PDA

View Full Version : Krazy Dragon Sunee.

MARK
November 9th, 2008, 11:48
Krazy Dragon Closed, 14th 15th 16th November for the Royal cremation. :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

November 9th, 2008, 11:53
Krazy Dragon Closed, 14th 15th 16th November for the Royal cremationThat must be burning a hole in your profits

MARK
November 9th, 2008, 12:09
Homintern,
Have you not heard bars in Sunee don,t make a profit :blah5:.Somebody will post this is my excuse to have a 3 day holiday.
Really I just want to cut the staff to save money. :idea: :idea: :drunken: :drunken:

catawampuscat
November 9th, 2008, 17:43
Mark, I loved the new look on some of the boys. I have long been a big fan of the
wide slitted shorts but like the new and quite revealing look even more.. :cat:
Krazy Dragon stands alone in Sunee Plaza, with this poster and is a haven for those with zero tolerance
for cigarette,cigar and pipe smokers.
This is a good thing, a great thing, but somehow, I think some of the nicotine addicts will
respond with their usual carping over their rights and this poster's nerve to dare to comment
on the issue yet once again.
Unfortunately, the no smoking laws haven't been followed up with enforcement yet and
slippage is inevitable. Bravo to Mark and Krazy Dragon for their resolve and my kudos
for the revealing new stringy briefs.. :cheers:

November 9th, 2008, 17:49
Krazy Dragon stands alone in Sunee Plaza, with this poster and is a haven for those with zero tolerance
for cigarette,cigar and pipe smokers.
This is a good thing, a great thing, but somehow, I think some of the nicotine addicts will
respond with their usual carping over their rights and this poster's nerve to dare to comment
on the issue yet once again.
Unfortunately, the no smoking laws haven't been followed up with enforcement yet and
slippage is inevitable.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/78491541547b8a59269b48.gif

foodforthought
November 9th, 2008, 19:31
Glad to see you enjoyed the panda film George:
Quote from the film.Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift and that is why it is called the present.

November 10th, 2008, 20:43
What are other bars in Sunnee and Pattayaland doing during the Royal Cremation? Who is open and who is closed? Anyone know?

lo-so
November 10th, 2008, 23:07
SKY BOY BAR is due to be shut. Given that this beer bar has always been allowed a great deal of discretion in its opening hours would perhaps indicate that most of the bars in that area will also (have to) follow suit.

The bars in Soi Twilight are still yet to hear from the BIB what they are expected to do. However the working assumption is that they will be required to close at least for alcohol sales. Maxis is however planning on remaining open (food no alcohol) - so maybe this will prove to be a focal point for freelancers. However they also must wait and see on whether they get approval. On a previous occasion they were raided to check if their music was licensed to be played and fined accordingly - a shot over their bow for perhaps not following the right protocol on a previous occasion!

It is probably appropriate to plan for the bars (and all sales of alcohol save from within hotels for residents) to be closed.

November 11th, 2008, 09:58
SKY BOY BAR is due to be shut. Given that this beer bar has always been allowed a great deal of discretion in its opening hours would perhaps indicate that most of the bars in that area will also (have to) follow suit.

With respect lo-so, I don't think that just because Sky Boy Bar is due to be shut as you say, that you should assume this will be mandatory for all of the bars in Sunee to do the same. My take on it is, that as Sky Boy Bar is both Thai owned and run, they will be closing because of their respect of their highly revered King, as well as his wishes for the funeral of His sister; Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana.

Personally, I don't see what the big problem is, or why any ex-pats living in the Kingdom by their own choice, find it so fucking hard to be able to deal with a three day bar closure, by at least appearing to be showing some respect for the King, as well as the Thai people, even if that respect they show is only on the surface.

I am delighted that The Crazy Dragon made the decision for themselves to close on the 14th 15th and 16th, which are the the three main days of the funeral. In my opinion, it wouldn't have hurt other farang owned bars to have followed the lead set by Crazy Dragon by doing exactly the same thing, instead of waiting for the BIB to bring them their normal paperwork for the days that closures will be required. Choc Dee Mark, you have my up-most respect for the decision that you made

The farang that seem to be devastated the most by any forced bar closures andwho hold court most nights at a "reserved" table at a certain bar in a Corner of Sunee, to discuss cat- a- clys- mic issues of importance such as; who is the latest go go bar guilty of being seen by one of their undercover agents, to be committing the dastardly crime of giving out an ashtray to one of their customers? (How very dare they) What should be good news for them, is they can take some time out too, as there will be no such bars open for them to report on.

As the obnoxious feline was guilty once again of having the nerve to dare to comment on the issue of smoking in this thread, when there was absolutely no need for him to do so, what a whining little maggot, I will finish this post by leaving someone to answer him below, that does a far better job than I could ever dream of. That person being the Late great Bill Hicks. And for the record for those who are unaware of this fact, his being the late great Bill Hicks, is in no way related to the fact that he was a smoker.

Cheers, http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/sifone.gif

George.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySCcnoo3c&feature=related

November 11th, 2008, 10:53
Personally, I don't see what the big problem is, or why any ex-pats living in the Kingdom by their own choice, find it so fucking hard to be able to deal with a three day bar closure, by at least appearing to be showing some respect for the King, as well as the Thai people, even if that respect they show is only on the surface.I agree, George, and when in Pakistan I show my respect for Osama bin Laden too. As you'll recall, all the pubs in the UK closed the day of the Queen Mum's funeral

November 11th, 2008, 12:06
Where do you find a good man in Pattaya, well for one on a good day the Krazy Dragon, nice atmosphere, nice staff and nice feel about the place and some times more then most very Nice MEN. some of the Cheapest drinks in Thailand

Where else TOY BOY, BOYS BOYS BOYS, WILD WEST BOYS, SAWADEE SOME TIMES, DYNAMITE SOME TIMES, ABOMB< Also good very Often is DREAMBOYS.

What have I left out?

Dont worry just because they are Men, does not mean they are not versatile, many Thai Guys, only like to F--- a guy they fancy, so its easy to roll over for them? as they say, "NO Pain No Gain," this is what it really means, not in the GYM.

Wesley
November 11th, 2008, 14:11
Hey George,

My computer is down for a few days and all goes to hell, Your, right the exception being those who traveled far to be there on those days, however, I found no problem finding plenty of guys on the street so, I would presume, a three day respectful holiday is a good thing, as to smokng, although I quite 20 years ago I well remember how hard it was to not smoke when I was having a beer. I feel sorry for those addicted to the things, but repect their right to die any way they wish.

BTW ANYONE WITH TIPS ON THE NEW VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM PLEASE PM ME WITH A FEW TIPS TO GET ME STARTED

Wes

November 11th, 2008, 14:18
As you'll recall, all the pubs in the UK closed the day of the Queen Mum's funeral

You really should be more careful Homi when making such sweeping generalisations as ALL pubs.

Drawing comparisons between Thai/Buddhist and English/Christian royal ceremonies is fraught with dangers and pitfalls, but surely even you remember that the Queen Mother did not have a state funeral, only a ceremonial one. I seem to recall that the last state funeral in UK was for Sir Winston Churchill, but, of course, with the salute limited to 19 guns rather than 21.

Examining the motives behind the closures might yield some interesting insights.

In the UK, as the Queen Mother's funeral was only ceremonial, there was no motion in Parliament, and therefore no closure orders. Any closures that were done were soley at the discretion of the publicans/landlords.

Here, we have had a request from the palace that "entertainment activities be toned down" Whilst I am sure every bar owner would be more than happy to comply with that request, they are not allowed to. The request is subject to interpretation by every petty offical down the line, and some times it seems to become a contest as to who can interpret the requests the most stringently, thus showing the most respect.

Take as an example of that the widely reported view of HM the King that his birthday was not an occaision for closing bars. What happened last birthday? Bangkok carried on as normal, Sunee was almost normal, but Boyztown was told to shut. Of course, don't forget that any deviation from the 'norm' is another potential excuse to collect tea money, which is probably the biggest motivator there is.

All that said, I agree that we must respect the laws and customs of the land in which we reside.

November 11th, 2008, 14:26
As you'll recall, all the pubs in the UK closed the day of the Queen Mum's funeralYou really should be more careful Homi when making such sweeping generalisations as ALL pubsI didn't realise irony would be wasted on you too!!
Drawing comparisons between Thai/Buddhist and English/Christian royal ceremonies ... All that said, I agree that we must respect the laws and customs of the land in which we reside.My views on the Thai royal family have to be well known to regular readers even given the censorship imposed by the Moderators (rightly or wrongly). A search on the word "propaganda" for example will reveal my views pretty quickly

lonelywombat
November 11th, 2008, 16:05
Homintern,
Have you not heard bars in Sunee don,t make a profit :blah5:.Somebody will post this is my excuse to have a 3 day holiday.
Really I just want to cut the staff to save money. :idea: :idea: :drunken: :drunken:

You are lucky you do not have guests 7 days a week like the guest house you are knocking

They are a committed service venue. Yours is obviously not

MARK
November 11th, 2008, 16:59
Take a chill Pill I am not Knocking anybody, I have no wish to, every body with a buisness in Thailand knows how hard we all have to work to make a living, I wish them the best in whot thay do.
My point is any body buying any business needs to make sure thay do there home work,

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 11th, 2008, 18:20
As you'll recall, all the pubs in the UK closed the day of the Queen Mum's funeral

not something she of all people would have wanted !!

November 11th, 2008, 19:31
As you'll recall, all the pubs in the UK closed the day of the Queen Mum's funeralYou really should be more careful Homi when making such sweeping generalisations as ALL pubsI didn't realise irony would be wasted on you too!!

Believe me Hommie, it isn't, I think it's more of a case of gym4asian's irony being wasted on you. But then again, what would someone that doesn't even possess a sense of humour know? http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Drawing comparisons between Thai/Buddhist and English/Christian royal ceremonies ... All that said, I agree that we must respect the laws and customs of the land in which we reside."]
My views on the Thai royal family have to be well known to regular readers even given the censorship imposed by the Moderators (rightly or wrongly). A search on the word "propaganda" for example will reveal my views pretty quickly

As a quick search of the word smoking would reveal someone elseтАЩs views on that subject too, but their moronic bleating about the same thing over and over again, is as equally boring and tedious as yours on the Thai Royal Family. Get over yourself!

Cheers Hommie, http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2395.gif

George.

quiet1
November 11th, 2008, 23:28
FWIW, I got this in an e-mail from Balcony Pub in Bangkok, so apparently it's okay to serve alcohol?

Dear Balcony Member,

The Balcony will be open during the period 14-16 November 2008.

This is a time of national mourning for the Royal Funeral of H R H Princess Galyani, H M The King's only sister, and therefore we have been asked to turn off most of our street lights and to significantly reduce the volume of music. Our staff will be wearing black over the entire period and there will be no street shows.

Although we will be serving our full food and drinks menu throughout, we would ask for your cooperation in dressing and behaving appropriately over this period.

Thank you.

The Balcony
86-88 Silom Soi 4
Bangkok 10500
www.balconypub.com (http://www.balconypub.com)

markie1
November 11th, 2008, 23:44

not something she of all people would have wanted !!You are right she would of wanted all to toast her Death with a Double Gin and Tonic i am sure

November 12th, 2008, 02:11
Get over yourself!I had a couple of boys all over me last night - will that do? By the way, the search party has reported back with your medical records, George - it seems you're suffering from prolonged male menopause, hence the obsessive behaviour. I'm sure Gone Fishing will be able to give us the medical term

November 12th, 2008, 07:54
Get over yourself!I had a couple of boys all over me last night - will that do? By the way, the search party has reported back with your medical records, George - it seems you're suffering from prolonged male menopause, hence the obsessive behaviour. I'm sure Gone Fishing will be able to give us the medical term

Do you know what Hommie, I have really tried to see things from your point of view, but no matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to get my head that far up my ass. I bet you must spend a lot of time wondering what life would be like, if you`d had enough oxygen at birth?

Never mind, keep talking Hommie, someday you`ll say something intelligent.

George.

November 12th, 2008, 07:57
Never mind, keep talking Hommie, someday you`ll say something intelligentWhy would I bother?

November 13th, 2008, 01:30
I'm sure Gone Fishing will be able to give us the medical term

Wrong, as usual.

Brad the Impala
November 13th, 2008, 01:58
I'm sure Gone Fishing will be able to give us the medical term

Wrong, as usual.

You mean that your google link has stopped working?

November 14th, 2008, 22:04
Mark I would just like to thank you. Being Thai myself it is nice to see that you respect the country you live in.
ขอบคุณมากที่ให้ค ามสำคัญและเคารพก บวันสำคัญของไทย

November 14th, 2008, 22:15
now theres an unfortunate typo - spelling 'thai' ใทย instead of ไทย. (now corrected)

November 14th, 2008, 22:25
Dave syd
ขอบคุณมากคับที่ท ก และขอโทษด้วยที่เ ียนผิด

November 14th, 2008, 22:33
wisethai
ไม่เป็นไรครับ

TrongpaiExpat
November 14th, 2008, 22:33
Dave syd
ขอบคุณมากคับที่ท ก และขอโทษด้วยที่เ ียนผิด

Are you the ch 3 soap star 'Paw' Tisidee (sp?) Wong ?

November 14th, 2008, 23:10
I am so sorry TrongpaiExpat
I thought we could all keep our anonymity here.

November 15th, 2008, 22:18
[quote=homintern]I'm sure Gone Fishing will be able to give us the medical term

Wrong, as usual.

You mean that your google link has stopped working?[/quote:u0sjuq1s]

How unusually perceptive of you, Brad; more so, at least, than allieb who pictured me rather bizarrely "probably sitting in front of his computer with a pile of reference books and a large dictionry writing his shit" - apparently he has yet to discover Google.

As there is a Google link at the top of the SGF display I use it on a regular basis. That does not mean that I necessarily know nothing about what I post, simply that I prefer to check my facts if I am in doubt. I have made it clear, for example, that my Latin is far from fluent (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi - I don't really know all that much Latin), but that does not mean that I am totally ignorant of the subject.

While I could hardly have missed those posting here who habitually fail to verify anything before posting, I had not realized that such verification was actually frowned on here, although it could explain why Catawumpuscat has so many (hidden) supporters - maybe you are one of them, as you appear to have something against those who check what they post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I could smile and say rubbish all day, but there would be no point, so I don't. Its that simple" (Dr M Ellingham, MD, FRCS)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The technical term for "male menopause" is male menopause, or andropause. It has been mentioned here before, but is of little interest to me just yet.

Wesley
November 16th, 2008, 14:30
It really dosen't matter to me if people check thier information or not on some items that are not LOS items, on other stuff it seems anyone can rattle off any thing they like ie.Homiturd . So if they know thier subect matter at least to some point I tend to trust them as I am not stuck on details and had rather see the larger picture. The latin often if too perfect to be off the top of yor head so I assume you are checking it before you post. I trust you as a poster so It really dosen't' matter if you check it all or not, The post on Augustine for examaple is not common knowlege among most posters but I have read his work , although many years ago and much of it I remember well enough to comment. I think Bob know that I may or may not believe everthign I post but am uusallly knowlegable enough about it to post with out research. Ocassionally, I will check the spelling of a name so that those who check everything you write can do a proper Google search on the subject or person I am talking about.

All the Best

Wes