PDA

View Full Version : Email from Koh Samui on changes in scene

lonelywombat
November 8th, 2008, 10:19
I get an occasional newsletter from Koh Samui This could be interesting for those who are planning a trip
I am told Amsterdam a great show bar has closed earlier this year

Star Club

Opening December 1. Gay owned ladyboy and boy cabaret show recently moved to a new, smart, air conditioned bar, upstairs location. It promises to be a slick new look high energy show with ladyboys and boys. Two shows nightly 9 PM & 10.15 PM. Free admission.

Address: 39/1 Chaweng Beach Road, South Chaweng, opposite Family Mart @ the junction of Chaweng Beach Road and Baan Haad 3, the road through to Laem Din market - above what used to be the OTOP shop тАУ this is the south end of the Chaweng Beach Road one тАУ way road system.

Tel: 077-474278 / 0878817324.

Email: info@starclubsamui. com.

Web: www.starclubsamui (http://www.starclubsamui). com

'Starclub' is recruiting and if anyone is interested or knows those who could be they should contact (Jeff) from the 12th (next Wednesday) or if a performer, Dee from Christy Cabaret on 0817879682. Performers can start from 17th Nov (make/repair costume and rehearsal) and Barmen/Waiters (English a must - better English / better Salary) will be started around the 1st December,

Lotus Medical International

Have you ever thought of combining a tropical holiday with some longed for, high quality dental work, Botox, cosmetic surgery etc; in a world class hospital with qualified professional staff and at a cost to please your bank manager?

A professional medical service for gay, lesbian and straight people is currently being established on Koh Samui to bring you a range of professional dental, cosmetic and medical treatments. The service provides a personalised service to care for you and a range of accommodation options.

For more information contact: Email: info@lotusmedicalin ternational. com

Web: www.lotusmedicalint (http://www.lotusmedicalint) ernational. com

Phone: UK +44 207 193 0613 - +44 077 673 84650. Thailand: +66 0856 416747. USA: +213 0985 3516. Australia: +02 080 050 163

Note

Bruce and Mark of Emerald Green Men's Club have recently taken over the Samui distribution of the magazine SPICE - gay guide to Thailand - which has a good Samui map and listing of gay businesses. They have extended the number of; Chaweng, Mae Nam and Lamai venues carrying this publication to 29 and would like to grow that number, so if you know of or can suggest places you think would be good for us to place copies too target gay customers, we would welcome and follow up your advice.

Kind regards

Bruce and Mark

Lifestyles International (Thailand) Co Ltd
9/64 Moo 2 Bophut Koh Samui
Suratthani 84320 Thailand

Opposite the Nora Beach Resort
Chaweng Beach Road - North Chaweng

p +66 (0) 7760 1372
m +66 (0) 878 142 260
e info@emeraldgreensa mui.com
e emeraldgreensamui@ gmail.com
w www.emeraldgreensam (http://www.emeraldgreensam) ui.com

TrongpaiExpat
November 8th, 2008, 10:51
I recently spent some time on Samui and posted this on 28 Oct: www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/trip-report-surat-thani-provance-and-kho-samui-t16271.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/trip-report-surat-thani-provance-and-kho-samui-t16271.html)

It was off season and quiet but I heard all sorts of plans for the upcoming high season---I wonder if any of them will actually come off as planed.

Amsterdam has been closed more than a year, I was told. It was never successful. The owner no longer lives in Samui. The gay(exclusive) scene, what there is of it, is split between two bars: Boy Zone and Male Box and that is it, nothing else. Both farang owned.

A few of the Samui gay web sites list bars that are no longer there.

I don't know why Samui does not or did not take off as a gay destination. It's a pretty place in spots, has more to offer than Pattaya in the way of beaches and water recreation, there's lots of hotels in all price ranges and has all the amenities that a visitor would want. They keep opening bars, some quite nice, but the gays just keep flocking to Pattaya, Why?

bigben
November 8th, 2008, 18:24
??? Cheaper sex and drinks ???

Well I wouldn't know.... Just what I have been told. :yaya:

TrongpaiExpat
November 8th, 2008, 23:43
??? Cheaper sex and drinks ???

Well I wouldn't know.... Just what I have been told. :yaya:

Not really, depends on what you drink but in Samui prices started at 90B, off 300B and if your short time rate is 1000B, I am sure that would go over fine in Samui as well.

Marsilius
November 9th, 2008, 00:51
In Pattaya, if there's no-one you like in a particular bar you can go off to half a dozen others and will always find somone you like. There are also whole areas - Boyztown, Sunnee - where you know that you will not be in a stared-at minority.

Gay Ko Samui would appear not yet to have achieved that critical mass to tempt me to go there.