PDA

View Full Version : England greets Obama victory with fireworks and bonfires.

November 6th, 2008, 01:10
It's happening all around me right now. Who'd have thought the English were so happy about who gets elected in other countries.

It is rather frightening the horses, however. I own, I haven't seen one all evening.

Dick
November 6th, 2008, 04:31
http://www.rhymes.org.uk/pics/guy.jpg

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

November 7th, 2008, 06:11
It's happening all around me right now. Who'd have thought the English were so happy about who gets elected in other countries.

It is rather frightening the horses, however. I own, I haven't seen one all evening.

And I thought they were burning GWB effigies...

If you read Exodus I think you'll find that there is a difficulty in burning bushes.

November 7th, 2008, 06:22
If you read Exodus I think you'll find that there is a difficulty in burning bushes.Wouldn't it be easier to ask a lesbian friend (if exists)?

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 7th, 2008, 19:49
I think it was a reincarnation of Guy Fawkes trying to blow up that boring Scotsman who drones on about bugger all.

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2008, 20:47

And I thought they were burning GWB effigies...

If you read Exodus I think you'll find that there is a difficulty in burning bushes.

Most droll!

November 8th, 2008, 05:38
I think it was a reincarnation of Guy Fawkes trying to blow up that boring Scotsman who drones on about bugger all.

James VI has been called many things but "boring" is a strange epithet. His father, Darnley was reputed to have a taste for the pretty young men of Edinburgh, but he was blown up probably on the orders of his mother's next husband, Bothwell.

James was known for a predeliction to leather garments which was said to stem from a paranoia of being stabbed by assassin but others think he he might have been erotically stimulated by such gaiments. It is not uncommon. He was highly educated, maistly by protestants, though in name a Catholic being the son of Mary, Queen of Scots. His erudition is evidenced through his poetry and books on inter alia his right to rule, witchcraft and opposition to the evil of tobacco. Clearly a man ahead of his time.

His greatest achievement was probably the commissioning of the translation of the Testaments from Latin and Greek as like maist Scots he valued the concept of an educated common man which resulted in the King James Version of the Bible, in the vernacular.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 17:46

James VI has been called many things but "boring" is a strange epithet. His father, Darnley was reputed to have a taste for the pretty young men of Edinburgh, but he was blown up probably on the orders of his mother's next husband, Bothwell.

James was known for a predeliction to leather garments which was said to stem from a paranoia of being stabbed by assassin but others think he he might have been erotically stimulated by such gaiments. It is not uncommon. He was highly educated, maistly by protestants, though in name a Catholic being the son of Mary, Queen of Scots. His erudition is evidenced through his poetry and books on inter alia his right to rule, witchcraft and opposition to the evil of tobacco. Clearly a man ahead of his time.

His greatest achievement was probably the commissioning of the translation of the Testaments from Latin and Greek as like maist Scots he valued the concept of an educated common man which resulted in the King James Version of the Bible, in the vernacular.

thank you for enlightening me 555 but I do actually quite like the odd Scot (except for one grandfather, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown). Indeed I've had a few affairs with with some lovely Scots lads but I'm fascinated to hear about James V1 !. Of course the English nobility was far more interesting before those Germans got involved. That ratbag of a grandfather (the meanest man in the world) always claimed to be related to Mary Queen of Scots but I think they all say that..don't they ?. As for Catholics -I am currently having to have rather extensive knee surgery and I believe it's all down to years of kneeling before a priest as a youth. Praying of course.

In my next instalment I'll tell you all about the mad Glaswegian who tried to get me involved in a plot to kidnap the Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs from Rio..I thought he was completely mad but never said so of course as he had a reputation for mangling a person for the slightest insult. He wanted me to finance the project but I called in poor..the next thing I know is the bugger actually through with the plot !. I might add this whole thing was hatched in a luxurious apartment we all lived in Queensway which was owned by the daughter of a Las Vegas mobster ! Thank God I was so innocent in those days. :flower: