PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ON BKK BARS

November 16th, 2008, 09:37
Soi Twilight seems to be picking up in the last fortnight in anticipation of the so-called high season. Contrary to the reports, boys are flocking back to the Soi expecting normal than usual high season. However, with less tourist arrivals there seems to be more boys than customers and the boys keep changing the bars based on the trend.

X-Boys is the more vibrant and packed bar in the Soi and consistant with the flow of customers. The attraction seems to be: more/attractive selection of boys and the lively atmosphere of the Bar. The Dancers, the shows, the comedy skid and the fuck shows seems to keep the Bar going. The like of Note, Don, Numbers 11, 10, 31 and 42 seems to carry the show and they are offed within munutes of the bar openning.

Hotmale seems to have picked up in the recent months, brining back the fuck show and few of the stunners who carry the whole bar. Fairly packed and seems to attract constant flow of customers.

Fresh Beach Boys gets the crowd in but the few stunners are taken out early in the evennings. Worth a visit. The Model Bobby has moved to Dream Boys, that's a disappointment for the regulars.

Classic Boys still remains that one-stop shopping place for the customers who are into more of fem type guys and they keep attracting good ones in that area. Worth a visit

Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys are a disaster with the intorduction of the free drinks coupon for both the customers and the boys. Boys are furious and even had a big showdown with one of the owners and leaving the bar to X-Boys. Though this promotion in the opinion of the owners though, would help pick-up the business: the downside to it is that the farangs are using the opportunity to visit the place, have the boys sit by their side, fiddle with them and then leave without buying the next drink or even tipping the boys for their time. Boys are revolting aganist this move. I am sure the workers down the Soi soon will be unionized. These two Bars are dwon the drain, unless you like to capitalize on the free drinks and a free fiddle with the boys.

One the well organized and well run place is Jupiter. Good selection and well behaved guys. The owner runs that place based on certian standards, including the selection of the boys. No Tattos, no high-lights or dyed hair. Shows are well organized and well performed. The shows attracts good crowd and half the boys are taken out after the shows.

Future Boys is gone down and up for sale. Asking rate is about 7 million. They had a standard of picking up the boys 5 years ago, now they are desparate will taken in any one. Quality and service are bad

Siam Angel Boys, down the drains and up for grabs. Asking price is 700,000.

Solid Bar remains that same with a quite outlook and good selection of hidden or hidding talents. Worht a visit. Drinks are still 100.

latintopxxx
November 17th, 2008, 14:29
Sorry to hear about Boys Bangkok and dream boys; a year ago they were really busy and had excellent comic skits and really good fuck shows witn up to 6 guys on the stage at a time. Wonder what caused them to loose the edge they had?

November 18th, 2008, 06:43
Greed and the manner in which they treat the boys. When the English guy George was associated with the company, he was the go in-between the boys and the rest of the owners and the boys had a kind hearted, understanding and a fair minded farang to to fall back to. With his departure, the other owners and alledgely, Martin treats the guys who works for him as pawns and slaves. That mentality has reuined their good will and the good looking ones started to either moved to X-Boys or moved out altogether. The Skid you are talking about now works at the X-Boys.

Secondly, they are the cause for driving the prices down the Soi. Greed again. For some reasons other Bars followed suit and they all are paying the price for it. One time famous Dream Boys, when they were opposite the Soi has lost its glamour with bus loads of tourist arriving for their shows. Even the tourist find their prices unreasonable, more than high and it seems to be a general boycott of thise establishments. I warned of this coming alomost 9 months ago in this forum and thought it would catch the eys of the owners?

November 18th, 2008, 07:15
Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys are a disaster with the intorduction of the free drinks coupon for both the customers and the boys. Boys are furious and even had a big showdown with one of the owners and leaving the bar to X-Boys. Though this promotion in the opinion of the owners though, would help pick-up the business: the downside to it is that the farangs are using the opportunity to visit the place, have the boys sit by their side, fiddle with them and then leave without buying the next drink or even tipping the boys for their time. Boys are revolting aganist this move. I am sure the workers down the Soi soon will be unionized. These two Bars are dwon the drain, unless you like to capitalize on the free drinks and a free fiddle with the boys.

What an interesting bit of news, Stevekookguy. Being in the hospitality business myself, I find such tidbits about the dynamics of the bar business of special interest. Thanks for sharing.

Future Boys is gone down and up for sale. Asking rate is about 7 million. They had a standard of picking up the boys 5 years ago, now they are desparate will taken in any one. Quality and service are bad. Siam Angel Boys, down the drains and up for grabs. Asking price is 700,000.

I cannot imagine one bar being worth 10 times another. The value of a bar is no more than the value of the furnishings (which are usually tattered beyond repair) and sound system. How can one be so much more than another? Boys and employees have no value; new owners would almost surely want to get their own. As for reputation and goodwill, Future Boys, after a long decline, can't possibly have much goodwill attached to the name anymore.

As you rightly pointed out, Future Boys made its biggest mistake when it lost sight of the key ingredient for success - the standard of the boys.

November 18th, 2008, 08:27
When you lose sight of reality and live in a world of your won: with out any regard to basic business concepts this is what happens for the older boys at Future Boys and Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok

markie1
November 18th, 2008, 10:52
When you lose sight of reality and live in a world of your won: with out any regard to basic business concepts this is what happens for the older boys at Future Boys and Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok
At ┬г4.76 a drink many of these bars have out priced them selfes,who can really aford to sit in these bars all night at these prices. Thats just short of ┬г10.00 for two drinks. And dont compare this with other countries ,because we are talking about Thailand ,a wholesale bottle of beer in thailand costs around 20 pence,
I really do believe if the drinks were a more resonable price they would attract more cutomers. me for one and i am sure many more
Another thing that puts people off also about going down that Soi,is those stupid boys pulling and pushing all the customers around to get them to go in bars ,if they got rid of those boys it may help ,customers may actually like to walk down the soi, and choose which bar to go in ,instead of been pushed in one .

November 19th, 2008, 01:41
I totally agree with you on all points. The owners can not get, specially the the farang owners

TrongpaiExpat
November 19th, 2008, 21:12
Interesting post Mr. Kool guy but how did you acquire all that information with you location listed as "North America" ?

Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys were busy last night. I know one boy that left and asked him and he said very few people came in with that free drink offer and he left only to take a job as a waiter near-by with a more consistent salary, he did not know any other boys who recently left.

November 19th, 2008, 22:22
Trongpai - may I suggest you take what that boy told you with a pinch of salt? I'm not saying that I know Stevekoolguy's analysis is accurate - I don't know, and like you asked, I'd wonder how reliable his source is too. But what the former Dreamboy/Bangkokboys boy said contradicted your own observation.

You said those 2 bars were busy. He said few people went in despite the free drink offer. If the offer is still on, then your observation trumps his statement. If the offer is now rescinded, are we to believe that more people are now flocking to the bars after learning they have to pay for the second drink?

November 19th, 2008, 22:49
he said very few people came in with that free drink offer.

Oh, sorry, perhaps I might have misunderstood. Did you mean to say that few people exercised the option of a free second drink? That, consistent with your own observations, people were indeed going into the bar, buying their first drink, but not ordering a second drink (whether for themselves, or a boy) even when that would have been free?

If so, then it would indicate thus:

1. Like for years now, people were just going to see the show, and one drink was enough to last a show.
2. As soon as the show ended, they left.
3. They didn't need a second drink for themselves.
4. They didn't want to call a boy over even if a drink for him would be free because they didn't want to feel obliged to off a boy.

If the above is a fair representation of the situation, then it shows this:

5. That the market considers the charge fo 250 - 300 baht to be fair for the show.
6. It disproves what some on this (and other) boards have been saying that the price of the drink was putting people off.
7. What people have been put off over is the poor value-for-money proposition of offing a boy. People have wisened up to the fact that what they can expect to have to pay for offing a boy is simply not worth it (consistent with point no. 4 above).

Which kinda supports what I said a while back - that these venues have become show bars, and have totally neglected the critical issue of the service quality from the boys when off-site. The market is prepared to pay for the show, but not prepared to pay for the boys' (non-)services.

But then the question the bars have to ask themselves is this: How long can they go on expecting the boys to perform shows for a pittance, without top-up income from being off'ed?

sydneyboy
November 19th, 2008, 23:56
A question. What time do the bars eg the Twilight soi bars, the Tawan, Jupiter close these days? I have not been to Bangkok for a few years but intend to go early 2009.

neddy3
November 20th, 2008, 03:39
A question. What time do the bars eg the Twilight soi bars, the Tawan, Jupiter close these days? I have not been to Bangkok for a few years but intend to go early 2009.

1.00 am

November 20th, 2008, 03:41

1.00am, but Screwboys in Patpong closes at 3.00am

November 20th, 2008, 08:45
If anyone here could use their heads, all what they need to do is regularly visit the Thaiboys.net web-site look at the the profiles to see how many stay on and how many leave on a weekly basis. Evidence is there. You dont need to question the ability of Stevekool or depend others reports. Use the resources to analyise.

TrongpaiExpat
November 20th, 2008, 10:14
If anyone here could use their heads, all what they need to do is regularly visit the Thaiboys.net web-site look at the the profiles to see how many stay on and how many leave on a weekly basis. Evidence is there. You dont need to question the ability of Stevekool or depend others reports. Use the resources to analyise.

So, you not actually in Thailand and posted all these facts from "Intellegent Analysis" ?

Trongpai - may I suggest you take what that boy told you with a pinch of salt?

macaroni21:
I have know this boy for 6 years, but sure, you never know what to believe. What you really need to take with a pinch of salt is anonymous posters. Agree with your 7 points, good analysis.

By the way Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys are the only go-go's on the soi with consistent application of the no smoking ban. They do it by not allowing the staff and boys to smoke inside.

November 22nd, 2008, 06:27
The source of my informations are: my own visists, constant touch with the guys, freinds on the spot, fourms, websites and long term/short term SWOT analysis of the market place

November 22nd, 2008, 09:15
.."other forums"..?
Such as?
thanks
cheers

Brad the Impala
November 22nd, 2008, 15:02
The source of my informations are: my own visists, constant touch with the guys, freinds on the spot, fourms, websites and long term/short term SWOT analysis of the market place

When were you last in Thailand?

November 22nd, 2008, 16:11
SWOT analysis or SHOT Analysis?

Hole sellers rather than wholesalers.

Who threatened you?

Go easy on those shots. They can affect your judgement.

November 23rd, 2008, 19:58
The initial post is way too well written to have been this idiots work! He can't spell, grammar is atrocious and it's far too complicated a subject for this redneck guttersnipe to have penned.

Bob
November 23rd, 2008, 20:58
The initial post is way too well written to have been this idiots work! He can't spell, grammar is atrocious and it's far too complicated a subject for this redneck guttersnipe to have penned.

This merits a "lol." Almost sounds like BA and NotSoKool are madly in love! :clown:

November 24th, 2008, 19:04
Well I would say the only Bar in Bangkok that was heaving friday night and has the real men, even though some were hiding as lady boys with only half a mans mannerisms, was JUPITER2000

Hot men hot action and hot drinks 250 baht, bearable for the show.

If I was going to open a show bar as THE NEW VENUE alias ICON, is hoping to do in the old BONDI Building, I would go and see how they manage to fill this place, with 100 visitors and many more a night, coming and going and no hassle to buy drinks at all.

I also found some nice farm Boys types in "MY WAY BAR" in an alley in between Suriwong and Silom Roads
recently refurbish, as the old owner Charlee has now just died of Cancer, even though he was arrested just before.

SOLID was good for guys, but not many customers, FRESH BOYS ok guys, well 3 of them were, but very little customers, FUTURE BOYS no stunners as before and no stunners any where apart from my old love Mr. Nut 33 in Jupiter.
Apart from that Super A still hanging on with couple of nice guys and from time to time very nice. SCREWBOYS had more lady boys then normal but it has a certain fun feel about the place, TAWAN had a few fans & followers and a few Muscle hunks, even though for me they looked over weight and in there 40s. nothing special.

But nothing like the late 90s and early 2000 now all very plain. no super stars that I like to go with you find many more walking in the streets and Bathrooms, as has been said before here?

BANGKOK BOYS had a few nice guys and just a few customers, CLASSIC was ok but to many ladyboys for me if you like them 20s and lady go there.

FUTURE BOYS was having some sort of talent show for the staff and owners the whole Soi was blocked with tables but nice gesture fo the staff. no customers.invited.

I went to a few other bars, but not worth mentioning as all had lady boys, why do they ruin there business with them, as they have said here so many times.

November 24th, 2008, 19:47
Thanks for that excellent run down on the bars R.R. Pleasure to read something sensible (just my subjective opinion, of course :cat: