PDA

View Full Version : Australia legitimises polygamy

November 12th, 2008, 07:56
The Australian government is proposing changes to the Family Law Act that implicitly recognise same-sex, extra-marital and polygamous relationships. The right-wing (Canadian-born (note that Smiles, Canadian-born)) commentator Mark Steyn has long maintained that if society recognises gay marriage (ie. gender doesn't matter) then the next logical move is polygamous marriage (number doesn't matter)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/lov ... 95493.html (http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/love-cheats-may-pay-for-affairs/2008/11/12/1226318695493.html)

Thank god I trade in the mem'sahibs every eighteen months

jinks
November 12th, 2008, 13:20
The right-wing (Canadian-born (note that Smiles, Canadian-born))

Smiles will not note this he is an Oz born, Canadian immigrant, Thai immigrant.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 12th, 2008, 15:54
"note that Smiles, Canadian-born)) commentator Mark Steyn "..some of my best pals are Canadians and none should be blamed for this ratbag ! Isn't it time commentators like Steyn were put out to pasture ?..along with the plunging ratings for Fox News to add to the Sun King's other woes as his Dr Evil aka Lord Mandelson looks unable to prevent Murdoch having to dispose of a huge swathe of BSKYB shares and thus lose millions in the process...being right wing is sooo yesterday.

with the election of Barack O Bama..black is the new black !!! :cheers:

November 12th, 2008, 15:57
"note that Smiles, Canadian-born)) commentator Mark Steyn "..It's amazing what people think I don't know. It's all in the files. Smiles was born in Adelaide. So the remark must mean something other than the obvious? :bounce:

November 12th, 2008, 23:05
It's amazing what people think I don't know.

Australian law, possibly?

FAMILY LAW ACT 1975 - SECT 6 - Polygamous marriages

For the purpose of proceedings under this Act, a union in the nature of a marriage which is, or has at any time been, polygamous, being a union entered into in a place outside Australia, shall be deemed to be a marriage.

krobbie
November 13th, 2008, 00:58
"note that Smiles, Canadian-born)) commentator Mark Steyn "..It's amazing what people think I don't know. It's all in the files. Smiles was born in Adelaide. So the remark must mean something other than the obvious? :bounce:

Adelaide? Yikes. A pretty little town that is stinking hot in the Summer and cold as charity in the Winter. Nothing happens of note. There could only be one place more boring and that is Geelong. Anyone been there?

Cheers
krobbie

November 19th, 2008, 21:29
closely followed by Christchurch

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2008, 18:00
It's amazing what people think I don't know.

Australian law, possibly?

FAMILY LAW ACT 1975 - SECT 6 - Polygamous marriages

For the purpose of proceedings under this Act, a union in the nature of a marriage which is, or has at any time been, polygamous, being a union entered into in a place outside Australia, shall be deemed to be a marriage.

Is this why Homintern is on a pilgrimage to Australia ?....