View Full Version : Cocktail Opening in Sunee Plaza..

catawampuscat
November 20th, 2008, 00:26
I noticed a banner proclaiming the grand opening of the new Cocktail Bar in the
former location of Top Man Go Go Boy Bar. Opening is 21 November.
It was sad to see Top Man go downhill and many foolish decisions were made in
running the bar but it is a new day and a new start and I am hoping the new owners
will give the punters what they want and not more old obese farang ladymen and bad cabaret shows. If you miss this type of entertainment, it has relocated to Villa Rouge around the corner.

I believe the owners are the same group as in the current go go bar Euro Boys just
down the soi, and they did an excellent job transforming Euro Boys..
The new Cocktail Boy Bar should give the beer bars on this Sunee soi a boost and is
a welcome and much needed addition to the Sunee Plaza scene.. :cat:

TOQ
November 20th, 2008, 08:53
running the bar but it is a new day and a new start and I am hoping the new owners
will give the punters what they want and not more old obese farang ladymen and bad cabaret shows. If you miss this type of entertainment, it has relocated to Villa Rouge around the corner.

I believe the owners are the same group as in the current go go bar Euro Boys just
The new Cocktail Boy Bar should give the beer bars on this Sunee soi a boost and is

Do you know if this is to be a true Cocktail Lounge or just another host bar? It would be nice to have a nice lounge.

john

November 20th, 2008, 12:29
Thanks for your update on what's going on in town Cat we are starved of local Info these days.:-

I hope there not putting the hideous show from TOPMAN to Villa Rouge, cant they understand that fat old boys and lady boys donтАЩt sell, why are they not in competition with Nice Boys ex KBOYS, if they know this show works, cute young guys, some with Big appendages, with only 3 lady boys to every 30 Man Boys. Yuk

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2008, 12:55

Do you know if this is to be a true Cocktail Lounge or just another host bar? It would be nice to have a nice lounge.
john

not sure John whether you are thinking aloud in passing that you would like to have a new lounge suite, or an exclusive cocktail bar without 'entertainers'.

I certainly would love a true cocktail bar ( but with French champagne as well-hate cocktails) but then I snap out of it and after 2 or 3 drinks would wonder where the eye candy was. That could be solved of course, with attractive waiters and staff..as despite being a fellow TOQ Tired Old Queen I still have an active immagination and positive outlook and live in hope.

"Thanks for your update on what's going on in town Cat we are starved of local Info these days.:-" how true Bung Kum, particularly when that last poster of all that was happening in Pattaya was shot down in flames !

catawampuscat
November 20th, 2008, 17:18
I believe Cocktail is just a name and play on words. My impression was that it was
going to be a boy go go bar and some have heard that the new owners were planning on bringing in boys from Bangkok to go go. Now, that would be something, but who knows..
I guess we will know tomorrow on the 21st, when Cocktail opens. I understand there have been renovations and I look forward to something fresh in Sunee Plaza.

I am pleased to be in agreement with Bung Kum and O'Booze and encouraged to resume reporting on bars in Pattaya. It looks like my stalkers have tired of the game and I continue to be grateful for the IGNORE feature.
Thanks to homintern for his humourous pm regarding ignore lists.

Bung Kum, your fears are realized as Villa Rouge now features the same boys from the old
Top Man and the show continues.. As Bung Kum says, they just don't get it and maybe it is
a French thing.
Loulou having his annual birthday party bash at Villa Rouge tonite and there
will probably be something for the balloon chasers out there..
It was only a year ago that he had a large live band on the soi outside of Minou Ladyboy (LB)Bar and things have changed.. :cat:

gumblebee
November 20th, 2008, 19:43
From what I read on the forums, Monty's old swimming pool might be a nicer place for a real cocktail bar (i.e. serving cocktails etc.). Given the Thai prices for spirits are fairly reasonable compared to wine or even beer, and labour expenses being low, a cocktail bar might be feasable (don't know how leases are evolving with the worldwide downturn).

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2008, 20:04
From what I read on the forums, Monty's old swimming pool might be a nicer place for a real cocktail bar (i.e. serving cocktails etc.). Given the Thai prices for spirits are fairly reasonable compared to wine or even beer, and labour expenses being low, a cocktail bar might be feasable (don't know how leases are evolving with the worldwide downturn).

I've said it time and time again but will anyone listen ? (apart from you of course)..that pool is a perfect place for a cocktail bar..but it needs heaps of work but what a wonderful place to spend a few hours in the afternoon or evening over drinks (or early morning like me).

And image..a few nice Thai lads trained in synchronisd swimming would bring out the Esther Williams in all of us.

I believe the lease is rather complicated..but these days..they'd probably beg someone to take it on

catawampuscat
November 21st, 2008, 00:25
I passed by Cocktail Boys again this evening and noted that the banner had changed and
there is a new opening date.. 27 November.. :cat:

Do any of you guys remember the Wooden ? Boy bar that used to be where the pool is..
I only remember that Wooden was the first word but it was supposed to have been Thai
owned and this would have been around 6 or 7 years ago and before Monty.

atri1666
November 21st, 2008, 13:08
I passed by Cocktail Boys again this evening and noted that the banner had changed and
there is a new opening date.. 27 November.. :cat:

Do any of you guys remember the Wooden ? Boy bar that used to be where the pool is..
I only remember that Wooden was the first word but it was supposed to have been Thai
owned and this would have been around 6 or 7 years ago and before Monty.

Walked there also yesterday and now it is 27th november - so i will miss the opening - leaving saturday evening