was renamed The Tawana Hotel.

TOQ
November 20th, 2008, 20:53
Beyond my comprehension.

john

There has never been a Ramada Tarntawan Hotel, it was called the Ramada Tawana and a year ago was renamed The Tawana Hotel.

My mistake, thank you

john

November 20th, 2008, 22:21
Bigaussieal gave us a rant back in October (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/tarntawan-hotel-t16078.html#160685) with his opinion of Tarntawan Place and 6 weeks later, like a dog returning to its own vomit, he's at it again.

In this post it's the cost in Aussie Dollars - what he fails to mention is that in recent weeks the AU$ has depreciated over 30% against the Baht so maybe this whinger should be directing his malevolant energy against his own government's finance minister rather than a much loved and appreciated hotel in Bangkok.

If you don't like it any more Bigaussieal, find somewhere else to stay ... preferably in Hobart where we can't hear your incessant whining. :thebirdman:
Right on padlom! Same, same for us who use pounds sterling.
Bigaussieeal needs to get a life! Jeez, the aussies like to talk about us whinging poms but he manages to beat us hands down :banghead:

November 21st, 2008, 09:30

Perhaps we should change the name of this forum to Padlom Gay Thailand!
Seems you have a monopoly on opinion around here. I have no objection to anyone expressing any point of view they wish on this forum. I usually ignore the posts that don't interest me. I don't attempt to browbeat anyone for their opinion. I understand that many loud mouth queens find this acceptable and expected behaviour, each to their own I guess.

searcher
November 21st, 2008, 10:43
I have been reading this forum for quite a long time and I ve always found it helpful, interesting and..at times ..very amusing , too. The only disturbing thing for me is that again and again posters get bashed and insulted for their opinions. Maybe too many GT of some OPs? To each his own. Like many newbies I chose T. hotel (2005) for my first stay with a Thai companion. IMO the room was run down and ridiculously overpriced, compared to other hotels I d been before in BKK. I think the main reason why so many accept this is that one does not get stupid looks when coming back with a Thai mate. It was my first and last stay there. Location and breakfast for 2 are not really an argument....I use to stay at Vincent s now, just a 50 B ride from Silom and great BF for 110 B.

November 21st, 2008, 10:59
it does seem contradictory when one discussion is lamenting the drop of currencies against the baht and the rising price of a plane ticket, then another thread with people justifying paying 3 times as much as they need to for a decent hotel, just because its a 'gay hotel' within stumbling distance of bunch of bars where they can pick up a prostitute for the night.

atri1666
November 21st, 2008, 13:02
I already changed long time ago to The Tawana with my boyfriend when we stay in bangkok. There is good value for money and i can book it between 26-32 Euro for one night depending from season. Very good buffets and swimming pool not to forget. Only sometimes we go to tarntawan to have some food and chat with old friends in the staff.

November 21st, 2008, 14:11

Bigaussieeal needs to get a life! Jeez, the aussies like to talk about us whinging poms but he manages to beat us hands down :banghead:

I can assure you 'Snowkat' I was not whinging, merely stating fact, a concept unknown to the likes of yourself. I have an opinion, I posted it here. I might post it again in another six weeks. So go f*@k yourself! (Ironic...a pom whinging about a post!)....LOL!

Brad the Impala
November 21st, 2008, 15:05

I can assure you 'Snowkat' I was not whinging, merely stating fact, a concept unknown to the likes of yourself. I have an opinion, I posted it here. I might post it again in another six weeks. So go f*@k yourself! (Ironic...a pom whinging about a post!)....LOL!

Your opinion is fact? Is this so in every context?

November 21st, 2008, 15:39

Your point is ????????

Brad the Impala
November 21st, 2008, 21:15

Your point is ????????

Your opinion is your opinion, it isn't a fact, despite your assertion that you are "merely stating fact" in your post."bigaussieal" is a subjective description about yourself. To some you may be "littleaussieal.

November 22nd, 2008, 06:19
What is this Aussie crying about his country's currency becomoing like a toilet paper. Why blame Trantawan Place for it ..... blame your your politicians. Trantwan Place can not be blamed for most of our countries currencies losing the value against THB. Trantawan Place has always maintained it's rates based on THB. If you value location, security, service and 5 star customer service in 3 star hotel, then Trantawan Place is the hotel for gay travellers. It has class and professionalism. If you dont have that kind of money to spend go and stay in a cheap hotel. Nobody's holding you back. Don't blame the others. I have stayed at this hotel for many years and I will stay there forever. Many decent farangs come to saty there and they continue to stay there. If you feel out of place at Trantawan place, you have cheap place for your kind.

Don't ever start a tread, if you have your won problems to blame on others.

November 22nd, 2008, 08:03
can some one tell me what the difference in the 2 places thanks about 2000 baht a night?

Om Yim is fine, rooms are basic, but new and clean. Om Yim doesnt have a lift, but its only 4 floors and most of the rooms are on the lower floors.
Tarntawan is closer to the action, but its an easy walk from Om Yim to Silom Soi 2 and 4, and very close to Chong Nonsi BTS.

Smiles
November 22nd, 2008, 09:01
" ... So im staying at OM Yim is it not as good as Trantwan Place
can some one tell me what the difference in the 2 places thanks ... "
So you've been allowed back into Thailand have you? Have they seen your picture?

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
November 22nd, 2008, 11:34
Hey guys in LOS in April 2009 ,Be in BKK from the 2nd till 7th then in Phuket from 7th till 19th so if your there same time lets have a beer ..be good to meet someone that knows BKK

gra45:
Get in touch with me, I should be free on those dates in Bangkok and we can meet and I can put this identity question to rest. I know what Billy looks like. Pm me for my cell phone number if you want.

November 22nd, 2008, 17:46
What is this Aussie crying about his country's currency becomoing like a toilet paper. Why blame Trantawan Place for it ..... blame your your politicians. Trantwan Place can not be blamed for most of our countries currencies losing the value against THB. Trantawan Place has always maintained it's rates based on THB. If you value location, security, service and 5 star customer service in 3 star hotel, then Trantawan Place is the hotel for gay travellers. It has class and professionalism. If you dont have that kind of money to spend go and stay in a cheap hotel. Nobody's holding you back. Don't blame the others. I have stayed at this hotel for many years and I will stay there forever. Many decent farangs come to saty there and they continue to stay there. If you feel out of place at Trantawan place, you have cheap place for your kind.

Don't ever start a tread, if you have your won problems to blame on others.

Padlom mentioned currency not me, I hope your spoken English is better than your written, "you have cheap place for your kind".....mmmm what exactly is my kind?

November 22nd, 2008, 18:09
[quote=padlom]Bigaussieal gave us a rant back in October (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/tarntawan-hotel-t16078.html#160685) with his opinion of Tarntawan Place and 6 weeks later, like a dog returning to its own vomit, he's at it again.

Your point is ????????

Your opinion is your opinion, it isn't a fact, despite your assertion that you are "merely stating fact" in your post."bigaussieal" is a subjective description about yourself. To some you may be "littleaussieal.[/quote:15tk4txl]

Ohhhhh......I see, just what we need here, a rambling, lunatic size queen! (just my subjective opinion, of course.)

November 22nd, 2008, 18:37
Let me clarify my original statement.
I think (subjective opinion) that the Tarntawan Place Hotel is overpriced, shabby and poor value for money which happens to be in a sought after location.
You are free to stay wherever you please, I don't really care. It is nice to know however that there are alternatives.
I agree that the majority of the staff are wonderful, many of whom I have known for many years now.

To all the Tarntawan diehards, go for your life, stay there. To the political and economic expert, thank you for your useless input. To stevekoolguy, your lack of education and woeful spelling is not my fault but keep practising anyway. To the posters who had something sensible to say, I thank you.

Be nice to each other :blackeye:

November 23rd, 2008, 10:02
Trailler Thrash frangs like you ... that's what I mean. if you are an Aussie, I am sure you don;t understand what Queen's English, becuase your generation was shipped out of England before you were born, beacuse they were convicts

November 23rd, 2008, 10:27
ah, but they do teach us to spell

November 23rd, 2008, 12:26
Trailler Thrash frangs like you ... that's what I mean. if you are an Aussie, I am sure you don;t understand what Queen's English, becuase your generation was shipped out of England before you were born, beacuse they were convicts

"Trailler Thrash" Now that sounds kinky! Get back in the gutter where you belong stevekoolguy.

November 23rd, 2008, 14:11

The pot calling the kettle black! :bounce:

Smiles
November 23rd, 2008, 15:25
" ... "Trailler Thrash" Now that sounds kinky! ... "
Not only 'Trailler Thrash' . . . but 'Trailler Thrash Frangs'.

It's unbelievably difficut to find even a complete idiot who could manage to miss-spell 3 words in a row. The odds against that have to be, eh, maybe 34,000,000:1. Or something like that. :bounce:

Won't even bother with basic grammar. That's a whole nother world for Steve. (I'm thinkin' .... SteveKool and Gra45/69 in the same room. Better than ladyboys lypsynchin' on their best night: the Two Trolls Karaoke Bar will be smokin'!)

Cheers ...

November 23rd, 2008, 17:51

"becuase your generation was shipped out of England before you were born" What an interesting concept, I think we have an ill educated idiot on our hands gentlemen. He is highly amusing though in a masochistic sort of way!

November 24th, 2008, 01:07
I have been going to Thailand regularly since 1998 and I always stay at the Tarntawan when in BKK. If I can afford to travel across the Pacific to get to BKK, I don't mind to pay a little extra for the convenience of the Tarntawan. In addition to be gay friendly, I found this hotel clean and the service is impeccable. Since the renovation, it is even much better. Spacious rooms, king size beds, amenities that you donтАЩt find in many 5 stars hotels. I feel secure if I bring friends over. They keep the ID card of the visitor and call you when he leaves. The breakfast is very good. What else do you want? Oh yes, a safe in the room would be nice.

I stayed once at the Tawana across the street. I was not comfortable to bring a visitor. I also stayed at the Montien and did not bring anyone because I understand they have a joiner fee which is against my principle to pay for that.

So, you may think whatever you want and I respect your opinions but the Tarntawan is the best for me.

November 25th, 2008, 00:15
Ramzes11; I agree with every word.

November 26th, 2008, 07:22
Stayed there three weeks ago, RamzesII you are correct