PDA

View Full Version : Dutch court sentences 2 men in HIV injection case

November 14th, 2008, 07:11
This is to horrible to be real, yet it probably is.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) тАФ A Dutch court convicted two men Wednesday for attempting to infect 14 victims with HIV in a bizarre sex case.

The Groningen District Court found the two guilty of severe assault for injecting semiconscious men with HIV-infected blood at sex parties between January 2006 and May 2007.

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j1f4oMYXmopZUVDVg444ZBIRZsmAD94DL3201 (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j1f4oMYXmopZUVDVg444ZBIRZsmAD94DL3201)

November 14th, 2008, 10:33
Is it just me or are there others that feel the sentence for these two guys is way too little?
9 and 5 years for injecting 14 people with HIV infected blood seems not quite right to me.

The 14 victims surely have their lives ruined and are likely to die one day because of what has happened to them, whilst the two perpetrators walk out of prison eventually.

I don't want to sound dramatic but if I was a victim of these two self appointed henchman, I would be devastated by the sentence. Surely all of the victims could have been infected by other means but chances are that some of them only got the infection because of being injected with infected blood.
Also, I don't want to even think about the dangers of being 'given' blood that does not match the type of the recipient.

vnman
November 23rd, 2008, 07:37
Is it just me or are there others that feel the sentence for these two guys is way too little?
9 and 5 years for injecting 14 people with HIV infected blood seems not quite right to me.

The 14 victims surely have their lives ruined and are likely to die one day because of what has happened to them, whilst the two perpetrators walk out of prison eventually.

I don't want to sound dramatic but if I was a victim of these two self appointed henchman, I would be devastated by the sentence. Surely all of the victims could have been infected by other means but chances are that some of them only got the infection because of being injected with infected blood.
Also, I don't want to even think about the dangers of being 'given' blood that does not match the type of the recipient.

The dutch law system is in many ways better than those of other countries in the world. Sentencing is something that the Netherlands should improve. You can get away with serving only a few years for murder.

me