View Full Version : Another business closed ??

November 6th, 2008, 18:49
I have been past Googies Restaraunt in Day Night over the past 3 days and find it closed. Anyone any ideas about this.
I have also been informed that the staff are asking about for jobs.

Wesley
November 6th, 2008, 19:05
It was a wonderful place for a real meal after eating sloppy joes and eggs and bacon for a while it was nice change, not that I was ever up in time for breakfast. But, it was a nice place to eat. The roast beef was just the deal and so tender you could eat it with a fork. . A total loss in my opinion, it did look slow there however, in-fact everything in that particular soi looked slow when I was there. But all the more the boys were to myself.

Wes

November 6th, 2008, 19:48
Wasn`t it advertised for sale here recently? maybe he sold it.

November 7th, 2008, 08:04
Do you mean the one in Day/Night or the one he opened around the corner? I know the latter closed.
So are they both shut now??
G

November 7th, 2008, 16:22
Still closed as of today (Friday 7th)..sign says closed no water (pipe burst)..but I guess gone like many on that Soi.

topjohn5
November 7th, 2008, 17:55
It was a wonderful place for a real meal after eating sloppy joes and eggs and bacon for a while it was nice change, not that I was ever up in time for breakfast. But, it was a nice place to eat. The roast beef was just the deal and so tender you could eat it with a fork. . A total loss in my opinion, it did look slow there however, in-fact everything in that particular soi looked slow when I was there. But all the more the boys were to myself.

Wes

Lord, Wes, Who is making you eat so many Sloppy Joes pray tell......I haven't had one of those things since Boy Scouts......so, do I need to Be Prepared in Pattaya to be feed sloppy joes a lot?

November 7th, 2008, 18:40
I went to Googies for breakfast today and saw that it was closed because a pipe from city water broke which affected him and Pattaya People.

I called Googgie to find out what was going on and he told me about the pipe. Later he SMS me and said it would be open Saturday 9am.

He said he was sorry that he had been opened and closed and open (sometimes on the same day) and hoped his customers would continue to support him.

November 8th, 2008, 01:48
Lord, Wes, Who is making you eat so many Sloppy Joes pray tell......I haven't had one of those things since Boy Scouts......so, do I need to Be Prepared in PattayaYou'll be spending some time scouting for boys though?

daa raa
November 14th, 2008, 14:19
It appears to be more than a broken pipe that caused the temporary closure. The landlord wants his back rent and
the employees want their pack pay as well.

November 17th, 2008, 12:14
It appears to be more than a broken pipe that caused the temporary closure. The landlord wants his back rent and

Yes closed today again. Staff walked out I am told, as they say here - no money, no honey !!
And what about the others that are owed money. I am informed that it is more than 8 million baht. Loans owing to farangs that seem to have no chance in getting anything back.
Maybe its time for the old bird to fly.

November 17th, 2008, 12:58

Yes closed today again. Staff walked out I am told, as they say here - no money, no honey !!
And what about the others that are owed money. I am informed that it is more than 8 million baht. Loans owing to farangs that seem to have no chance in getting anything back.

Looks like certain other birds are flying already, in circles. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/nono.gif

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/vultures.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/30587-Vultures-waiting-0.jpg

November 17th, 2008, 14:54
Well summed up George!! Love it!

Wesley
November 17th, 2008, 17:42
Topjohn, go to oud's will take you bck to your child hood

Wes

November 17th, 2008, 18:50

Looks like certain other birds are flying already, in circles.

So you did not fall for the blarney then. Just remember those that unfortunately did. It's cost them loads. As one of them is quoted as saying. 'You've taken 3 years of my life in Pattaya from me'

Wesley
November 17th, 2008, 19:49
Humm, seems I remember a comment from someone else about this subject before I left from more than one source that this may not be all on the up and up. Im not a Pattaya insider biut do tend to pay attention.

Wes

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 17th, 2008, 19:50

Wes

Lord, Wes, Who is making you eat so many Sloppy Joes pray tell......I haven't had one of those things since Boy Scouts......so, do I need to Be Prepared in Pattaya to be feed sloppy joes a lot?

what the fuck is a sloppy joe ??..sounds like something the other scouts make you eat after..well you know what.

(there is a story about Lord Baden Powell during the Boar War telling a comrade he wanted to set an organisation where he could take young boys out camping, swimming nude etc..his friend said "you could get ten years for that")

nb; after spotting those pics of the vultures I want to remind everyone that when I kick the bucket I'd like to be laid out on a mountain somewhere so the vultures can dine off me..don't see why my gorgeous body should be wasted by going up in flames.

November 20th, 2008, 22:03
why does every one try to be so mean on this board. here is a similar post on pattaya passion http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com to show you the difference between helping and hurting. i dont think gossip helps anyone except providing the gossiper with attention.

posted by passion patrol on:

Just read a lot of nasty threads about Googies on some of the other boards. I have eaten at this restaurant many times -- and each time found it to be decent food for a decent price. The owner is a nice enough guy who always made me feel welcome and the staff always treated me well.

Whether the business is having trouble or not -- and regardless of what any gossip the hate-mongers spread -- the simple fact is that this is a business worth supporting.

If you haven't tried it, why not give it a shot? And you have and enjoyed it, this might be just the time to head out there and show your support. I for one intend on going this week. This is a prime example of how we can help to support a gay business in Pattaya as opposed to participating in its destruction.

Soi Day Night 1
Phone: (0) 85227 - 0114
Email: googies-pattaya@hotmail.com
http://www.googies-pattaya.com/