PDA

View Full Version : Siam Heritage Hotel

gearguy
November 2nd, 2008, 08:33
This is right next to Tarntawan and looks nice with rooftop pool. Anyone stay there and
what's their joiner attitude and policy?

Thanks!

November 2nd, 2008, 08:44
This is right next to Tarntawan and looks nice with rooftop pool. Anyone stay there and what's their joiner attitude and policy?I'm told they dislike joiners and it's somewhat piss-elegant

krobbie
November 2nd, 2008, 10:01
Some reviews seem to be good and some downright scathing.

fedssocr
November 2nd, 2008, 20:02
I stayed there on my first trip two years ago. The Executive Suite room was gorgeous and quite comfortable. Breakfast was very good. But at that time at least they had a very militantly enforced no unregistered guests allowed policy. On the night of the coup I returned to the hotel late at night with my guide and the security tried to stop him from even entering the lobby. Perhaps that has been relaxed by now. The staff, while speaking little English, was quite cheerful. The doorman was especially friendly. Two years is a long time in hotel years, so my review may not be operative anymore.

November 3rd, 2008, 04:59
Several months back there were posts here about them being not friendly to gays or their boys.

November 3rd, 2008, 08:32
The last time I stayed there with boyfriend was 2 years ago so things may have changed.
I would call it a "Gay Tolerant" hotel rather than a "Gay Friendly" place.
I liked the location, the room, the decor and the rooftop garden, bar and pool. The Thai staff was pleasant and I had no problems with them.

The things I did not like were:

it was pricey;
the wi-fi wasn't free, you had to pay something like $10 a night to have it hooked up;
the restraunt was small and there could be quite a crowd at breakfast;
the place was loaded with straight Farang guests (mostly German) who gave us the cold eye.

I understand there was a "joiners fee" but that may have changed (check the website or write them).

I did like it and wish it had turned out better, but I won't be going back.
There are other options (Rose Hotel across the street for one).

BTW, it was owned by the brother of the guy who owns the Rabbit Resort in Jomtien.

November 3rd, 2008, 22:23
I am looking for a hotel in Silom and therefore had an interest in the issue of a joiners fee at Siam Heritage. I emailed to ask and received a response which effectively said that one joiner would not be charged. A joiners fee only becomes applicable in ROOMS (but not suites) if there is more than one joiner.