PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Ettiquette

November 18th, 2008, 20:59
Do Thai boys always forget to lift the toilet seat when they pee or does this just occur in my home? Your experiences would be helpful.

November 18th, 2008, 21:28
Do Thai boys always forget to lift the toilet seat when they pee or does this just occur in my home? Your experiences would be helpful.

Only if they are hillbillies right off the farm, whose experience with toilets (and seats) is limited. Most farangs wouldn't know how to work a Thai toilet on first encounter; I don't know how you'd expect these boys to know what to do with a farang-style toilet seat.

November 18th, 2008, 21:44
Only if they are hillbillies right off the farm, whose experience with toilets (and seats) is limited.
I can vouch for that. Once noticed through an inadvertently partially opened door that a boy I had offed was squatting on the hotel toilet seat having a crap. When he had finished I plucked up the courage to ask him why. He told me he thought that was the right way to use a farang toilot but he found it very difficult because he could not balance properly with his feet resting on the seat. The toilet seat and surrounding area was, of course, soaking wet from him having used the douche in that position as well !!!

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 19th, 2008, 06:43
I thought this may be a guide to "cottaging "

November 19th, 2008, 07:34

Most of us don't get the Thai point.

There is no logical reason. :bigsmurf:

They put it down when they go, and then put it up after its done. :drunken: . Simple as that. :clown:

lonelywombat
November 19th, 2008, 13:28
From Breaking News my local press

World Toilet Day no laughing matter, group says

November 19, 2008 - 6:20PM

A Singapore-based non-profit organisation proclaimed World Toilet Day on Wednesday, but said it was no laughing matter.

The World Toilet Organisation, founded in 2001, aims to make sanitation a key global issue.

"Each year lack of toilets causes 200 million tons of human waste to go uncollected and untreated around the world, fouling the environment and exposing millions of people to diseases," the organisation said on its website.

"November 19th is World Toilet Day, a day on which we can remind others the importance of better sanitation for EVERYONE."

The group, known by its initials "WTO" says it is a global network of 151 toilet and sanitation organisations in 53 countries.

World Toilet Day "is now being celebrated by members all over the world," the website said.

In its Toilet Day message, the WTO said 2.5 billion people in the world lack access to proper toilet facilities.

The WTO was founded by Singaporean entrepreneur Jack Sim, who has described himself as "something like an evangelist" when it comes to toilets. He could not be reached on Wednesday.

WTO has also organised World Toilet Summits for academics and other experts to discuss toilet-related issues. Sim is also director of the World Toilet College which offers training in toilet maintenance and related matters.

┬й 2008 AFP

lonelywombat
November 19th, 2008, 13:28
I do not understand why my posts are duplicating

lonelywombat
November 19th, 2008, 16:43
I do not understand why my posts are duplicating

there that shit so it takes 2 so we believe it lol[/quote]

can you translate that to english, billy boi

Brad the Impala
November 19th, 2008, 17:54
I thought this may be a guide to "cottaging "

You need a guide?! I thought that you wrote the book!

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2008, 17:53
[quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":1rmhcz72]I thought this may be a guide to "cottaging "

You need a guide?! I thought that you wrote the book![/quote:1rmhcz72]

is there a book ?. That would have been so handy when I was an innocent schoolboy. I've certainly done enough research to put together a handy guide.

November 20th, 2008, 18:13
About six years ago I met a guy in a go-go bar in Pattaya who became, and still is, my boyfriend. He'd been in Pattaya a couple of years and had been working in a bar for one year. I suppose some would call him a farm boy- certainly his background is very poor indeed. He and his friends would use the phrase "he's from the black mountains" to describe this. And then burst out laughing.
I remember taking him and his closest friends to a local restaurant in Pattaya Tai when I first met him and my abiding memory is is that all three of them had superb table manners as well as perfect courtesy towards me with my limiited Thai. However poor they were, they had all been well brought up.
I contrasted this with the behaviour of Britrish youngsters in restaurants here in London.
And he always lifts the seat and flushes when he uses my toilet ; so he should- he never spends less than twenty minutes each time he goes in there .

TOQ
November 20th, 2008, 18:59
[quote="Brad the Impala":2p18o2kb][quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":2p18o2kb]I thought this may be a guide to "cottaging "

You need a guide?! I thought that you wrote the book![/quote:2p18o2kb]

is there a book ?. That would have been so handy when I was an innocent schoolboy. I've certainly done enough research to put together a handy guide.[/quote:2p18o2kb]

Let me proof read it for you when you finish and I will add the places you have left out :))

john

TrongpaiExpat
November 21st, 2008, 12:12
Isaan farm boys and girls can learn elegant table manners from the Thai soaps. These soaps use the most extravagant and upscale homes and setting that can be found in Thailand. The actors portray the life style of the rich.

You don't see many toilets though and never see one of the actors using a western toilet.

It's funny but these actors are in setting that almost none of them can afford in real life. It does not appear that they make anything close to their western counterparts. Best I can figure out they are on what was once in Hollywood for a short time, the contract system. Paid employees, with the real money being made by producers and investors.