PDA

View Full Version : Vatican could screen for gays

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 31st, 2008, 09:19
THE Vatican acknowledges that psychological tests could help identify candidates for the Catholic priesthood who show homosexual tendencies, according to a newly-released document.
While condoning the use of such tests by Catholic seminaries, the document released today and approved by Pope Benedict XVI says they must be strictly voluntary.

"Deep-seated homosexual tendencies" and "uncertain sexual identity" are listed in the document along with "excessive rigidity of character" and "strong affective dependencies" as traits that might make a candidate unsuitable for the priesthood.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 01,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24579955-401,00.html)

this will involve wiring them up and parading groups of choir boys or muscle men in front of them.

Aunty
October 31st, 2008, 09:31
I don't know about you, Doris, but I have some very deep seated homosexual tendencies. In fact, the last time I had my dick up another man's arse I think you could say I had quite a proclivity for it!

rincondog
October 31st, 2008, 09:36
Maybe they should have them take the "How gay are you test" from this forum.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 31st, 2008, 15:32
THE Vatican acknowledges that psychological tests could help identify candidates for the Catholic priesthood who show homosexual tendencies, according to a newly-released document.
While condoning the use of such tests by Catholic seminaries, the document released today and approved by Pope Benedict XVI says they must be strictly voluntary.

"Deep-seated homosexual tendencies" and "uncertain sexual identity" are listed in the document along with "excessive rigidity of character" and "strong affective dependencies" as traits that might make a candidate unsuitable for the priesthood.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 01,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24579955-401,00.html)

this will involve wiring them up and parading groups of choir boys or muscle men in front of them.

And this coming from a bunch of closet queens in strange drag...

It's never been fully explained while that cheery current Pope who wears Gucci slip-ons, is called Brenda by his pals.

November 1st, 2008, 01:47

Interesting that according to the article 'the Pedophile priest scandals that have hit the Catholic Church in recent years were not the "primary cause" behind the document .... but they helped "accelerate" the process and were "certainly a determining factor" '. Having banned "those who practice homosexuality, show profoundly deep-rooted homosexual tendencies, or support the so-called gay culture" by Papal decree on August 31 2005, Pope Benedict XVI is clearly following an even more hardline policy than his predecessor, John Paul II, who at least considered that homosexual orientation by Catholics was acceptable but homosexual activity was not.

It also appears to indicate that the Catholic church sees a stronger link between pedophiles and homosexuals than heterosexuals - possibly because, according to the same decree, homosexuals are considered not to have reached "emotional maturity".

Thank God (metaphorically) that I am no longer a Catholic.

November 1st, 2008, 05:57
Thankfully I was never a Catholic & resisted the attempts of many retarded schoolteachers to impose any other Christian religion upon me.

Having visited the Vatican, it does resemble a 2000 year old mafia scam that creams off money from poor & gullible worshippers to fund lavish buildings in an Italian tax haven.

So I shall ignore their medieval attitudes.

November 1st, 2008, 06:09
... has just killed off over 200 Pakistanis in an earthquake. I guess even God needs a bit of R&R from deciding who should be gay

Khor tose
November 1st, 2008, 08:10
deleted for being dumb :blackeye:

November 1st, 2008, 21:57
The most worrying thing to me is not so much "weeding out" those who are gay themselves, but also excluding those who are heterosexual but liberal enough to "support the so-called gay culture".

z909, I think anyone who "imposes" any religion on anyone else, particularly children, is wrong - fortunately my father, despite being raised as a Jesuit and being a strict Catholic himself, held a similar view. Interestingly Theravadan Buddhism, as practiced in Thailand, Burma and Sri Lanka, teaches that it is entirely up to the individual to "find Nirvana" for themselves, while Tibetan, Mahayana and Zen Buddhism consider that there is a responsibility to assist others on the path - one of the reasons why Theravadan Buddhism is one of the very few religions which cannot be held directly responsible for starting a war.

Khor tose
November 1st, 2008, 23:33
No matter what they do, I think it will only be a temporary solution. The problems that the have been occuring in the Catholic Church has very little to do with the sexual orientation of the Priest. The problem is celibacy itself, and not allowing priest to marry. I recently read a good article in the NYT's by op-ed editor and two times pulitzer Prize winner Nicholas D. Kristof

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/10/opini ... EDnYQo9tZQ (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/10/opinion/10kristof.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1225556477-EGOZmuw7FoYgEDnYQo9tZQ)

November 2nd, 2008, 11:23
No matter what they do, I think it will only be a temporary solution. The problems that the have been occuring in the Catholic Church has very little to do with the sexual orientation of the Priest. The problem is celibacy itself, and not allowing priest to marry.When will you be having that discussion with Thailand's chief monk on this topic?

November 3rd, 2008, 03:37
When will you be having that discussion with Thailand's chief monk on this topic?Sadly Khor tose is a knee-jerk merchant rather than someone who has considered views. I guess his personal issues with pedophilia (as I suggested in another post) are colouring his view of everything sexual. Celibacy has a long and honourable history in all of the world's religions except, I believe, the terrorists' spiritual home, Islam

Khor tose
November 3rd, 2008, 04:40
Celibacy has a long and honourable history in all of the world's religions except, I believe, the terrorists' spiritual home, Islam
That is not what the article says. Homi makes it up as he goes along. How many Americans out there have now been arrested under the new law that HOMI's state department friend told him about. Hehehe