View Full Version : The Old Bondi in Jomtien soon to be "THE VENUE"

Irish1972
October 30th, 2008, 17:59
What is happening with the premises that was "Bondi" in Jomtien?

Is it for sale, does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks in Advance

K

October 31st, 2008, 08:21
Watch this space......something new and exciting to happen at the old Bondi soon!

Irish1972
October 31st, 2008, 16:30
It is just one of a number of premises that I was looking at. But if it has already been Sold/rented then I am no longer interested.

However i do look forward to seeing what is in store for it. I think that whole area is lacking something over the past 12 months or so.

Thanks for the info..or lack there of :clown:

K

October 31st, 2008, 16:42
I think that whole area is lacking something over the past 12 months or so.People?

Irish1972
October 31st, 2008, 16:51
People?

Well Spotted!

dab69
October 31st, 2008, 22:03
I was always curious what happenned to the small hotel for sale in Rayong(?) a couple years back.
I had just returned from vacation to see posted an economically priced hotel for sale
a block from the beach, about 8 rooms for ~$12000.
owner had just spent ~$5000 in upgrades.

I have searched but couldn't find the post here.

no way was I going to go all the way back
but had I heard of it while I was there I don't think I could have resisted

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 1st, 2008, 15:51
Watch this space......something new and exciting to happen at the old Bondi soon!

I liked the Bondi ..everything except the rooms which were quite large but had a rather 'cold' feeling.

November 1st, 2008, 18:29
Wow Irish1972 your not the same guy who is looking to buy the old Enchanted Hut and Rock Hard Boys next door are you, have you just come from a lunatic asylum, as every one knows the previous owners can hardly make ends meet, and both are going under for the 3rd time, why do you think you can do better. So many people tried to make money in Jomtien Complex all came out licking their wounds.

As they still say, if you want to make a small fortune in Pattaya, spend a big one.

I wish you all the Luck of the Irish, your going to need it now.

Irish1972
November 1st, 2008, 23:32
No, I was not looking at either venue you mention, But you are on the button about the Asylum! :clown:

Khor tose
November 1st, 2008, 23:39
No, I was not looking at either venue you mention, But you are on the button about the Asylum! :clown:

Thank you for my morning laugh. However, you just made me spit my coffee all over my computer. :cheers:

thaiguest
November 2nd, 2008, 20:20
What is happening with the premises that was "Bondi" in Jomtien?

Is it for sale, does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks in Advance

K
Went past Bondi yesterday, Nov. 1st.
Extensive renovations in progress.
Made enquiries at Q Mark bar.
Bondi will re-open as 3 units in 6 or 9 months (depending on progress) as a gay venue.
It will contain 24 bedrooms, a bar, a restaurant and a Japanese style gay sauna.
So there you have it...all you jomtien naysayers.

November 3rd, 2008, 01:30
Bondi will re-open as 3 units in 6 or 9 months (depending on progress) as a gay venue.
It will contain 24 bedrooms, a bar, a restaurant and a Japanese style gay sauna.
So there you have it...all you jomtien naysayers.You mean there'll still be tourists coming to Thailand then?

Wesley
November 3rd, 2008, 04:32
Monty said it ws up for sale when I talked to him, I am not sure if that is to be trusted or not but. he at the time was also saying ie had sold the estaablishment he was in and would remain their only the next 6 months

Wes

November 3rd, 2008, 20:49
Dont quote me! but I was told by a mole, that surprise Owners will be recreating the old ICON, one of these owner, so I have been reliably informed, use to get his leg over many times when the ICON was in Full Swing, and was a share holder, I hope so, I for one, use to miss this extravaganza Hotel Complex, all we will be short of is the fab swimming pool, but the Jomtien beach is over the back garden.

Smiles
November 4th, 2008, 08:08
It's really too bad about the the Bondi. For a very reasonable 900 baht (if I recall correctly) they offered the most spacious rooms (suites really) to be had in Jomtien/Pattaya. The hong nam was postage stamp sized, but the bedroom/living room combinations were airy, clean as a whistle, and gigantic.
The main drawback to the place were few, but included a coldish (if not on the surly side) staff. The original owner was very decent though.

As purely comfortable and roomy accomodation, the Bondi will be missed ... by us at least.

Cheers ...

November 4th, 2008, 09:57
I adored the Bondi. Hope the new venture can live up to the standards and popularity it once had.

sattahip-old
November 4th, 2008, 16:48
3 shophouses of the old Bondi have been purchased by well-known local couple R. C. and D. B. in a partnership and the building is currently being completely stripped prior to a full high quality renovation.

The new business which will be called "The Venue" will comprise a show bar, a hotel of 12 rooms and 2 suites and a Japanese style spa open to both guests and visitors. There will be snacks in the show bar but no restaurant. Renovations include the installation of a much needed lift.

Though completion is targeted in the first quarter of next year, the owners tell me they will not compromise quality for time.

This should be a landmark development in the Jomtien area. Both of them have owned and run hotels previously and their first careers were in show business. R's experience with UK R. C. Dancers should especially ensure polished professionalism in the Show Bar.

As a friend I wish them well and look forward to a new truly first class venue in Jomtien.

{Names deleted as per guidelines - jinks}

November 5th, 2008, 03:22
As a friend I wish them well and look forward to a new truly first class venue in Jomtien.I enjoyed the old Bondi. While I wish the new owners well, this venture can't have come at a worse time given the drop in tourism and business activity generally in Thailand.

November 5th, 2008, 19:01
If its true, I wish him better luck than the three previous branches of Icon encountered.

Well I wish them better luck also as before, but one of the new owners is the very guy who made the dancers look alive and electric, at the Old ICON, he is a well know choreographer in the UK I understand and he is a workaholic, even though he can make the sparks fly at times, with people who are what he believes to be a bore to him, he is a very forgiving sole.

I would think if he can capture back the Bondi Older Customers, I mean over 70s who live quietly in Pattaya with their long time Thai boyfriends, who are around 45 now, who love easy listening Music and also satisfy the younger crowd with handsome hunks, their make a fortune, both were Hoteliers in there own right, that's the first owner and these, so it will be interesting to see if they will not follow down the road of the old ICON and listen to all who have a bitch with them. then keep changing things. to its detriment.

Good luck, I'm sure there is enough customers living in Pattaya to keep the show bar going during the long Low seasons, I've been told the problem will be if they start upsetting any one with their, I'm better then you routine. as their well know for, this is the sort of thing that dose not go down well. in this town.

Brad the Impala
November 5th, 2008, 22:54
Seems like a former poster whose posts were known for their hype, and lack of punctuation, is trying to conceal his return under a flood of full stops and commas.

November 6th, 2008, 02:31
he is a very forgiving soleJust what we need - a compassionate fish

November 6th, 2008, 12:11
Lets try an enjoy life with out the sarcasmWhy?

November 6th, 2008, 13:16
Because, quote, "That track leads to precipices;life on that giddy level ends in a fall". !!! :bom:You can't even manage an original thought?

November 6th, 2008, 14:47
Miaow Miaow. such a shame you lost your sense of humour such a long time ago! But there we go, not everyone can be happy can we! May be you should try writing for some rag newspaper to let out those deep frustrations you appear to have!!!Your advice is deeply appreciated. I'll discuss it with Our Resident Bodhisattva who is my spiritual adviser; his sense of humour is legendary

November 6th, 2008, 15:19
seems Homi has a new friend. should be amusing

November 6th, 2008, 20:28
Miaow Miaow. such a shame you lost your sense of humour such a long time ago! But there we go, not everyone can be happy can we! May be you should try writing for some rag newspaper to let out those deep frustrations you appear to have!!!Your advice is deeply appreciated. I'll discuss it with Our Resident Bodhisattva who is my spiritual adviser; his sense of humour is legendary

Hi Homintern, unfortunately I am out of the country for the majority of this weekend, leaving on my private jet Bodhisattva 1, very early tomorrow morning. However, as you are and have always been one of my special pupils, on seeing your post I consulted my PA. He informs me that I have an opening on Monday Morning from 9am until 11 am. Please contact him in the normal way should this day and time be suitable for you.

If this should prove to be the case which I am sure it will be knowing how anxious you will be to see me once again, we will continue where we last left off with my teachings to you, of the Thirty-Seven Practices of what a Bodhisattva does.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend Homintern and also, that you will spend a part of it when it is possible for you to do so, chanting the mantra to oneself.

I look forward to seeing you on my return to Thailand and leave you with this refresher:

I bow down continually with body, speech, and mind
out of respect for the supreme teacher
And Avalokiteshvara, the protector.
Though seeing that phenomena neither come nor go,
they strive one-pointedly for the benefit of beings.

The fully-enlightened Buddhas,
The source of benefit and happiness,
Have come about from having accomplished the holy Dharma.
this in turn, depends on knowing what to do,
So I shall explain what are the practices of Bodhisattva's.

Om Mani Padme Hum. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/nohotlinkingpls.gif

P.S. As an afterthought, I thought I should say something in reference to your words to kotter above which were in relation to me. Those words were: Your advice is deeply appreciated. I'll discuss it with Our Resident Bodhisattva who is my spiritual adviser; his sense of humour is legendary In the extreme unlikelihood that kotter has neither heard of me, or my "legendary sense of humour", I will leave him with the following so he will at least have no doubt as to your honesty where this is concerned:

Q: How many Zen Buddhists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None, they are the light bulb.

Q: Why don't Buddhists vacuum in the corners?
A: Because they have no attachments.

Q: What did the Monk say to the hot dog vendor?
A: Make me one with everything.

The hot dog vendor prepares the hot dog and gives it to the monk. The monk pays him and asks for the change. The hot dog vendor says: "Change comes from within".

Q: What happens when a Buddhist becomes totally absorbed with the computer he is working with?
A: He enters Nerdvana.

Q: Why are there so few Buddhist rhythm and blues bands?
A: Because Buddhists don't have any soul.

Q: What does a Buddhist wish someone on their birthday?
A: May you have many happy returns.

The other side

One day a young Buddhist on his journey home, came to the banks of a wide river. Staring hopelessly at the great obstacle in front of him , he pondered for hours on just how to cross such a wide barrier. Just as he was about to give up his pursuit to continue his journey he saw a great teacher on the other side of the river. The young Buddhist yells over to the teacher "Oh wise one , can you tell me how to get to the other side of this river"?
The teacher ponders for a moment looks up and down the river and yells back "My son, you are on the other side" .

Dealing with Neurotics

The psychiatrist asks the Zen Master, "How do you deal with neurotics?"
The Zen Master replies, "I get them to the point where they can't ask anymore questions".

Gratitude

Fred: "Why must we bow at the end of a meditation period?"
Ho Chi Zen: "To thank God it's over."

An old Zen master always told this fable to un-serious students: Late one night a blind man was about to go home after visiting a friend. "Please," he said to his friend, "may I take your lantern with me?"
"Why carry a lantern?" asked his friend. "You won't see any better with it."

"No," said the blind one, "perhaps not. But others will see me better, and not bump into me." So his friend gave the blind man the lantern, which was made of paper on bamboo strips, with a candle inside.

Off went the blind man with the lantern, and before he had gone more than a few yards, "Crack!" - a traveler walked right into him. The blind man was very angry. "Why don't you look out?" he stormed. "Why don't you see this lantern?"

"Why don't you light the candle?" asked the traveler.

Enlightenment after death

The Emperor asked Master Gudo, "What happens to a man of enlightenment after death?"

"How should I know?" replied Gudo.

"Because you are a master," answered the Emperor.

"Yes sir," said Gudo, "but not a dead one."

The above should be enough to back up your claim for now Homintern. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/wink_smile.gif I will finish this post of mine by saying to you kotter, that if you, or any other member for that matter are easily offended by humor about Buddhism, you may want to read the following story.

Worse than a Clown

There was a young monk in China who was a very serious practitioner of the Dharma. Once, this monk came across something he did not understand, so he went to ask the master. When the master heard the question, he kept laughing. The master then stood up and walked away, still laughing. The young monk was very disturbed by the master's reaction. For the next 3 days, he could not eat, sleep nor think properly. At the end of 3 days, he went back to the master and told the master how disturbed he had felt.

When the master heard this, he said, "Monk, do you know what your problem is? Your problem is that YOU ARE WORSE THAN A CLOWN!" The monk was shocked to hear that, "Venerable Sir, how can you say such a thing?! How can I be worse than a clown?" The master explained, "A clown enjoys seeing people laugh. You? You feel disturbed because another person laughed. Tell me, are you not worse than a clown?" When the monk heard this, he began to laugh. He was enlightened.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 6th, 2008, 21:22
my spy disguised as a Bondi tram (old Aussie joke.."shot through like a Bondi tram) has just informed me who the new owners of the Bondi are and I can assure you the establishment is in good hands...expect something fab !!

it's also truly wonderful to see sattahip and cotter in full agreement. Almost like speaking with one mind. :clown:

November 7th, 2008, 00:33
my spy disguised as a Bondi tram (old Aussie joke.."shot through like a Bondi tram) has just informed me who the new owners of the Bondi are and I can assure you the establishment is in good hands...expect something fab !!

I couldn't agree with you more O'Booze in what you have stated above. Fab is the very least The Bondi should tum out to be, because if the two Gentleman concerned whom have purchased the property, can't turn the Bondi into a venue even better than it was at the height of it's former glory, as well as making Jomtien a place where people will not only once again want to visit, but also have good reason to, than I don't believe anybody can.

Knowing them both as I do, I am also certain that they will not be in the slightest bit concerned about anyones expectations, as they will in all probability I am sure, exceed them. My very best wishes to them both and if they happen to see this post of mine, let me say this to you both with all sincerity: It will be nice when you are up and running, not only for us to have some arse in Jomtien, but for us to also be able to enjoy some class to go with that arse as well. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/wink_smile.gif

Choc Dee Guys,

George.

Irish1972
November 7th, 2008, 05:32
I meant no disrespect to the new owner and was genuinely asking for info as I saw it closed down and boarded up a few weeks ago.

I wish the new owners all the very best and have had no hidden agenda in posting this topic.

I for one will be a regular

K

November 7th, 2008, 06:11
... perhaps I could motor down for the opening. Is there a date yet?

sattahip-old
November 7th, 2008, 08:21
Homitern. 5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgent. Look back over this thread, Homitern, and if you allow even a modicum of intelligence to penetrate your ego, see what a twat you are.

November 7th, 2008, 08:28
... perhaps I could motor down for the opening. Is there a date yet?

maybe u can give BG a lift?

November 7th, 2008, 10:51
Oh dear how exciting its getting, like the Old days of ICON where one Poster in particular, I think he came from Australia, a friend was telling me over diner last night, he was, I think him to be a friend of these shareholders' of the ICON,, doing some publicity, then it all turned nasty when they fell out, sounds as they have given his old job of Publicty Manager back, he helped close the old ICON down over his constant bickering and made up stories, but now writing under only two handles, as one poster says above, one Mr. Nice guy one Mr. bad.

Come on Guys, lets not Kill the new "Venue" before its started, if you can't say something nice, dont say anything at all, unless its very interesting of course. :drunken:

November 7th, 2008, 13:40
5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgentI should damn well hope so, Ron! I work very hard at being vacuous; but self-indulgence is not my only vice!

November 7th, 2008, 15:11
тАЬCuriouser and curiouser!тАЭ Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).Sadly, my dear kotter, you havenтАЩt been following along with this weekтАЩs postings. I already have, to use Soi 10 TomтАЩs evocative phrase, тАЬloose credibilityтАЭ ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 16343.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/obama-wins-homi-looses-cash-and-credibility-t16343.html) ). Indeed he has spent considerable energy providing an exegesis based on my lack of understanding of the structure of the paragraph in English. I suppose these things provide some basis for the more anally-retentive of our members to huff and puff тАУ it certainly looks as though youтАЩre aiming to join that lobby

IsnтАЩt it interesting, however, that a riposte by me to a post by sattahip brought an immediate response from you, as if somehow you are a stakeholder in an obscure private quarrel. Some people might reasonably infer, based on that somewhat over-the-top post, that kotter and satta are joined at the hip тАУ what dear Hedda used to call a тАЬhydraтАЭ. As for me, it seems I must repeat my mission statement - "I'm only here for the laughs"

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/wonderland/curiouser.htm

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2008, 16:57
My my Homi,

I am really rattling your old bones aren't I. I will repeat, you do have egg all over that dial of yours.

You may repeat something ad infinitum, but it still won't make your wish a reality! The only kind of egg on the Colonel's face would have already been digested.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 7th, 2008, 19:34
"PS. Have look at your threads where Lunchtime and you appear together. Always very soon after each other. Should I presume that you are one and the same from that analogy?"

good grief, you do know how to wound a person !

I'm a just a big softy but Homintern..he's just a hard old bastard with the hide of a rhinocerous. I do try to post near him as much as possible as I always thought it made me look smart by comparison. :geek:

at least I'm much prettier than he.

November 8th, 2008, 01:44
at least I'm much prettier than he.I think it's important to place that comment into context. Hedda's last budgie but one sought political asylum with Lunchtime O'Booze. Doris, being the soul of kindness, took it in, to find that the only phrase it could speak was "At least you're much prettier than The Colonel"

Bob
November 8th, 2008, 03:58
The only kind of egg on the Colonel's face would have already been digested.

At first, funny as hell. On second thought, I really don't want to see brown runny eggs.....ugh! Poor old Colonel has the constitutional right to be the face-sittee but I retain the constitutional right to find it yucky. No wonder the Colonel is scatterbrained......

November 8th, 2008, 07:21
The only kind of egg on the Colonel's face would have already been digested.At first, funny as hell. On second thought, I really don't want to see brown runny eggs.....ugh! Poor old Colonel has the constitutional right to be the face-sittee but I retain the constitutional right to find it yucky. No wonder the Colonel is scatterbrained......It seems, Bob, that in your current self-admitted state of not having grown up, you are confusing rimming with scat, as another poster has put it elsewhere. When you reach adolescence give us a call and one of Our Resident Chicken Hawks will volunteer to educate you

sattahip-old
November 8th, 2008, 07:25
5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgentI should damn well hope so, Ron! I work very hard at being vacuous; but self-indulgence is not my only vice!

Who the fcuk is Ron? My name is Hugh Spring. Are u nuts as well as a twat, Homintern?

Brad the Impala
November 8th, 2008, 07:29

Who the fcuk is Ron? My name is Hugh Spring. Are u nuts as well as a twat, Homintern?

Are you sure that it isn't Hugh Arse, Ron?

November 8th, 2008, 07:42
5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgentI should damn well hope so, Ron! I work very hard at being vacuous; but self-indulgence is not my only vice!Who the fcuk is Ron? My name is Hugh Spring. Are u nuts as well as a twat, Homintern?Are you sure that it isn't Hugh Arse, Ron?I thought it might be Hugh Andcry, but surely the answer to his perfectly legitimate question is "You don't know that yet? Ask kotter - he can tell you"

sattahip-old
November 8th, 2008, 14:19
5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgentI should damn well hope so, Ron! I work very hard at being vacuous; but self-indulgence is not my only vice!Who the fcuk is Ron? My name is Hugh Spring. Are u nuts as well as a twat, Homintern?Are you sure that it isn't Hugh Arse, Ron?I thought it might be Hugh Andcry, but surely the answer to his perfectly legitimate question is "You don't know that yet? Ask kotter - he can tell you"

What a goose. Faced with a fact you invent a masturbatory fantasy. Once again, my name is Hugh Spring. I live in Ban Amphur near Pattaya and have spent the last 15 years retired in Thailand.

I do know the new owners of the Venue who asked me to settle the rumours about their new venture with my original post. If you are not too inept to PM me further evidence of your pig-headed stupidity can be provided.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 14:24
"What a goose. Faced with a fact you invent a masturbatory fantasy. Once again, my name is Hugh Spring. I live in Ban Amphur near Pattaya and have spent the last 15 years retired in Thailand. "

at our age that's all some of us have to look forward to these days....masturbatory fantasy :drunken:

November 8th, 2008, 14:30
"What a goose. Faced with a fact you invent a masturbatory fantasy. Once again, my name is Hugh Spring. I live in Ban Amphur near Pattaya and have spent the last 15 years retired in Thailand. "at our age that's all some of us have to look forward to these days....masturbatory fantasyWhat about that head job you promised me?!

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 16:18
well irish1972 you are on the ball as I've now heard it is definitely the 2 I thought it may be..and (despite them being English) these guys really know how to do things properly.

One has a great show biz experience and the other a highly succesful background in hotels and neither are likely to stint on quality. So don't expect the place to be done in a hurry as it will be done to perfection

I believe it's actually 3 shopfronts they have purchased and let's hope they can re-create the good vibes the old Icon had..I miss that joint. It was great fun. I reckon this will be the place that finally puts the Jomtien area on the map..(and with dear old Monty having paved the way..a man ahead of his time !)
:cheers: :cheers:

lonelywombat
November 8th, 2008, 16:26
I reckon this will be the place that finally puts the Jomtien area on the map..(and with dear old Monty having paved the way..a man ahead of his time !)

There are a lot of people who knock Monty few know how much he does for the unfortunate I don't class Monty as the
Mother Teresa of Pattaya, there are too many that drink in reserved tables in the Corner Bar in Sunee, who might lay claim to that expression

But he is a heart of gold guy who is a sucker for boys in need. I hate the cunts that critisise him

November 8th, 2008, 16:27
Oh dear sounds like Mr. O'Booze has hit the Nail on the head and rattled a few chains, now there having to regroup to try to take the sent off their Schizophrenic poster, who thinks he is a gift to literacy, and amusing but now we know he is just all drunken talk, in fact I'm sure very soon he will be shown the door and told never to Darken it again as before, when the very same happened with there last venture ICON. it wont be R.P its will be R.I.P.

Even though I use to Love ICON and have great fun there, with these new Lessees of the Bondi Property, but they do surround them selves with a few very Boring sycophants, a word used here before by one of your arch enemies.

No I can confirm satanichip is ********, as he is known on the dinner circuits, who is an intellectual whit well I use to think so, till he lowed himself to this low level, I hope this new venture is a Big success, I can tell you it will be, if one of the owners has his way, one thing he is a worker and what he does not know about getting a business off the ground is amazing, joking apart I do genuinely wish them very good luck and we do really need this second chance to have a good entertainment VENUE in Pattaya again, like the ICON idea, even though due to many things it did not continue. and I'm sure this will be every bit as good, but very different with the nasty lessons they learnt there. I'm sure it wont be full of lady Boys but handsome hunks, well if you want my advise to making it a hit, that's one thing in the original ICON they did well, then it all got watered down with disastrous consequences

{******** do it again and "let me tell you" will need another new handle - OK John - jinks}

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 16:32
lonelywombat..I can see you feel so strongly about Monty you are repeating yourself !!

yes underneath that mad old Monty lurks a heart of gold..despite the fact he actually looks like Mother Theresa !

incidently..what the fuck is a wombat ?. I went to one of those animal parks in Queensland once to see all those exotic animals and they were all so cute..koalas, kangaroos etc but the frigging wombat was inside it's cave and never came out !..no idea what it looks like.

November 8th, 2008, 17:22

anakot
November 8th, 2008, 18:48
A wombat is an animal that eats, roots, shoots and leaves.
Like yur average drongolian (Australian)...

November 8th, 2008, 19:11

but does it slowly

Wombats have an extraordinarily slow metabolism, taking around 14 days to complete digestion, which aids their survival in arid conditions

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 8th, 2008, 19:58

oh you people are so tasteless..I was referring to that obviously furry animlal that one only finds in Oz-not Homintern :pukeleft:

bao-bao
November 8th, 2008, 23:37
5000 odd posts nearly all vacuous and self-indulgentI should damn well hope so, Ron! I work very hard at being vacuous; but self-indulgence is not my only vice!Who the fcuk is Ron? My name isn ******. Are u nuts as well as a twat, Homintern?Are you sure that it isn't Hugh Arse, Ron?I thought it might be Hugh Andcry, but surely the answer to his perfectly legitimate question is "You don't know that yet? Ask kotter - he can tell you"

As long as we're this far off topic, how about this old prank? Not as cute as some joke names I've heard (Heywood Jablowme comes to mind) but still a good one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDPGU8DfDMk

November 9th, 2008, 11:27
... that neither sattahip nor kotter (either or both of whom who may or may not know someone called Ron Huge-Prick) have contributed in almost 24 hours

ServeUncutUncle-old
December 20th, 2008, 16:47
Seems the Venue is not going to be short of Money

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 056900.ece (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/city/article2056900.ece)

lonelywombat
December 20th, 2008, 16:58

There was an expression about failures in the UK sent to Hong Kong. Maybe you can remember it

anakot
December 20th, 2008, 18:57

There was an expression about failures in the UK sent to Hong Kong. Maybe you can remember it

Sorry can't help you there... as an expat Oz living in Hong Kong may be you can edjacate me...

Acutally intended as a joke about the behaviour of 'yur ave drongo' which I am sure you also intended.

Have a good one!