PDA

View Full Version : PRICES OF OFFS -BKK

November 11th, 2008, 05:11
This is specifically for offs from Bangkok bars, therefore not a (complete) duplication of the poll from a few weeks back.

How much do you tip short time for boys from Bangkok tourist bars?

November 11th, 2008, 07:44
Did we have one of these just a few weeks ago?

dab69
November 11th, 2008, 11:44
I can see Homi didn't vote, no one in the category for <900 yet.

November 11th, 2008, 11:47
I can see Homi didn't vote, no one in the category for <900 yet.It's somewhat difficult for me to cast a vote, as the question is "off from Bangkok bars" and I thought my use of the (Nokia) Little Black Book was pretty well publicised - just ask George

November 12th, 2008, 02:10
Did we have one of these just a few weeks ago?

Almost. This is the third poll & they were as follows:

No 1: Tips for short time offs. I didn't specify the location, so that would include BKK, Pattaya etc. Yes, some people really do ignore Homi's advice & go to Pattaya.

No 2: Tips for long time

No 3: Tips for short time, specifically in BKK.

Marcus Wilson raised a question about tips in BKK. As that destination is considered to command higher tips, I'm running a poll specifically for BKK bars.

The October short time poll (unspecified location) had 97 votes, of which 67% were below 1300 baht.
The BKK poll has 44 votes at the time of writing & only 57% are below 1400 baht.

I failed to set the same ranges for the poll, but it does back up the perception of higher tips in BKK.

A median in the 1100~1400 range will hardly break the bank for most tourists though.

I might do directly comparable polls for BKK & Pattaya next autumn.

November 12th, 2008, 02:16
Yes, some people really do ignore Homi's advice & go to Pattaya"There's a sucker born every minute"