PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Raids

November 7th, 2008, 08:13
Nothing seen here recently.
Have they stopped because the High Season is approaching?
Or, are the Thai Go Go owners behaving now?
G

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 7th, 2008, 19:43
G

probably means the bar owners have bought extra tickets to the Policeman's Ball.

November 7th, 2008, 21:36
Could be a lot of the police have been reassigned to Bkk.

November 7th, 2008, 23:32
G

probably means the bar owners have bought extra tickets to the Policeman's Ball.

With the strong police presence at one bar in Sunee last night O'Booze, it's obvious that the owner of that particular club hadn't yet purchased any tickets to the Ball, let alone extra ones. I can't be certain, but I think I saw him making amends for his temporary loss of memory, by forking out generously on the spot to one of the BIB present in his bar during their visit.

I am sure there was nothing sinister in their presence and they had obviously just gone along to give him a gentle reminder, that he hadn't yet made a contribution. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling-1.gif

Cheers,

George.

francois
November 8th, 2008, 00:27

Are you sure it is not the Policemen's Balls?

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 14:28

Are you sure it is not the Policemen's Balls?

they are a funny lot..I remember that fairly high up BIB who had his own bar a couple of years ago opposite the notrious under-age Sunnee Plaza joint. Lovely friendly chap and always trying to get you to off one of his nephews.

November 8th, 2008, 14:31
they are a funny lot..I remember that fairly high up BIB who had his own bar a couple of years ago opposite the notrious under-age Sunnee Plaza joint. Lovely friendly chap and always trying to get you to off one of his nephews.Chao Na claims friendship with a number of high-ranking policemen

November 8th, 2008, 16:53
The police have 2 plain cloths police most of the time in the Sunee Plaza area, they know how many go into bars who is stealing what, who is selling and buying drugs, who is taking who home, to where much of the time or the Motor bike taxis or Boys they arrest tell them, so of course when no money is flowing, they know not to hit hard, after the High season they hit hard, during the high season they hit minimally to make a publicity moment and a big effect on visitors to show some thing is always being done, to keep crime to the minimum

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 16:57
The police have 2 plain cloths police most of the time in the Sunee Plaza area, they know how many go into bars who is stealing what, who is selling and buying drugs, who is taking who home, to where much of the time or the Motor bike taxis or Boys they arrest tell them, so of course when no money is flowing, they know not to hit hard, after the High season they hit hard, during the high season they hit minimally to make a publicity moment and a big effect on visitors to show some thing is always being done, to keep crime to the minimum

oh good..so it's business as usual.

November 8th, 2008, 21:32
Re: They are there all the time.
Bung Kum wrote:

oh good..so it's business as usual.

Excellent, thank you!

fedssocr
November 8th, 2008, 23:24
Didn't I just read the other day that Somchai wants to launch a new "war on drugs"? Won't that make some more raids start happening?

November 9th, 2008, 03:04
Didn't I just read the other day ...Is there any way we can answer that question?

November 9th, 2008, 12:34
Didn't I just read the other day ...Is there any way we can answer that question?Since I posted a link to the story already in this thread (second post) it shouldn't be to hard to work out what he read whenI might be able to infer a possibility from that, but not a certainty. If the poor chap can't remember whether he read something the other day or not, and has to ask a group of complete strangers, he's obviously in a bad way - rather like Hedda asking "Do you know who I am?". We all know how that ended up - Hedda claimed to have consulted every psychiatrist between Pattaya and Bangkok

November 9th, 2008, 14:57
I understand that Topman has now closed - nothing in the last PG Weekly Report - and the show has moved to Khaos. Do the new owners, whoever they are, intend to re-name it?
It is very sad that after nine years no one has been able to make a go of it, symptomatic of the hard times all bars face at the moment with few customers around. What is happening there now?
Apropos the "raids" - get used to it, with "High Season" approaching and few customers this year, the BIB will be loking for new ways to gather in their tea-money.