PDA

View Full Version : Ever used Viator: they have cheap transfers..1100 to Pattaya

topjohn5
November 8th, 2008, 14:25
Has anyone ever used Viator Tours? They seem to be professional and have good reviews (at least on there own website so thats suspect of course). They charge a really low price for a transfer service that meets you with sign in hand of only $16.26 in BKK and only $38.71 (1100 baht) to Pattaya! That Pattaya price is the lowest I have heard of considering the personalized service.
I did a search for Viator and get nothing an SGT......
They also have a dinner cruise that sounds nice as well.....has anyone used them?

http://www.viator.com/

November 8th, 2008, 16:53
Let us know how you get on and whether in fact they are just re-selling some local service. The prices you quote are not particularly low.

November 8th, 2008, 22:13
Well I just looked on the link you gave and a tranfer to Pattaya in a shared car is ┬г22.78 (about Bt 1252).
In a private car its a staggering ┬г74.25 (about Bt 4085).
See here and klik on "view price guide"....
http://www.viator.com/tours/Pattaya/Pat ... 5PATHTLAPT (http://www.viator.com/tours/Pattaya/Pattaya-Departure-Transfer/d344-3685PATHTLAPT)
Where does it say $38.71 to Pattaya?
G

markie1
November 8th, 2008, 22:28
Has anyone ever used Viator Tours? They seem to be professional and have good reviews (at least on there own website so thats suspect of course). They charge a really low price for a transfer service that meets you with sign in hand of only $16.26 in BKK and only $38.71 (1100 baht) to Pattaya! That Pattaya price is the lowest I have heard of considering the personalized service.
I did a search for Viator and get nothing an SGT......
They also have a dinner cruise that sounds nice as well.....has anyone used them?

http://www.viator.com/ That is fora shared Mini bus,you can geta taxi alone for that price ,loll

TrongpaiExpat
November 8th, 2008, 23:52
Here we go again. Now, everyone can post their favorite way (bus, taxi or limo service) to transfer from the airport to Pattaya making sure that the rest of Thailand is kept out of sight and under wraps.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2008, 00:07
no wonder sheep get fleeced.....I regularlky take a meter taxi from the airport to pats for 900....for fucks sake its only a 2 hour drive....we aren't exactly crossing the sahara....

atri1666
November 9th, 2008, 03:24
I used viator many times for citytours in asian countries and transfers but in thailand only for dinnercruise. With promocode always cheap and ok

lonelywombat
November 9th, 2008, 03:46
Relate what you are trying to save back to the US dollar and forget your question

I get a Volvo limo to meet me at the airport, waiting for me holding a card with my name on and knowing where my hotel is

I dont have to wait for other passengers to get through customs, I dont have to share, I dont have to wait whilst they drop others off at their hotel first and I dont have to put up with a driver who has never heard of my intended hotel

In another thread you indicated where you were going to stay. I thought lucky you are getting a local taxi to pick you up.

1500 baht is worth it For the price of two beers I prefer to get there asap

lonelywombat
November 9th, 2008, 17:36
You're paying 750 baht for a beer?? Or do I misunderstand?

He is quoting 1100 baht. Markie 1 says that is for a shared minibus. They are anything but comfortable

Whats 400 baht if he wastes another 2 hours plus and his driver cannot find his hotel

If he is coming from the US he will be jet lagged and tired and would want to get to his hotel without delay

1500 baht with a driver waiting for you at exit, into a limo within a few minutes and arriving at you hotel in the shortest possible time would seem to me to be worth the extra money

Imagine if they have passengers from several planes and one is running late, or someone has an immigration problem

Your own car and driver from Pattaya that knows exactly where you are staying, is a huge plus I think he is staying at the sauna Id like to see a BKK minibus driver find that

lonelywombat
November 10th, 2008, 05:19

He is quoting 1100 baht. Markie 1 says that is for a shared minibus. They are anything but comfortable

Whats 400 baht if he wastes another 2 hours plus and his driver cannot find his hotel

If he is coming from the US he will be jet lacked and tired and would want to get to his hotel without delay

1500 baht with a driver waiting for you at exit, into a limo within a few minutes and arriving at you hotel in the shortest possible time would seem to me to be worth the extra money

Imagine if they have passengers from several planes and one is running late, or someone has an immigration problem

Your own car and driver from Pattaya that knows exactly where you are staying. I think he is staying at the sauna
So whats wrong with the metered taxi then ...

Several times I have arranged a car from my hotel in BKK to go to Pattaya The last time was to Poseiden , the driver drove around in circles trying to find it even though I gave him the ad . Friends who stayed at Howards and Montys also had problems with metered cabs not knowing Pattaya at all or at least the small gay hotels I have heard stories from guests at Cafe Royale and always wonder why when they come so far they invite hassles at the last step.

The best is to ask the hotel where you are staying to get a cab to meet you if it is your first time.

If you are to stay at Sansuk Sauna which is hard to find when you are actually in Pattaya it can become a nightmare

markie1
November 10th, 2008, 13:18

If he is coming from the US he will be jet lacked and tired and would want to get to his hotel without delay

Your own car and driver from Pattaya that knows exactly where you are staying. I think he is staying at the sauna

I aws Quoting 1100 or 1200 Fora taxi Metre and that si what i always use . I certainly would not do the Mini bus after a 12 hour flight. The taxi metre is the one i take .

So whats wrong with the metered taxi then ...

Several times I have arranged a car from my hotel in BKK to go to Pattaya The last time was to Poseiden , the driver drove around in circles trying to find it even though I gave him the ad . Friends who stayed at Howards and Montys also had problems with metered cabs not knowing Pattaya at all or at least the small gay hotels I have heard stories from guests at Cafe Royale and always wonder why when they come so far they invite hassles at the last step.

The best is to ask the hotel where you are staying to get a cab to meet you if it is your first time.

If you are to stay at Sansuk Sauna which is hard to find when you are actually in Pattaya it can become a nightmare