PDA

View Full Version : James Bond Island

bing
November 19th, 2008, 10:44
I was looking at information about Phuket concerning James Bond Island, Phang Nga Bay, or Nail Island. One of the options for seeing the Island was on a Chinese Junk from the June Bahta Company for about 3500 baht. Has anyone taken this tour and it really better than the more pedestrian tour with the long tail boats?

November 19th, 2008, 11:35
I took the June Bahtra a few years ago. There were a group of 5 of us plus another 2 couples on board even though the boat could easily fit 20+.
Trip was brilliant, it stopped at various islands and beautiful inlets for swimming, and the main village built on stilts which is full of restaurants (catering for groups), as well as James Bond Island. I would highly recommend it - great value and slow pace with little noise from engine. Lots of sunbathing space as well. Take a friend with you if you can.

James Bond Island itself is pretty but spoilt by dozens of vendors selling cheap trinklets, and hundreds of visitors every day.

Patexpat
November 19th, 2008, 15:33
Yes, agree with Fattman ... we hired a long tail at the pier and did our own thing, and we visited some beautiful unspoilt beaches. To see the iconic James Bond island itself from afar was quite a spectacle, only to be spoiled upon arriving by the dozens hawkers. Go there to say you have been, but a 20 minute stay would be enough.