View Full Version : Health Checks

mahjongguy
November 19th, 2008, 06:25
" if so how do you know he has recently been tested for STD etc? "

If he was tested a week before and has had 20 customers since then, what good is it?

Poverty and ignorance drives these kids to have unsafe sex. What would be your excuse?

November 19th, 2008, 07:45
If he was tested a week before and has had 20 customers since then, what good is it?

20 Costumes in a week that will earn him a Halloween Beating ! :bigsmurf:

November 19th, 2008, 09:00
I inquired more than a year ago, and found that none of the go-go bars and massage parlours in Pattaya/Jomtien did any testing whatsoever. A number of years ago, some bars in Boyztown, Pattaya did, but dropped the practice because it was too expensive, and when asked they had no intention of re-introducing it.

On the one hand you have go-go bars charging you up to 250 Baht for a drink and up to 300-500 Baht for an off, but are not willing to have their staff tested for STD's (or STI's as now known), when the majority are offed for sex. It is like a restaurant owner serving food that they know maybe contaminated - would you go back if you were violently sick?

In answer to your question Kylemartin, I am afraid that it is down the the boys to check themselves. Now everyone who has spent any time in Thailand will know that if a boy has a spare 40 Baht, he will spend it on a couple of beers.

There are organisations that distribute condoms like Take Care an SWING which is excellent and they do a very good job, but there is very little in the sense of educating boys on the risks of any STI's, never mind the tell tell signs. The PGF (supports HEART 2000 which cares for HIV+ people), and have never seen them promoting Safe Sex in a big way - why?

Is educating the boys of the risks the responsibility of the Government, bar owners, friends, customers, NGO's - that could be a whole other thread!

I know friends that will have boys that they see regularly screened, but I think it is not the norm. An off for a night is casual, you are unlikely to go to hospital first and check that all is well before you have sex. And if you you end up with syphilis or anything else from that encounter, are you likely to return with that boy or to that bar for that matter?

Ask a boy if he knows what gonorrhea, Hepatitis B is? how easily STI's are transmitted just by kissing or sucking? - 99% would not have a clue!

Ask the bar owners if they care, and what they are doing about it.

The whole situation is shameful to say the least - and the poor victims are???

giggsy
November 19th, 2008, 21:23
*20 Costumes not flying wow who his excuse! week that will ask Kyle 20 customers his will in a Halloween business*

ive dreamed of the day gra45 and baziel both contributed to a thread... bring back latin its easier to understand.

Amoto quaeramus seria ludo amare et sapere vix deo conceditur
Joking aside, even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time

Patexpat
November 19th, 2008, 21:54
[quote="jomtiengayguide"] The PGF (supports HEART 2000 which cares for HIV+ people), and have never seen them promoting Safe Sex in a big way - why? /quote]

Not quite true - PGF make sizable donations to TAKE CARE to help with the good work they do. PGF is primarily an enabler using funds raised from us all which are then donated to local charities.

Heart 2000 is a major benefactor, but The Mercy Center, Take Care and a youth detention center have all benefited from the funds raised by PGF.

From what I see most of the bars also support the health initiative from the local govt health centers - just take a look in almost any loo in any of the Boystown and Jomtien bars and read the posters. Can't comment on Sunee as I don't visit there.

Having said that there is a long way to go, and much more yet to be done.

giggsy
November 20th, 2008, 03:47
you got me there gra :idea:
dear old blighty cottage
ballina
county mayo
republic of ireland
P1RA L0L

did you know there is a ballina in australia as well, in NSW

i went to ballina in australia, flew into brisbain. at the immagration desk they asked if i had any criminal convictions? i said "i didn't think it was still compulsory".

mahjongguy
November 20th, 2008, 06:18
where in my post did I mention I have unprotected sex?

I apologize for making an assumption. I read your query as "where can I go to find someone to do unsafe things with?".

It's just that it's a topic that I get very emotional about. I see profiles on hookup sites where guys are looking for barebacking and I go nuts.

Moral 1: always assume that your partner has at least one communicable disease. If he's a sex worker, assume several diseases.

Here's a little tale related to the topic: a 33yo friend of mine met a guy whom he liked very much. After staying together for a while, they both went and got tested for HIV. Getting good results, they set aside the condoms. Unfortunately, it turns out his partner was a carrier of Hepatitis B. So, my friend got very ill for a while and must now go the rest of his life without alcohol.

Moral 2: if you meet someone whom you willing to trust with your life, at least be sure to test for everything.

blazer
November 20th, 2008, 09:20
Hey Guys

I have searched the threads on this topic but unfortunately couldn't find much on it.

Are there bars in Pattaya where the guys get health checks regulary ? if so how do you know he has recently been tested for STD etc?

Many Thanks

Kyle

Sounds like not too many get regular health checks at the bars. Probably the best way is to have your partner checked at a health facility. I think what he is asking is where is is the best place to have your partner checked for HIV and other major STD's while in Pattaya? Maybe there are several options.

It makes sense(to me, at least) to get a check up at a reputable hospital or health facility. Preferably it is a place where they accept walk ins, understand english, and offer accurate and reliable service.

Are there any recommendations and can anyone offer a facility name and department phone number?