View Full Version : pinnacle hotel

November 10th, 2008, 01:59
hello, does anyone know how much a deluxe room cost nowadays at Pinnacle hotel (trough Jimmy)?
i have read somewhere that the price has gone up lately

thnks

thanatorn-old
November 10th, 2008, 02:10
Last time I paid around the 1350 mark and that was in July and Jimmy said then it was at the new rate. Best give him a call as he never answers emails.

1PR4BKK
November 10th, 2008, 07:37
I just booked my Deluxe Double (1 Big Bed for 2 Persons) for January 2009 at 1490 THB/night (1440 THB/night weekly rate) through Jimmy. This is higher than I paid last February but still a good value.

topjohn5
November 10th, 2008, 10:08
Since I am staying there for 3 days (well I'm not really sure yet if I have a reservation because he hasn't responded to me in a while) in December I have been in touch with Jimmy just last week. Below is the very detailed email he sent me the first time I contacted him on Tuesday..... Of course, the next two emails have gone unanswered but as I understand it that is normal for him.......so, I will wait another 2 days and then make reservations for the Pinnacle through another source......but his rates seem to be the best I have seen.

From Jimmy:

The Pinnacle has 179 well-appointed rooms. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air conditioning units, private bathroom with shower and bathtub (except bathrooms in the renovated rooms on 14th and 15th floor which have only an overhead shower, no bathtub), IDD phones, Satellite TV with in-house movies and mini-bar.

All rooms (Except JUNIOR, PRESIDENTIAL AND PINNACLE SUITES) are exactly the same size but have different amenities and are located on different floors.

1) STANDARD rooms are on the 4th & 5th floor. Rooms are basic with lightly stocked mini bars; safety deposit boxes are available free of charge only at reception.

2) SUPERIOR rooms are on the 4th, 5th , 6th & 7th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities and in-room safety deposit box.

3) DELUXE rooms are on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box.

4) JUNIOR SUITE rooms are on the 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box. They are larger than Standard, Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and living area.

5) PRESIDENTIAL SUITE rooms are on the 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box. They are larger than Standard, Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and larger living area.

6) PINNACLE rooms (Renovated rooms) are on the 14th & 15th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, in-room safety deposit box, 32" LCD Screen TV and DVD player.

7) PINNACLE SUITE (Renovated room) is on the 14th floor and has additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, in-room safety deposit box, 32" LCD Screen TV and DVD player. It is larger than Standard, Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and larger living area.

************************************************** ********************************
The room rates for the Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel, Bangkok that we offer currently

FROM 1 OCTOBER '08 UNTIL 31 OCTOBER '09 are as follows :

(Weekly Rate = Minimum of 5 consecutive nights*)

************************************************** ********************************

1) STANDARD ROOMS (4th & 5th Floor) - Smoking rooms ONLY* :
================================================== ===
1.1) STD-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 1,140 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,090 baht/night)
1.2) STD-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,240 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,190 baht/night)
1.3) STD-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,240 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,190 baht/night)
<*Note: As of 11 Aug '04 a Non-smoking room is no longer available in a Standard room.>

2) SUPERIOR ROOMS (4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Floor) :
=======================================
2.1) SUP-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 1,240 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,190 baht/night)
2.2) SUP-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,340 baht/night (*Weekly Rtae = 1,290 baht/night)
2.3) SUP-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,340 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,290 baht/night)

3) DELUXE ROOMS (8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th & 13th Floor) :
===============================================
3.1) DLX-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 1,390 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,340 baht/night)
3.2) DLX-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,490 baht/night *Weekly Rate = 1,440 baht/night)
3.3) DLX-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,490 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 1,440 baht/night)

4) JUNIOR SUITE = One bed room with a big bed + a separate living room (11th, 12th & 13th Floor) :
================================================== ==========================
JUNIOR SUITE - Single/Double (1 big bed only), with breakfast for two = 2,350 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 2,250 baht/night)

5) PRESIDENTIAL SUITE = One bed room with a big bed + a separate larger living room (11th, 12th & 13th Floor):
================================================== =====================================
PRESIDENTIAL SUITE - Single/Double (1 big bed only), with breakfast for two = 2,650 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 2,550 baht/night)

6) PINNACLE ROOMS (Renovated rooms on 14th & 15th Floor) - Non-smoking rooms ONLY :
================================================== ======================
6.1) PIN-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 2,390 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 2,290 baht/night)
6.2) PIN-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 2,390 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 2,290 baht/night)
6.3) PIN-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 2,390 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 2,290 baht/night)

7) PINNACLE SUITE = One bed room with a big bed + a separate larger living room (Renovated room on 14th Floor) - Non-smoking room ONLY :
================================================== ================================================== ==========
PINNACLE SUITE - Single/Double (1 big bed only), with breakfast for two = 3,550 baht/night (*Weekly Rate= 3,350 baht/night)

================================================== ============================================

PLEASE NOTE: BREAKFAST IS NOW PART OF THE PACKAGE AND NO LONGER AN OPTION. HOWEVER, FOR AN ADDITIONAL 150 BAHT (starting 1 Nov '06), THE BREAKFAST COUPON CAN BE EXCHANGED FOR THE BUFFET LUNCH (Monday through Friday only, except public holidays). THIS SPECIAL OFFER IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO GUESTS BOOKING THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT THROUGH OTHER AGENTS OR DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.

Remarks :
========

1) As of 1 October '08, the Wireless Internet Access is Free Of Charge.

2) Bathrooms for STANDARD, SUPERIOR, DELUXE, JUNIOR SUITES AND PESIDENTIAL SUITES have a bathtub with an overhead shower.

3) Bathrooms for the PINNACLE ROOMS and the PINNACLE SUITE have only an overhead shower (NO bathtub).

4) All rooms on the 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th & 11th floor are Smoking rooms.

5) All rooms on the 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14 & 15 floor are Non-smoking rooms.

6) Please advise whether you prefer a Smoking or Non-smoking room.***

7) **Big bed, ***Smoking and Non-smoking rooms, and special requests for a certain floor are Subject to availability at check-in.

8) Starting 1 Nov '04, extra charge for a Late Check-Out of no later than 6 PM is 500 baht. IF CHECKING OUT AFTER 6 PM, A FULL NIGHT WIIL BE CHARGED.

9) Extra charge for an extra bed (with breakfast) = 500 baht/night.

10) The above rates are inclusive of tax and service charges, and buffet breakfast.

11) The above rates may be subject to change.

****12) The hotel reserves the right to charge a fee to customers who book for one person (single room) but bring guests back to the room. Therefore, we recommend customers book for two persons (double or twin) to avoid this fee.

13) PLEASE NOTE THESE SPECIAL PRICES ARE ONLY FOR BOOKINGS MADE THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.

14) No shows will be charged at the rate of 1 night. You must notify us of any changes or cancellation.

15) Payment must be made to J.F. Holidays in room 1312, NOT to the hotel.

16) Payment can be made after checking into the room. Payment must be in CASH ONLY (Thai Baht) and is due immediately after checking-in (or within 24 hours after checking-in, at the latest). Otherwise, you will NOT receive the special rates shown above. NOTE: Office hours for payment are normally 10 AM тАУ 3 PM.

17) Complete instructions for payment will be given to you again with the booking confirmation.

************************************************** *************************************************

November 10th, 2008, 15:19
Since I am staying there for 3 days (well I'm not really sure yet if I have a reservation because he hasn't responded to me in a while) in December I have been in touch with Jimmy just last week. Below is the very detailed email he sent me the first time I contacted him on Tuesday..... Of course, the next two emails have gone unanswered but as I understand it that is normal for him.......so, I will wait another 2 days and then make reservations for the Pinnacle through another source......but his rates seem to be the best I have seen.

Jimmy's rates are the best. I am surprised he responded to your email in the first place. I have never had any luck contacting him via email. I have always called him and I might suggest you do the same.

topjohn5
November 11th, 2008, 05:23
I just received my 2nd email from Jimmy! I am now confirmed!
I will take this email as absolute evidence that there is a God and he wants me to stay with Jimmy at the Pinnacle.
By the way, I have a question to anyone who stays at the Pinnacle. Does God leave enough room in the mini-bar to place additional bottles or is it full of the stuff for sale? If it is full are there ice buckets and ice at this place?

anakot
November 11th, 2008, 05:30
She (Gawd) doesn't leave enough room in the minibar. But not to be outdone by the big she-bitch I just take out a few of the hallowed phials and place them in full view on the shelf above and then fill it wiv me own crap!

Problem solved but make sure boy special only gets to drink outta da fridge!

bao-bao
November 11th, 2008, 08:51
Even when I did drink booze I was selective about what brands I drank, and now that I don't I don't want it taking up precious space - nor do I want their overpriced sodas, etc.

I've never had any problem just letting the front desk or housekeeping know I want their stuff cleared out. I usually get odd looks, but Bt20 takes care of that, too!

Then, I can stock it myself with whatever sodas, fruit or food that I want. Food for thought, and a hell of a lot cheaper than the snacks they'd leave for you!

Just an idea.

November 11th, 2008, 10:56
I've never had any problem just letting the front desk or housekeeping know I want their stuff cleared out. Is that only in Thailand or you've had success with that technique world-wide?

topjohn5
November 11th, 2008, 11:30
She (Gawd) doesn't leave enough room in the minibar. But not to be outdone by the big she-bitch I just take out a few of the hallowed phials and place them in full view on the shelf above and then fill it wiv me own crap!

Problem solved but make sure boy special only gets to drink outta da fridge!

Good idea! Thanks!

topjohn5
November 11th, 2008, 11:32
Even when I did drink booze I was selective about what brands I drank, and now that I don't I don't want it taking up precious space - nor do I want their overpriced sodas, etc.

I've never had any problem just letting the front desk or housekeeping know I want their stuff cleared out. I usually get odd looks, but Bt20 takes care of that, too!

Then, I can stock it myself with whatever sodas, fruit or food that I want. Food for thought, and a hell of a lot cheaper than the snacks they'd leave for you!

Just an idea.

Better Idea......but maybe doesnt work someplaces in the world (doubt many places in thailand have them) that have the type of minibars that charge you when you remove the items......

danny99
November 11th, 2008, 13:30
hello, does anyone know how much a deluxe room cost nowadays at Pinnacle hotel (trough Jimmy)?

thnks

I am sick of trying to deal through Jimmy. He never answers emails, you have to queue for 30mins+ just to see him when you are there, and have to pay in cash.

I have just booked for 9 night at Pinnacle over Christmas @ $US42 per night, incl. breakfast using Agoda for the first time [www.agoda.com]. I receive an immediate same day acceptance, used my credit card so get further FF points from the transaction, and under their unique system I now have a future $US22 credit to apply against any future booking with them.

Furthermore Jimmy's floor is one of the older non-refurbished ones.

topjohn5
November 11th, 2008, 13:59

thnks

I am sick of trying to deal through Jimmy. He never answers emails, you have to queue for 30mins+ just to see him when you are there, and have to pay in cash.

I have just booked for 9 night at Pinnacle over Christmas @ $US42 per night, incl. breakfast using Agoda for the first time [www.agoda.com]. I receive an immediate same day acceptance, used my credit card so get further FF points from the transaction, and under their unique system I now have a future $US22 credit to apply against any future booking with them.

Wow, a 30 minute wait all day long.....guess I now know why he doesn't answer his email.....must be a very big floor also for so many customers!

danny99
November 11th, 2008, 14:15

thnks

Wow, a 30 minute wait all day long.....guess I now know why he doesn't answer his email.....must be a very big floor also for so many customers!

His room is such a mess, he never seems to be able to find the paper he is looking for, plus always on the telephone. Usually one set of people sit on his bed, another stand inside the door, with the rest outside in the hall....very professional.

Wesley
November 11th, 2008, 14:16
I stay at the Pinnacle every vist for me to Bangkok, to proximity to the Babylon baths are just to irresistable to not take a day light tour. Have fun Topjohn. I did not check but a friend of mine did when I was thereand said it was about 50 USD a day there now. I assume that is about right.

All the best

Wesley

bao-bao
November 11th, 2008, 20:51
I've never had any problem just letting the front desk or housekeeping know I want their stuff cleared out. Is that only in Thailand or you've had success with that technique world-wide?

I haven't been fortunate enough to have traveled extensively, but it's worked everywhere I've been so far. I've never had them say "sorry, just deal with it".

I may have to contest an ugly mini-bar bill at check-out some day... but not thus far. :cheers:

Dick
November 12th, 2008, 02:48
I've only stayed there the once. First and last time although Wowpow use to swear by it.

I would proffer the following advice to first time visitiors:
Upon unlocking the door to your room, first turn on the lights whilst standing in the corridor, and wait 5 seconds. Then go in.
That gives the critters time to scurry out of the light into their hiding places, and you'll be blissfully unaware.
But do check the pillows on the bed before you retire, just to make sure none of them are hiding underneath.

I hate cockroaches!

February 23rd, 2009, 00:51
Has anyone recently booked or stayed at the Pinnacle?

I sent an email to Jimmy over five days ago and followed up with a few more and have not heard back.

I called and spoke to him in person and he said he was going to email me back but that was three days ago.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had booked or heard from him and has had a similar experience.

I guess I'll try calling him again in a few hours.

yaraboy
February 23rd, 2009, 11:50
I stay at Pinnacle about 6 times a year (never more than 4 days) Jimmy rarely replys but then has never screwed up a booking I usually send a EMail just before arrival giving arrival and departure times which he needs. I am concerned that the price keeps going up and apart from a new lobby nothing changes. Invariably there is something wrong with my room and I get the Deluxe. Could be looking for a new hotel soon!