PDA

View Full Version : BEACH RESORT

November 8th, 2008, 02:11
Appreciate suggestions for a resort on a nice beach with clean water not too far from Pattaya (preferably within 2 or 3 hours drive). Would like to chill there for a few days after New Year in Pattaya. Boys and bars (or lack thereof) not an issue. Thanks!

mahjongguy
November 8th, 2008, 06:40
Appreciate suggestions for a resort on a nice beach with clean water not too far from Pattaya (preferably within 2 or 3 hours drive). Would like to chill there for a few days after New Year in Pattaya. Boys and bars (or lack thereof) not an issue. Thanks!

The only real choice is Ko Samet, but it will be difficult to book a bungalow for that timeframe.

adman5000
November 8th, 2008, 08:10
There are several choices.
If you truly want to relax it might be preferable to avoid the touristy spots. One example are the beaches near Rayong before you get to Ko Samet. There are many small resorts or bungalows, great seafood, reasonable beaches with trees and chairs, markets and shopping a baht bus ride away. There are miles of beach to walk as well. It is a nice place to grab a chair, a book, a drink, and you will find it peaceful. It is best to BYOB. Weekdays are easier than weekends as this is an area where many Thais go on the weekend.

bing
November 8th, 2008, 09:31
I understand this is a nice resort and you can see the lights of Pattaya after sundown. I met one of the owners at the the Oct. PGF dinner. the information on this property can be accessed at: wwwlareenaresort.com or info@lareenaresort.com It is close by and can be reached by boat from the waterfornt in Pattaya. This is the island they all head for in the morning and return at night.. You can stay at this gay friendly resort if you like to stay overnight.

Michael
November 8th, 2008, 18:20
I understand this is a nice resort..... at: wwwlareenaresort.com ....

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for lareenaresort.com
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

lonelywombat
November 9th, 2008, 03:37
Several years ago my nephew and family stayed in a small hotel on the beach, near Nong Nooch. I cannot remember the name but it has been mentioned before on this forum. Some of the locals might be able to come up with the name and website

Have a look at this map it will give you a rough idea. It is about level with Nong Nooch

http://www.atsiam.com/hotels/pattaya/no ... nd_map.asp (http://www.atsiam.com/hotels/pattaya/nong_nooch_tropicial_garden_resort_thailand_map.as p)

From memory there is a seafood restaurant built over the sand and adjoining the hotel You can see the lights of Patttaya at night

November 9th, 2008, 12:05
Yes, Michael. Experiencing a similar problem. When going to the site Norton blocks the download of a PDF. I'll email them instead.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.