PDA

View Full Version : Coffeshop at Malaysia Hotel Bangkok

November 9th, 2008, 19:58
Stayed in the Malaysia Hotel last weekend. First time I stay here and the hotel and it's reception staff is very nice and easy to bring in guests, BUT, be carefull with the coffeshop. I had stayed 3 weeks in Phuket before and not have any problems with my stomach. First evening in Bangkok I eat in the coffeshop and then I could feel my stomach was a little bit upset that night. Didn't think so much about, but my second evening I met a very nice guy in DJ Station. We went to my hotel and before we were going up to my room we decided to have something to eat (this is around 3 am in the morning) We had some noodlesoap in the coffeshop. Suddenly my friend cries out, he find a tissue in his soap. The waitress didn't took much notice, just bring it out to to kitchen. When I told here I was not going to pay for the food she insisted I should pay for my soap!!!!!! My friend told here something in thai and told me we could leave. In the night my stomach was really upset, even thou I hadn't eat much of the soap before the "accident" happened.

PS Fortunately it took some hours before my stomach "protested" about the noodlesoap so I had a very nice time with my friend, and he was deep asleep as thaiboys normally are when my problems started. In the morning I was ok again he hadn't noticed anything.

So, the hotel is nice and good value for money I would say but I dont think i will eat in the coffeshop again!

November 9th, 2008, 21:55
I have stayed there many times in the last 10 years and have never had any problems with the food and drink.
It may well be that you had a one-off experience. Nevertheles I am sorry you had the problem.

Anyway I shall be staying there for 5 days as usual in December

TrongpaiExpat
November 9th, 2008, 22:12
It's just as possible that you picked up a gastro-intestinal virus long before the soup and just happen to hit you that night. No way to really tell, unless you took the soup to a lab and had it cultured and tested and I am sure no one does that. So, my point is why post a report on it?

I would rather hear what you did with the boy from DJ or where you went and what you did on your trip to Thailand.

Uranus
November 9th, 2008, 22:24
I would not recommend eating soap anywhere!

November 9th, 2008, 22:51
It's just as possible that you picked up a gastro-intestinal virus long before the soup and just happen to hit you that night. No way to really tell.... So, my point is why post a report on it?

Your "point" is not only wrong, but pointless. It is far more likely (though not proven) that the relatively minor problems Clipper had were due to Staphylococcus from soup which was obviously contaminated, and relatively fast-acting and minor, rather than any "gastro-intestinal virus" resulting from Salmonella or Botulinum which you apparently refer to. His point was valid, very fairly made, and a balanced comment from personal experience - a pity that you seldom apply the same criteria to your posts.

kittyboy
November 9th, 2008, 23:10
It's just as possible that you picked up a gastro-intestinal virus long before the soup and just happen to hit you that night. No way to really tell.... So, my point is why post a report on it?

Your "point" is not only wrong, but pointless. It is far more likely (though not proven) that the relatively minor problems Clipper had were due to Staphylococcus from soup which was obviously contaminated, and relatively fast-acting and minor, rather than any "gastro-intestinal virus" resulting from Salmonella or Botulinum which you apparently refer to. His point was valid, very fairly made, and a balanced comment from personal experience - a pity that you seldom apply the same criteria to your posts.

You are so damn impressive GF - You are a trained social scientist capable of offering insightful analysis of papers exploring gay and lesbian identity(as evidenced by your posts in a previous thread), a shop keeper and now a trained physician specializing in GI tract disorders. I suggest your own TV show ala the American Drama House, where you demonstrate your superior diagnostic skills to save others from certain death. Damn... you soooo smart.

kittyboy
November 9th, 2008, 23:27
Stayed in the Malaysia Hotel last weekend. First time I stay here and the hotel and it's reception staff is very nice and easy to bring in guests, BUT, be carefull with the coffeshop. I had stayed 3 weeks in Phuket before and not have any problems with my stomach. First evening in Bangkok I eat in the coffeshop and then I could feel my stomach was a little bit upset that night. Didn't think so much about, but my second evening I met a very nice guy in DJ Station. We went to my hotel and before we were going up to my room we decided to have something to eat (this is around 3 am in the morning) We had some noodlesoap in the coffeshop. Suddenly my friend cries out, he find a tissue in his soap. The waitress didn't took much notice, just bring it out to to kitchen. When I told here I was not going to pay for the food she insisted I should pay for my soap!!!!!! My friend told here something in thai and told me we could leave. In the night my stomach was really upset, even thou I hadn't eat much of the soap before the "accident" happened.

PS Fortunately it took some hours before my stomach "protested" about the noodlesoap so I had a very nice time with my friend, and he was deep asleep as thaiboys normally are when my problems started. In the morning I was ok again he hadn't noticed anything.

So, the hotel is nice and good value for money I would say but I dont think i will eat in the coffeshop again!

I have also stayed at the Malaysia hotel quite a few times over the years. I have never had any problems but who knows maybe you got a bad batch of soup broth. Part of the reason I like staying at the Malaysia is the coffee shop. If I am suffering from jet lag it is always interesting to go down to the coffee shop at the odd hour and check out the boys trying to pick someone up.

Mark

November 9th, 2008, 23:28
Damn... you soooo smart.

Speed up with the tea trolley, Pissyboy.

November 9th, 2008, 23:53

You are so damn impressive GF - You are a trained social scientist capable of offering insightful analysis of papers exploring gay and lesbian identity(as evidenced by your posts in a previous thread), a shop keeper and now a trained physician specializing in GI tract disorders. I suggest your own TV show ala the American Drama House, where you demonstrate your superior diagnostic skills to save others from certain death. Damn... you soooo smart.

I'm not sure he's so smart, Kitty. The truly erudite are seldom so abrasive and tend to refrain from belittling others. I guess that is one way to distinguish the knowledgeable from the wise.

November 9th, 2008, 23:57
almost 20 years staying there - never had a problem.

kittyboy
November 10th, 2008, 00:55
Damn... you soooo smart.

Speed up with the tea trolley, Pissyboy.

That is not a very smart reply. Damn... I want your usual point by point rebuttal. I am disapointed in you.

November 10th, 2008, 01:39
Wow this is fantastic, i will never consult a doctor again, just describe my sympthoms here and will be told whats wrong with me !!!!!

Anyway, fact is, there was a tissue in my friends soap, that suggests something is not correct in the kitchen, no matter how my stomach behaved afterwards. The staff was not very helpfull to solve the problem. They didn't offer any compensation and they wanted me to pay for the meal. I think thats is reason good as any to mention it here. Isn't that the whole idea of having a forum that we share our experiences, bad or good?

By the way, my straight friends often tells me how friendly the gayworld seems to be, with friends everywhere and the good atmosphere in any gayplace. Well, obviously they never looked in this forum, it took aorund 2 replies and then the first stone was thrown again ????!!!!

November 10th, 2008, 01:54
SOUP

November 10th, 2008, 03:18
You are so damn impressive GF I've always assumed Hedda (aka. Gone Fishing) was a doctor
The truly erudite are seldom so abrasive and tend to refrain from belittling othersAnd on what are you basing this extraordinary generalisation - not a staff common room at a university, I'll bet?

November 10th, 2008, 03:32
You are so damn impressive GF I've always assumed Hedda (aka. Gone Fishing) was a doctor
The truly erudite are seldom so abrasive and tend to refrain from belittling othersAnd on what are you basing this extraordinary generalisation - not a staff common room at a university, I'll bet?

Ye think?

dab69
November 10th, 2008, 05:36
just thinking what you might get from one of the late night boys there.

TrongpaiExpat
November 10th, 2008, 12:11

Hedda was a lawyer, isn't that obvious? GF is a troll that is best ignored or just don't respond to him. I don't think Hedda=GF.

November 10th, 2008, 12:16
GF is a troll that is best ignored GF is on my {Ignore} list - I was responding to kittyboy

giggsy
November 10th, 2008, 21:39
Was it chicken noodle soup? if it was then perhaps the last thing to use the tissue was the chicken!! oh my god that means it had bird flu!!!

and a little known fact is that the Malaysia hotel used to be the local abattoir. I stayed there once. The view was offal, just offal

November 11th, 2008, 00:10
I've always assumed Hedda (aka. Gone Fishing) was a doctor
Doctor of Proctology?

Well spotted, cnx4shan! As I have said, when asked I always used to say I was a forensic proctologist; there are enough specimens and case studies here alone to tie up the scientific community for years!

... and Clipper, finding a tissue in your soup in a hotel often used by those posting here was a perfectly good reason to post about it here and TE's post was, as usual, totally unnecessary.

Offally good comment, giggsy!

giggsy
November 11th, 2008, 03:16
SOAP not soup Yes maybe the chicken forgot to use the soap after blowing his beak

i was reading between the lines. i presume he meant soup.why would the waiter bring him soap?made out of noodles of all things?
now clipper has joined our board thats 3 people i cant understand 1. clipper - swedish 2.baziel - belgian 3. gra45 - whats your excuse?

markie1
November 11th, 2008, 03:51
You sure it was a tissue and not a tampon they might of thought you were a CUNT!!!!!!! just a joke LOL

LOLL that did make me laugh :bounce:

Dick
November 12th, 2008, 02:38
What I find surprising is that so many have admitted to actually staying at the Malaysia!
The risk of catching a sticky-shit stigma is surely the greater risk than any tummy upset.

November 12th, 2008, 02:42
What I find surprising is that so many have admitted to actually staying at the Malaysia! The risk of catching a sticky-shit stigma is surely the greater risk than any tummy upset.Given the numbers who admit to going to Pattaya, the stigma of staying at the Malaysia pales into insignificance

Dick
November 12th, 2008, 02:50
Given the numbers who admit to going to Pattaya, the stigma of staying at the Malaysia pales into insignificance
Indeed... Can you believe it? Some actually live there

November 12th, 2008, 07:03
Indeed... Can you believe it? Some actually live thereAnd you only have to read the cat fights that go on (eg. the "Guest house for sale" thread) to know that it rots their brains

Dick
November 12th, 2008, 07:15
And you only have to read the cat fights that go on (eg. the "Guest house for sale" thread) to know that it rots their brains
It's enough to turn one's stomach!

November 12th, 2008, 07:48
It's enough to turn one's stomach!Look what it's done to George's sense of humour!