Situated in
Soi Yensabai
South Pattaya.
A Great Life Style opportunity
Easily run by 2 people
Investment returned in the first year
8 Rooms: 5 Large and 3 small.
All rooms fully furnished
Including Air conditioned Caf├й/ Bar on the ground floor with seating out side.
Has 2.2 years on lease to run with right of renewal
Books available to serious purchases only.
For further information Email to

Email to guesthouse497@gmail.com
[b]

November 9th, 2008, 18:47
I am guessing this is Two Guys and if so I am sorry to see it go.

jolyjacktar
November 9th, 2008, 21:41
Very interesting, as ive booked to stay there quite soon. I will have to see how things pan out with this thread.

November 11th, 2008, 08:13
Even thou the Guest House is up for sale all current bookings will be secure.
Any one that has any concerns about there bookings should email me at
twoguysguesthouse@hotmail.com

Stewart.

November 11th, 2008, 08:34
... certain the capital investment would be returned in the first year as it's only got 2.2 years of the lease to run

November 11th, 2008, 10:04
... certain the capital investment would be returned in the first year as it's only got 2.2 years of the lease to run

A visit to the optician is obviously in need Hommie, otherwise you would have noticed that what has also been said by the OP, is the following: Has 2.2 years on lease to run with right of renewal.

Cheers,

George.

November 11th, 2008, 10:24
Anyone buying should also go ahead and secure a renewal now as 2 years would not be enough to recoup your investment.

November 11th, 2008, 10:51
A visit to the optician is obviously in need Hommie, otherwise you would have noticed that what has also been said by the OP, is the following: Has 2.2 years on lease to run with right of renewal. I'm wearing my accountant's hat there George; rights of renewal are irrelevant when working out that sort of thing in my experience

November 11th, 2008, 11:30
So Imagine your just about to retire, you have no idea what you want to do with what could be the best Part of your life, a bit of money in the Bank, still very active and want a complete change, to meet and make many fabulous new friends and enjoy life to the full, here is the answer.

This is a wonderful small Business venture, you could run on your own if you want to, if your looking to just make a living for a couple who want to just watch the world go by and meet so many Interesting people from around the world offering there Informed Interests of the local area and world affairs, you will have an amazing life running this business , plenty of time to wonder around town to see what's happening then go back to see who is around at your very own Guest House, what more could you want, may be more bedrooms which of course brings more work, so you can upgrade to larger premises when you have felt your feet, here you just slowly swim along as if your on a raft cruising down a river watching life go by.

Just work it out, I know for sure this Business is full 85% of the time, totally full in high season with way to many bookings to accommodate, so the room rates are usually around 600 baht a night, unless you are on one of the budget screams available for Teachers and regulars. So lets be kind and say the average takings are 500 a night per room, this is not including (plus drinks in the Bar) Obviously if your a dab hand in the kitchen as the previous talented Owner was, this also will increase your takings, after dark say 7pm use the ground floor as a Bistro, so many ways to Increase your profit margins if you want to.

Stewart I know only likes the easy life, that is to concentrate on the rooms, a few drinks and breakfast. so we will say an average of 500 baht a night per room X 8 Rooms 4000 a night, = 1,466,000 baht a year, with his occupancy rate of a wonderful 85% you have 1,241,000 baht a year Income, nearly 103,416 baht a month, or 4,397.02 Aus or 1,888.87 GBP minimum income with out above extras.

I know stewarts circumstances have changes and would like to now concentrate of other commitments, so go for it, dont wait for some one else to do it for you, dont worry about the recession, this business is not affected, unless you are an utter bore.

If you cant make a living from this, go and work stacking shelves in Boots in Perth? any one can work there for peanuts, then live off your small pension if you mix with the right people. to help suppliment it.

Good luck !

I'm sure the out goings are minimal especially if you and your partner run it your self, so at the very least you will be able to enjoy live to the full not ever be bored and live in thailand with many new amazing friends. and if your good with money make a nice profit also.

November 11th, 2008, 11:43
I'm sure the out goings are minimal especially if you and your partner run it your self, so at the very least you will be able to enjoy live to the full not ever be bored and live in thailand with many new amazing friends. and if your good with money make a nice profit also.You've persuaded me. I think you should rush out and buy it for me straight away (with your own money). I'll fax you a cheque in reimbursement

November 11th, 2008, 11:51
Quote "I'm sure the out goings are minimal, especially if you and your partner run it your self,"end quote

I'm sure the out goings are minimal especially if you and your partner run it your self, so at the very least you will be able to enjoy live to the full not ever be bored and live in thailand with many new amazing friends. and if your good with money make a nice profit also.You've persuaded me. I think you should rush out and buy it for me straight away (with your own money). I'll fax you a cheque in reimbursement

Wow homintern, is this an offer of a Civil Parnership, I am flattered, a little bit? I have a look in an old Ball Gown to see if I have anything spare, after having to take so many to Court this year :blackeye: ?

November 11th, 2008, 11:58
Wow homintern, is this an offer of a Civil Parnership?If you're comfortable sharing me with Lunchtime O'Booze I'm sure things will be just peachy

November 11th, 2008, 12:12
There is 3 in this marriage?

Oh dear and I thought you was a Virgin, I'm sorry ill have to decline, I only like to have my men one at a time and not you two fighting over who is going to take it first,............... the hair brush I mean ?

November 11th, 2008, 12:16
I'm sorry ill have to declineThat shouldn't stop you buying the guest-house since you think it's such a good investment. Perhaps Ron would go halves with you?

MARK
November 11th, 2008, 12:20
Not to be a stick in the mud, but how many times has this business changed hands in the last 5 years.
Whot about Thai staff to run the business, even a retired ex pat cannot legaly run a business here.
Work permits and Thai companys cost a small fortune.
By all means we should be able to sell on our business but lets make sure that any buyer has all the faxs when buying a business here in Thailand so thay can stay and make a good long lasting business.

November 11th, 2008, 13:29
MARK says, Quote :- " how many times has this business changed hands in the last 5 years.
Whot about Thai staff to run the business, even a retired ex pat cannot legally run a business here". End

Yes normally this is true but in this case as most things in Thailand and with many Bars and business with farang involvement there is ways around it, take the previous owner, as long as you are only there to be a consultant and tell the staff what to do, you can have it in the Managers Thai name, the lease in yours, and even the drinks license in your mamasams name as I know happens with a Bar like your???

As for the length of time this Guest House has had owners and how many I can easily answer that, in the last 5 years only one other and he only left to pursue one of his dreams owning a entertainment restaurant, and I believe that is about to sell if the buyer come up with the money.

Go on contact this owner, he is one of the nicest guys you could meet as many people are who come from New Zealand?
twoguysguesthouse AT hotmail.com . dont worry the previous owner will show you how to run this business, so you can over come all the pit falls.

November 11th, 2008, 14:25
with his occupancy rate of a wonderful 85% you have 1,241,000 baht a year Income,

Have you factored into those figures those who stay for a long time and then do a runner without paying?

Dboy
November 11th, 2008, 14:32
Not to be a stick in the mud, but how many times has this business changed hands in the last 5 years.

dboy

November 11th, 2008, 15:44
The idea of running a guest house is intriguing. But it is almost a 24/7 requirement and leaves little time to pursue other interests. From planning menues and ordering supplies, supervising cleaning staff and handling reservation request and making sure guest are taken care off the day can be very long. There is lot to be considered before investing here.

MARK
November 11th, 2008, 15:50

dboy

Dont think so work it out.

lonelywombat
November 11th, 2008, 16:03

Dont think so work it out.

Mark, I do not remember what is was before Monty's 2 years , but Stewart has had it for almost 2 years

How many owners has Krazy had in that time

If you want to throw shit be specific

MARK
November 11th, 2008, 16:20
Sorry dont recall throwing any SHIT, only asking a question.

Original owner 1
Monty 2
Stewart 3

AS for your question the Krazy Dragon has had 1 owner for the past 2 years 11 months.
As for the crazy pub I would not know the true answer to that as the person selling it was not the most honest person to deal with.

November 11th, 2008, 18:07
Sorry dont recall throwing any SHIT, only asking a question.

Original owner 1
Monty 2
Stewart 3

AS for your question the Krazy Dragon has had 1 owner for the past 2 years 11 months.
As for the crazy pub I would not know the true answer to that as the person selling it was not the most honest person to deal with.

Sorry MARK the original Owner still owns, this Guest House, but only lets out the lease, so still 1 owner as I said, apart from the owner now Stewart.

Fattman says:- "Rent, electricity, water, gas, taxes, stock, staff wages, repairs, license fees, contingencies, backhanders, etc can demolish profits very quickly".

Yes but in the case of this Guest House the rent, electric, water, gas, Tax and wages, are very Minimal, repairs and license fees, you will be amazed at how low, no backhanders as its a Guest House, why pay your doing nothing wrong, so all in all contact the seller and your be very please to purchase this wonderful business as your own, and no I have nothing to do with it I'm only telling you, as I see it from my own knowledge and information.

As for Crazy Dragon the name was sold in a deal to a German Drag Artist to include the Big Banana Bar, who never made a go of it, as per my advise to him, "get rid of the lady boys staff or they will get rid of you" they did, , and as for the Krazy Dragon, I had known Peter for 14 years and use to have fun at the start measuring the Stars of the Biggest Di?? in Pattaya contest, but as for previous to that, It was just a few shop houses, I remember his original Choice of venue was next a a Gay Bar past Soi Diamond off walking street, then a Half cast german took it over, but the area failed, I also remember when Peter started there was only the California Hotel opposite, now called INCHAT named after Miss Sunee, and all the rest of Sunee Plaza was in complete darkness,, apart from Super Queen now derelict.

Oh yes and a few odd people who were share holders for a while, even though they spent most of the time trying to get their share. The Marina Hotel had a share holder from Belgium, but I think he lots his Pants when Peter passed away, then you had the Pool Bar, where Peter was about the win he told me the night before his Death 1.5 million baht, in damages and non payment in rent, he said he was suing in total for 2 million baht, so I wonder who Is going to pursue that claim, in the courts?

November 11th, 2008, 20:54
Did anyone mention the option to use extra rooms next door or the possibilities to increase revenue by doing something downstairs after 8pm ?

November 11th, 2008, 21:29
[quote="Bung Kum"]this is not including (plus drinks in the Bar) Obviously if your a dab hand in the kitchen as the previous talented Owner was, this also will increase your takings, after dark say 7pm use the ground floor as a Bistro, so many ways to Increase your profit margins if you want to.

If you cant make a living from this, go and work stacking shelves in Boots in Perth? any one can work there for peanuts, then live off your small pension if you mix with the right people. to help suppliment it.

Good luck !end of quote.

Yes Oogleman as above they did mention this. as above

November 12th, 2008, 20:06
Bung Kum seems very keen on this business, so the question must be, why doesn't Bung Kum buy it and run it if its such a great idea?

No Fattman I have had a business most of my working life, now is time to take it easy, as I have been told you do !!!even though if I did run a business in my retirement, this is what I would do, Now you can see why I am so enthusiastic about this deal cheap easy to run happy feeling about the place, so go make him an offer, give him a call? on :-

twoguysguesthouse AT hotmail.com

Brad the Impala
November 12th, 2008, 21:55
Bung Kum seems very keen on this business, so the question must be, why doesn't Bung Kum buy it and run it if its such a great idea?

No Fattman I have had a business most of my working life, now is time to take it easy, as I have been told you do !!!even though if I did run a business in my retirement, this is what I would do, Now you can see why I am so enthusiastic about this deal cheap easy to run happy feeling about the place, so go make him an offer, give him a call? on :-

Bungkum,

You sound very experienced in this field. How would you deal with customers leaving without paying their bills? Do you have any experience in that area?

November 12th, 2008, 22:45
[quote=fattman]Bung Kum seems very keen on this business, so the question must be, why doesn't Bung Kum buy it and run it if its such a great idea?

Bungkum,

You sound very experienced in this field. How would you deal with customers leaving without paying their bills? Do you have any experience in that area?[/quote:3rpi1veh]

Upfront payments ?

November 13th, 2008, 10:32
[quote=fattman]Bung Kum seems very keen on this business, so the question must be, why doesn't Bung Kum buy it and run it if its such a great idea?

Bungkum,

You sound very experienced in this field. How would you deal with customers leaving without paying their bills? Do you have any experience in that area?[/quote:168j61ao]

That's easy, having been in the Hotel trade all my life and owning a few in my time, most disagreements are through misunderstandings and breaking agreements i.e) I was told you had a big car park, I'm stopping money as I have to Park in the street was a good one, 2) Their was a fly in my soup, why have you charged me, may be because you had drunk it all and meat is expensive.... or the best one was in a Hotel I have heard of, you wont believe this, your Room rate is confirmed at X.XX.... but when you get the bill your charged for electric and water. .

see what others say?
http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... topic=3084 (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3084)

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic3538.ht ... f49aa24bee (http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic3538.html?sid=5ba42f7aa407b04cfca722f49aa24be e)

What would you do, Pay for it or not?

I dont think so?

Dont believe all the loss of face hype some people put out as gossip, some of us dont need to be drunk to function or not pay bills fortunatly especially if your well known, unless you had a good reason just work it out ?
:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

andrewcraig
November 13th, 2008, 13:06
I give up what is he trying to say

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 13th, 2008, 17:11

Bungkum,

You sound very experienced in this field. How would you deal with customers leaving without paying their bills? Do you have any experience in that area?[/quote:1fxb1juk]

My informant diguised as a palm tree in the foyer tell me this has never happened but there was a dispute over one long term resident's account as it added on charges for electricity and utilities which anyone with experience knows is not something you pay in a guest house.

Mind you it didn't stop every bored silly queen telling and re-telling the story as though it was equal to the "original sin" (whatever that was) and exagerating at each telling of the great non-story ? People were actually seen frothing at the mouth all over Sunnee Plaza including one of the most offending gossipers and restaurant owners who sadly had to flee town himself not long ago after an unfortunate misunderstanding betwen he, a lad and the BIB. Some call it Karma.

Clearly you wouldn't be in the ranks of those, so does that answer your query ?

November 14th, 2008, 01:48
People were actually seen frothing at the mouth all over Sunnee Plaza ...That sounds like Chao Na - did someone mention paedophiles?

catawampuscat
November 14th, 2008, 10:24
Why are fellow posters asking Bung Kum about farangs not paying their room rents?
It is almost as if they think he might have experiences with this method of reducing
ones expenses and living off the kindness of others.
We should be more welcoming to Bung Kum, after all he is a newbie, isn't he?

Seems like O'Booze has found a new friend and maybe a ghost from the past has
resurfaced. Since our new friend BK can spell and write well, he can't possibly be
who I think but damn, I am so suspicious sometimes...
sorry Bung for my suspicious nature and perhaps an attack on this old Cat will prove
my hunch.. Meanwhile, welcome aboard and perhaps some thoughts on the tallest
condo in the world as the best buying opportunity of a lifetime might be timely... :cat:

Diec
November 14th, 2008, 14:31
This story reminds me of my dear friends, Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethyl. They were looking for a business to buy and they decided on a diner. After all, Ricky had the name and Fred had the know how. The man who sold it to them assured he had a loyal following. After about a week, my friends got into an argument about who was to work the front and who was to work the back of the house. It turns out they were not able to make a go of it., as the business was just not there. When the original owner stopped in to see how things were going, my friends decided to sell it back to him for a loss. When asked how the original owner made a profit, he exclaimed that he makes his money selling a business to people who want to go into business for themselves but have no idea how to run a business. He buys the business back and keeps the difference.

I think there is a lesson to be learned from this story.

November 14th, 2008, 19:22
Why are fellow posters asking Bung Kum about farangs not paying their room rents?
It is almost as if they think he might have experiences with this method of reducing

resurfaced. Since our new friend BK can spell and write well, he can't possibly be
sorry Bung for my suspicious nature and perhaps an attack on this old Cat will prove
condo in the world as the best buying opportunity of a lifetime might be timely... :cat:

Its funny since I have joined here, I have Pms and been accused of only being posters who are Popular for being unpopular, I know I have a certain writing Style, but surely I'm not all those different Guys.

Thank you for being nice Cat, even though it would seem to be a left handed complement, I have been reading about you on here for some time, I love your writing style and observations, even though some times they wind posters up, but its dull with out a bit of a wind up, dont you think? I did not expect to have you write about me so soon. I am honored, next it will be the other Super Stars of the boards, who I think dont write on here, Hedda and LMTU. to name a few?

Sorry I will only admit to being some one who is nice. at least no one has called me "Big Boy Fats" or what ever his name was.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 14th, 2008, 22:38

Isn't it best to let sleeping dogs lie and lieing dogs sleep ? I obviously slipped into a psychotic state and crudely perceived some where trying to repreive a silly tale that should have died a natural death by now, a bit like the racoon I once saw someone in the Corner Bar wearing as a fancy hat.

I think the chap who started the thread is trying to sell a nice little business that he's built up having rid the place of all it's ghastlliness as well as that ghostly old drunk who inhabited the joint, so let's not relive tired old tales that were as tall as the tallest tower in Jomtien (is apparently to be).

you must do something for that tendency to hover excitedly over the keypad with trembling fingers that hit the 'send' button twice , anxious your "hunch"may be proven correct..for if it were..what would it profit a Cat ?

lunches and hunches and gossip is what life is all about..in Pattaya. For some. Sadly.:bootyshake:

catawampuscat
November 14th, 2008, 23:01
Obooze, don't take it so seriously.. I am just having a little fun and it seemed to me that
a couple of other posters were hinting at the possibility of a return of your soul mate..

I didn't bring up Monty or cast aspersions at him as to his personal habits and the ancient
issue of the money due was also brought up by others. Frankly, it is boring old stuff and
it appears to this poster that some people are still beating a dead horse and rehashing
all this old gossip and nonsense. It serves me right for putting in my two baht but I couldn't resist..

The Monty bashing is why some posters think the dead horse beater has returned and is still at it and
O'Booze is still playing defense for him.. I really don't care and will not continue this as I
am sure it will bring out the worst in some posters who haven't kicked the cat in a while..
R.I.P. :cat:

November 15th, 2008, 00:45
Hello punters....Hime here and a new contributor to this delightful board. I am living in Goteburg at the moment but will come to Thailand soon on holiday. :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
I am very confused as I am sure a lot of people must be about all the diversions in this thread.
One minute you have all these ,I suppose,lovely people ++Lunchtime, Bung Kum, and Catawampus and is it Homintern in the wings saying all these controversial things.....like
Lunchtime___Suggesting in his pyschotic state that"Lying Dogs Should Sleep" Is this in reference to Bung Kum? Please say Hi to the Palm Tree.
Mr Bung Kum___Why do you keep having these PMS ( Pre Menstrual Stresses) of people suggesting that you are "Mr Popular" and my goodness ___Super Star of the boards...when comparing yourself to ,I think his name was LMTU. That must be an honor and very hard act to follow particuarly as that guy seemed to be a constant shit stirrer and what would seem to be a compulsive lier. Maybe LMTU can answer that!!! Anyway congratulations on that wonderful honour. I am sure that congratulations are in order.
Montys Maybe someone can enlighten us on this apparent nonsense which seems to be some red herring. Whats the Gaff ?.

Cat____you are sticky sweet. Obviously the therapist worked!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

November 15th, 2008, 00:45
I have come to this thread late and read it with interest and amusement. Its started with an ordinary ad for a guest house well known to all who enjoy Sunee and Boys town. Crucially missing, and not referred to anywhere is what the actual price will be. As usual, the add was written with phrases designed to put the place in the best possible light but really all it is is a cheap, perhaps reasonably pleasant place to stay if you werent too worried about location but were more concerned with the ease with which you could take back overnight guests.
I suspect that old hands on the board decided to give the thread a miss because its gets boring to keep on about the stupidity of managing a business as a farang in pattaya that relies on the gay scene in an economic downturn in a city that is becoming increasingly unpopular and is presumably the reason for the business being up for sale in the first place.
Nonetheless, a few regulars with too much time on their hands decided to get on board and the usual hissy fits result. Then along comes something called Bunk Kum or Cum Bung who clearly is not only a first rate financier with Lehman brothers or AIG but also a writer for Disney films, and using such skills decides to suggest that if you didnt take up this offer immediately and become a wealthy member of the pattaya gay business community, you must be deranged.
At this point, those who didnt fancy being a gay business owner, whose chief qualifications as far as I can see is a willingness to lose huge amounts of money, be on the run from more discerning authorities in the developed world or just simply be as gullible as its possible to be, decided to stop reading. This had the advantage of allowing the thread to be once more home to those board members who have nothing better to do than run riot with bitter tongue, feeble brain and pleasantly pharmaceuticaled mind set.

November 15th, 2008, 00:50
Hi Lester,
Hows things? Hope to see you very soon in our favourite establishment!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

November 15th, 2008, 02:27
... as well as that ghostly old drunk who inhabited the jointSelf-promotion again, Doris?!

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 15th, 2008, 06:58
... as well as that ghostly old drunk who inhabited the jointSelf-promotion again, Doris?!
why oh why do you get everything wrong ?. Ghostly old drunk yes..but never inhabitated the place.

That was quite a mouthful of a post Lester, presumably done when you had some time on your hands.

some aspects of it I would query, such as the reference to the advert. My many years surrounded by those in the psychopathic world of advertising lead me to believe one should always accentuate the positive in an advertisment so in that sense-all advertising is lies.

I'm not too sure with whom though, Pattaya is becoming "increasingly unpopular" although there is no doubt an economic downturn (caused elsewhere and not being one to point fingers at the guilty, like US hedge fund managers etc, I won't.) You are right to mention names like Lehmann Bros etc as they are the reason everyone of us taxpayers around the world will be paying lots and lots more which puts into perspective the petty squabbles of some in Pattaya who wish to re-visit the past....

so we all suffer acccordingly yet there are plans afoot for a massive surge in tourists from Russia who may yet save the day ( much to the chagrin of the readers of Pattaya News who believe all Slavic races are engaged in prostitution which would be odd as the term "coals to Newcastle etc" would surely be apt ). Ceratainly the much loved Wesley ran riot and had heaps of fun whilst in town recently and there are plans to attach a Blue Plaque to the many businesses he frequented and it seems the eloquent gra45 is soon to spend his Aussie dollars so all is not lost !

I myself have witnessed many wealthy gay entrepreneurs who seem to have made a bundle in Pattaya or elswhere in Thailand although admittedly I can't guarantee the source of their wealth..they could be bank robbers for all I know or former pyramid scheme operators like the Pattaya restaurant owner who recently fled town even whilst the BIB were kocking on the door, ( but apparently he had experience in quick flight from authorities.)

The only bitterness I run with, nay stumble, is a gin, tonic and bitters..and it does lead to a certain but pleasant feebleness relieved ocassionally with the odd pharmaceutical valium to soothe and settle my mind. If only I could run wild, physically !

November 15th, 2008, 07:24
....everyone of us taxpayers ... To quote a recent correspondent of mine "Who pays tax?"

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 15th, 2008, 07:48
....everyone of us taxpayers ... To quote a recent correspondent of mine "Who pays tax?"

as usual I got it wrong as the taxman always wins..sales tax ! (always gets you in the end) and is purposely designed to fool tax avoiders like, well not me !

I did note that in gra45 homage to those imbibed with "niceness", your name was inexplicably missing Homintern !

This is a great shame and oversight as I always tell anyone I meet ( any drunk stumbling along the soi) that Homintern is flushed with the milk of human kindness.

Admittedly that milk soured and curdled many years ago, but isn't it annoying to be left off a list ? It's like those "in' and "out" lists each year , popular with the tabloids and everyone prays they will be on either..doesn't matter which as long as they are included.

it's social suicide to be ignored.

November 15th, 2008, 08:02
I did note that in gra45 homage to those imbibed with "niceness", your name was inexplicably missing Homintern !Maybe he's sensed (correctly) that he's on my {Ignore} list

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 15th, 2008, 16:19
speaking of personal attacks ..I didn't realise Homintern had already had his funeral.

Typical..he never invites me to the fun parties.

lonelywombat
November 15th, 2008, 16:47
speaking of personal attacks ..I didn't realise Homintern had already had his funeral.

Typical..he never invites me to the fun parties.

Maybe he did a runner like Billyboi did on his farewell function

November 15th, 2008, 18:26
[quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":2nf4zi98]... as well as that ghostly old drunk who inhabited the jointSelf-promotion again, Doris?!
why oh why do you get everything wrong ?. Ghostly old drunk yes..but never inhabitated the place.![/quote:2nf4zi98]

O'B Question :- Black

R.R Answers :- Red

I'm not too sure with whom though, Pattaya is becoming "increasingly unpopular" although there is no doubt an economic downturn (caused elsewhere and not being one to point fingers at the guilty, like US hedge fund managers etc, I won't.) You are right to mention names like Lehmann Bros etc as they are the reason everyone of us taxpayers around the world will be paying lots and lots more which puts into perspective the petty squabbles of some in Pattaya who wish to re-visit the past....

I dont think Pattaya is getting unpopular all the faangs who live around my Soi are still comeing back for the high season and many people I know, are coming and looking forward to there being just a few less people, wih the down turn in money around the world, Vacations are always the last thing to go in a down turn and this year will not be any different, I hope there is not so many, as it gets to crowded in high season, even though give it 2 years, it will bounce back it always dose.

So we all suffer acccordingly yet there are plans afoot for a massive surge in tourists from Russia who may yet save the day ( much to the chagrin of the readers of Pattaya News who believe all Slavic races are engaged in prostitution which would be odd as the term "coals to Newcastle etc" would surely be apt ). Ceratainly the much loved Wesley ran riot and had heaps of fun whilst in town recently and there are plans to attach a Blue Plaque to the many businesses he frequented and it seems the eloquent gra45 is soon to spend his Aussie dollars so all is not lost !

Yes those Russians do not know gays exist, I remember going to Pattaya Water Park, in the showers, all Russian guys standing naked, chatting away, with the biggest hoses you an imagine, all ages and no sign of interest in each other or my sexy body, it was then I thought I would liven up the proceedings and started drying one of them, same as they were all doing to each other, he just let me do it, it got me even hornier so I had to leave with a semi-hard on and still they were not interested, what a strange way they carry on.

I myself have witnessed many wealthy gay entrepreneurs who seem to have made a bundle in Pattaya or elswhere in Thailand although admittedly I can't guarantee the source of their wealth..they could be bank robbers for all I know or former pyramid scheme operators like the Pattaya restaurant owner who recently fled town even whilst the BIB were kocking on the door, ( but apparently he had experience in quick flight from authorities.)

Is this the Guy you mentioned, who had to do a runner, he never had a restaurant, he only ate in them, but you did get his work right, its a shame he has fallen, as he was very generous with his ill gotten gains, http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 16321.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/where-s-rainwalker-t16321.html)

The only bitterness I run with, nay stumble, is a gin, tonic and bitters..and it does lead to a certain but pleasant feebleness relieved ocassionally with the odd pharmaceutical valium to soothe and settle my mind. If only I could run wild, physically

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 15th, 2008, 18:56
"I remember going to Pattaya Water Park, in the showers, all Russian guys standing naked, chatting away, with the biggest hoses you an imagine, "

this definitely needs further investigation. :cheers:

November 23rd, 2008, 19:04
DELETED

TrongpaiExpat
November 23rd, 2008, 20:41
Back on topic!!!

Two faces is a nice little GH offering

On topic but the topic is Two Guys guest house, not Two Faces, that's in Jomtiem.

November 25th, 2008, 11:34
john botting
Just testing to see if anyone was awake! You win first prize :geek:

As far as I know, when the previous owner had Monty's Guest House now 2 Guys, he use to get up in the morning chat to customers and then sleep again after about 11 a.m, then wake about 3 p,m, go shopping, then get ready a few meals, for the 5pm diner, then chat again, :lurk: as he was fearful of being caught working, being a farang, and no work permit, he would not even pick up a glass, he just talked and very good at talking he was to, so I dont know where you get the Idea you have to work hard all day, just be there for morning breakfast, afternoon diner, if you have it, and if your going to open as a Bistro in the evenings as well, other wise 5 pm front door is locked and guest let them selves in and out.

So in reality you could only be there mornings and afternoons for a short time, the rest is up to you where you go, the staff do the rest, Manager :kngt: and 1 cleaner/waiter, 3000 baht month, as the manager usually has the license in his name only. so all you need to be is a ghood chatter and listener :lurk:

So what a lovely Business this is, in the high season you will be spending most of your time looking for extra bedrooms around the area, as it is inundated with customers, then the whole year there is a steady stream of customers and full most weekends and weekday also in most cases. In reality it could do with the 16 rooms next door, but may be in time this will happen, when the owner wants to sell, he owns both buildings and then leases out 2 guys.

By the Way John Botting, I do hope your on the mend now, after your night Mare life and death Illness and operations, when you coming back to the land of Smiles for a vacation, I'm sure the bad thoughts are behind you now.

Be good to see you again, I'm sure many would agree. dont worry about those who dont. you can only please half the readers, half the time.

TOQ
November 25th, 2008, 15:38
"I think anyone who runs a business by chatting all day is not going to make much money, despite Bung Kum's persistent promotion of this wonderful business idea."

In this particular instance it does pay to sit and socialize with the guests. He provides information on things to do while in town and answers question. He is there if people want to just sit, relax and have a conversaion. Because he is there he also is able to keep an eye on what is going on.

In the late afternoon Stewart will sit out on the patio and have a drink with the guests of the BB or any of the locals that happen by. It is a relaxed friendly atmosphere and his attention to things is what keeps people coming back.

john

bigben
November 25th, 2008, 17:22
The White Elephant in this room at the moment is........

Why Oh Why would someone sell a money making venue in low season with High season right around the corner?

I realize that it is no ones business why he is selling but since this ad was posted on this forum which isn't the most polite forum, I am sure is isn't shocking that someone (Me) has to ask.

I'll get my coat.....

November 25th, 2008, 19:17
DELETED

November 26th, 2008, 10:17
I don't actually remember posting the sale price but like all sales, the price is negotiable, also you will be able to return your investment in the first year as the figures will show.
If any one is seriously interested in the sale price then by all means drop me an email or PM and i would be only too happy to show a genuine buyer the figures.

The landlord has strongly indicated that a further 3 year lease is possible.

It is true that the cafe/Bar is open from 8am to 7pm but that is my choice, as i have been there for most of the day chatting to customers taking care of bookings etc. There is certainly room to open later with dinners and drinks, in fact that does happen from time to time.

To answer another couple of questions.
The reason i wish to sell is just what John Botting said and that is i wish to return to NZ for period of time and Cho wants to come with me.
Then we plan to return to Thailand after a couple of years and settle in Nakhon Phanom ( North East Thailand) where we are building a House and resort.

twoguysguesthouse@hotmail.com
www.twoguysguesthouse.com (http://www.twoguysguesthouse.com)

Stewart

cottmann
November 26th, 2008, 11:09
It is true that the cafe/Bar is open from 8am to 7pm but that is my choice, as i have been there for most of the day chatting to customers taking care of bookings etc. There is certainly room to open later with dinners and drinks, in fact that does happen from time to time. ....Stewart

Actually, I think that 7 pm is flexible, as I've sat outside with Stewart drinking the house gin-and-tonic till quite late.

bigben
November 26th, 2008, 16:38
John and Stewart,

Thank you both for the insight.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.......

November 27th, 2008, 13:56
Start with a large one.

lonelywombat
November 27th, 2008, 16:44
Start with a large one.

What an opinioniated idiot we have for his first post

Jeezus what did we do without you

November 29th, 2008, 08:20
Start with a large one.

What an opinioniated idiot we have for his first post

Jeezus what did we do without you

And a big thank you for the welcome to the board.
After 1300 posts I would have thought you could see that was not my first post.
Oh well, some are slow learners.
I learned fast how to use the ignore feature. cheers