PDA

View Full Version : Murder in Pattaya/Jomtien..

catawampuscat
October 29th, 2008, 23:43
Last week, a farang and a boy he had 'offed' from a Pattayaland Soi 2 go go bar, were both
stabbed many times in a restaurant. Both were D.O.A.
Police are investigating this incident which occurred about a week ago but I only heard
about it tonite and don't recall seeing anyone posting about it.

Perhaps someone knows more and can enlighten us. :cat:

October 30th, 2008, 04:37
What means D.O.A? Sorry to ask I have no idea.

October 30th, 2008, 04:41

dead on arrival at hospital

October 30th, 2008, 08:35
any idea which restaurant?

October 30th, 2008, 11:09
News of this type would generally make the English language news (print and on line). I haven't seen any articles about such an event. Maybe just another of the many rumors that circulate around this town.

October 30th, 2008, 12:07
News of this type would generally make the English language news (print and on line). I haven't seen any articles about such an event. Maybe just another of the many rumors that circulate around this town.

Back in June catawampuscat made this post (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/7-gunshots-in-sunee-plaza-retraction-t15262.html) about a girl/woman who was shot 7 times and murdered near Minou Boy Bar. It turned out to be untrue.

Has catawampuscat been 'more careful' in reporting this time or just doing his bit to promote Thai tourism?

1PR4BKK
October 30th, 2008, 12:43
I did a media sweep earlier today from my office and could not find anything in the past month that remotely resembled the story for which you are inquiring. As I am in corporate communications and media relations, news sweeps are no big deal. However, I still used several resources, including some proprietary search software, and did not see anything. I am not saying this did not happen. However, if this type of crime did occur, I am sure it would have made the news in both Thai media as well as in the farang's home country.

I did find several stories about murders, drive by shootings and other crimes against tourists in Pattaya, which makes me a bit nervous about my upcoming trip to the LOS. I guess I will have to take the necessary precautions to ensure a great holiday (no jewelry wearing and carrying just enough money for a fun night on the town, etc, etc.).

If you do come across the story I would be interested in finding out where he was from and if they caught the culprits.

topjohn5
October 30th, 2008, 16:04

dead on arrival at hospital

this might sound stupid but what LOS stand for

Land of Smiles.....

October 30th, 2008, 16:14
Gra45

LOS = Land Of Smiles = Thailand

topjohn5
October 30th, 2008, 16:16
Gra45

LOS = Land Of Smiles = Thailand

Of course he is serious......he just joined 3 weeks ago.........

Marsilius
October 30th, 2008, 16:33
Interesting oddity... In 1929 the composer Franz Lehar - best known for The Merry Widow - wrote an operetta called The Land of Smiles. But the land in question was China.

According to the Wikipedia entry under the operetta's name, the title "refers to the Chinese custom of smiling, whatever happens in life. (The leading character, Prince Sou-Chong has a song early in the show, "Immer nur l├дcheln" ("Always smiling") which describes this.)"

While we all know that Thailand's elite are of Chinese descent, it seems rather odd, to say the least, that the "land of smiles" appelation has now been transferred to Thailand. Was it maybe a canny earlier piece of tourism marketing along the lines of the more recent "Amazing Thailand!"?

krobbie
October 30th, 2008, 16:56
... there was a very long period that there wasn't much at all to smile about in China. Perhaps they forgot how so the Thai marketing folk snapped it up. You know how clever the Thai can be at making money out of very little.

Cheers
krobbie

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 30th, 2008, 17:03

Back in June catawampuscat made this post (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/7-gunshots-in-sunee-plaza-retraction-t15262.html) about a girl/woman who was shot 7 times and murdered near Minou Boy Bar. It turned out to be untrue.

Has catawampuscat been 'more careful' in reporting this time or just doing his bit to promote Thai tourism?

I've crossed swords with Catawampus , but only on tastes in nightclubs. He's not the sort of person to purposely post inaccurate reports and he is generally on the ball about local Pattaya happenings. Let's not castigate someone who wants to bring us the latest reports just because he may have been incorrect in the past (and which he is the first to correct).

Sounds like a lover's tiff to me and murder is not the most unsual event. Remember..the much maligned LMTU was devestated when he his most beautiful boyfriend was shot in the head over a petty dispute in a karaoke bar ( right outside a popular Sunnee Plaza club)..with LMTU being summonsed urgently to Pattaya Hospital to assist, only to find he was to end up identifying his lover's body.

Life is cheap in Thailand and that was a killing totally unnoticed by the local media at the time.

October 30th, 2008, 18:36
Life is cheap in Thailand and that was a killing totally unnoticed by the local media at the time.

I hesitate to correct you and involve myself, but i remember the cctv pictures being displayed in the newspaper with detailed descriptions at great lengths - hardly unoticed.

catawampuscat
October 30th, 2008, 18:40
I do recall the "seven bullets" story and upon realizing that it was wildly inaccurate, I resinded
the story. Mea culpa
This story also surprised me that I hadn't heard anything or seen anything on local TV
but a reliable source was in the boy go go bar and many police detectives were there.
He asked a Thai friend he knows well and was informed that one of the boys was murdered
while eating in a restaurant about 10 days ago. The farang customer was also murdered.

I agree that a story like this should have made the news and it is suspicious that no one knows anything about it. Thanks to O'Booze for his kind words.
Since no one else heard about it, I am doubtful myself .. :cat:

Marsilius
October 30th, 2008, 19:12
Given the local media's poor editorial standards and propensity to be influenced in the direction of the rich, powerful or anyone prepared to put a little cash their way - not to mention Thailand's apparently strict laws on defamation - I am surprised that anyone would rush to judgement on the basis of a story's inclusion/non-inclusion therein.

Khor tose
October 30th, 2008, 19:22
Catawampus[/b] , but only on tastes in nightclubs. He's not the sort of person to purposely post inaccurate reports and he is generally on the ball about local Pattaya happenings. Let's not castigate someone who wants to bring us the latest reports just because he may have been incorrect in the past (and which he is the first to correct).

I could not agree more. In this country there is no telling what the authorities will decide to allow published or not published. All it would take is one higher up to tell the paper, "Don't print this, it will hurt tourism." and we would never hear about it. One of the most important reasons for reading these boards, (Other then the charm of it contribitors--of course.), is to be informed on what is happening in Thailand and in our community. I really do not care if someone occasionally gets it wrong, and I do appreciate what Cat does so well for this board.

Smiles
October 30th, 2008, 20:54
" ... Land of Smiles.....
Thai smiles? All 13 of 'em: http://www.into-asia.com/thailand/culture/smile.php (I don't doubt there's more).

Cheers ...

October 30th, 2008, 21:51
this might sound stupid but what LOS stand for

Lick Or Suck !

October 31st, 2008, 00:02
Mea culpa .... Since no one else heard about it, I am doubtful myself ..

"Mea culpa"? Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.

Maybe they were two of Cataonetopic's hidden fan club and he'll be missing a couple of votes next time; or maybe not.

topjohn5
October 31st, 2008, 03:43
Catawampus[/b] , but only on tastes in nightclubs. He's not the sort of person to purposely post inaccurate reports and he is generally on the ball about local Pattaya happenings. Let's not castigate someone who wants to bring us the latest reports just because he may have been incorrect in the past (and which he is the first to correct).

I could not agree more. In this country there is no telling what the authorities will decide to allow published or not published. All it would take is one higher up to tell the paper, "Don't print this, it will hurt tourism." and we would never hear about it. One of the most important reasons for reading these boards, (Other then the charm of it contribitors--of course.), is to be informed on what is happening in Thailand and in our community. I really do not care if someone occasionally gets it wrong, and I do appreciate what Cat does so well for this board.

ROFL :zha:

Khor tose
October 31st, 2008, 04:14
ROFL :zha:

This may be my turn to return the favor for telling us how to set up the opening page of SGT. This is an only in Thailand thing FYI. The sound of the Thai word for the numerial "5" is HAW like in heehaw. So instead of lol or ROFL we often use 555 or haw haw haw.

October 31st, 2008, 07:46
.... a reliable source was in the boy go go bar and many police detectives were there.
He asked a Thai friend he knows well and was informed that one of the boys was murdered.....

Ah ha. So the original source was a Thai (boy?) who may or may not have been reliable.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 31st, 2008, 08:51

I hesitate to correct you and involve myself, but i remember the cctv pictures being displayed in the newspaper with detailed descriptions at great lengths - hardly unoticed.

no need to hesitate and I stand corrected..I tend to avoid the tabloids and hope they'll avoid me.

just go to PattayaPeople and there are numerous tales of murder and mayhem in Pattaya.

Mind you..if a tale is recountered by a Thai, their vivid imaginations will embroider like no other. I remember about 5 years ago being in a Sunnee Plaza restaurant when a disturbance ocurred in another restaurant a few doors down which quickly built into a crowd scene and police sirens.

As dessert finally arrived reports came back after a couple of hours of the fight between the Belgium owner and his Thai chef lover over financial tensions which resulted in the Thai cutting the Belgium's throat..a blood soaked kitchen and the dead Belgian's body being flung into the back of police ute ( the favoured transport of the dead)..Thai lover cartered of in handcuffs etc etc. :cyclopsani:

The next night the Belgium was sitting up outside Krazy Pub having a gin & tonic with peter..a bandaid on his neck.

October 31st, 2008, 16:34
[quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":3t35ptna]I've crossed swords with Catawampus , but only on tastes in nightclubs. He's not the sort of person to purposely post inaccurate reports and he is generally on the ball about local Pattaya happenings. Let's not castigate someone who wants to bring us the latest reports just because he may have been incorrect in the past (and which he is the first to correct).[/quote:3t35ptna]I couldn't agree more. His brave postings pointing out that Pattaya really is the most boring place on earth are a breath of fresh air

ChrisUK
November 1st, 2008, 17:08
Last week, a farang and a boy he had 'offed' from a Pattayaland Soi 2 go go bar, were both
stabbed many times in a restaurant. Both were D.O.A.
Police are investigating this incident which occurred about a week ago but I only heard
about it tonite and don't recall seeing anyone posting about it.

Perhaps someone knows more and can enlighten us. :cat:

The Pattaya Today paper has its version of events in the current edition (1-15 Nov 2008), where the incident involved a guy from Laos, rather than a farang.

Online, the story is at: http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?a ... ws&id=3946 (http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=3946)

painai2
November 1st, 2008, 18:19
One of those killed had been offed from a bar. He had 3 stab wombs. The Lao customer had over 6 stab wombs. Gang warfare appears to have entered into the situation. The attacks took place in the restaurant, after they had left the bar. The other night undercover police were on Pattayaland 2 questioning different boys. It left everyone pretty shook up to say the least.

catawampuscat
November 1st, 2008, 19:26
whew!!
thanks Chris Uk and painai2.

I assumed the customer was a farang and not a man from Laos.
Perhaps the Asian nationality of the customer was the reason the story
didn't hit the English language TV news. Still, an ugly incident but very
rare and I feel safe in Pattaya/Jomtien.. but shit happens.. :cat:

November 2nd, 2008, 00:10

Unbelievable, even for Feles mala!! You assumed???

You knew nothing about the incident, from who was injured or killed to when, where, why or how, yet you assumed, again, that the rumours you had heard were correct and your "source" was "reliable" ???

From the report in Pattaya Today it appears that the two victims were "friends", not bar-boy and "customer", and that it was "another sad saga of gang warfare". Hardly the "lover's tiff" that Out to Lunch "assumed", based on what you had written - and he is hardly the one best suited to defend you, given his own all too hasty naming of the death of the wrong bar-owner in May.

On 2 July,( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 62-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/7-gunshots-in-sunee-plaza-retraction-t15262-15.html)) after reporting that " a girl/woman was shot 7 times and murdered near Minou Boy Bar.... there is reputed to be drug dealing ...About 30 or 40 police swarmed in soon thereafter and found the girl dead with 7 bullets in her" you wrote: "I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL WITH MY USUALLY RELIABLE SUNEE PLAZA SOURCES IN THE FUTURE...". WHEN ???

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum.

"shit happens" - Di! Feles mala! cur cista non uteris? stramentum novum in ea posui.

giggsy
November 2nd, 2008, 01:00
"STULTIOR STULTO FUISTI, QUI TABELLIS CREDERES.MAGNA RES EST VOCIS ET SILENTII TEMPERAMENTUM !"

"you are an idiot to trust what is written,the best thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet"

this reminds me of walking down beach rd and a young thai girl asking me if she could ask me a few questions,
"what about" i said .
"what country are you from" she said
"Spain" i said .
"Oh its ok,i cant speak your language" she said

moral ,if you dont want to be harrassed tell them your spanish

November 2nd, 2008, 01:34
Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse. Margaritas ante porcos for most here, giggsy!

When I used to be asked "What you work" I always replied that I was a forensic proctologist doing case studies.

catawampuscat
November 2nd, 2008, 08:59
we all know the one about curiousity and the cat..
Well, I unignored gone fishing and
now I know he is a hedda clone, if not the abomination himself.

A rather vicious response for a self admitted assumption. Most customers who "off"
bar boys in Pattaya are farangs, others are Asians, some are women and this is not
quite worthy of such harsh criticism.
I don't know the relationship between the customer and the boy, but was informed that
he had "offed" the boy. If they knew each other or not, it doesn't seem to be what is
important and what is important is that two men were murdered, stabbed and died.
gone fishing can try to show up how intelligent he is with his use of Latin and his self righteous indignation but it all comes across as hedda-shit to me and it is back to ignore for the
hedda clone and permanent status on ignore.
gone fishing can go spinning the truth and the facts, just like Fox Noise but both will end
up losers, talking to themselves.. :cat:

allieb
November 2nd, 2008, 11:59
Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse. Margaritas ante porcos for most here, giggsy!

When I used to be asked "What you work" I always replied that I was a forensic proctologist doing case studies.

I'm supprised you didn't correct them in your usual school mistress way and make them say what is your work? You also forgot to add anal retentive forensic proctologist.

Catawampuscat

Just ignore Gone Fishing. It's sad that a person thinks he is so intelligent and only has a gay chat forum to show off in. He's probably sitting in front of his computer with a pile of reference books and a large dictionry writing his shit. This must be the only place he can comunicate with the outside world.

catawampuscat
November 2nd, 2008, 13:19
thanks allieb and also the posters who choose to pm me with their thoughts.
It was the first time I received so many pm after a posting and even a couple of
invitations for a drink. :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 2nd, 2008, 17:43
"The Pattaya Today paper has its version of events in the current edition (1-15 Nov 2008), where the incident involved a guy from Laos, rather than a farang.
Online, the story is at: http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?a ... ws&id=3946 (http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=3946)"

forget your Latin..reading the link above I feel sure Damon Runyon has been re-born as a writer for pattayatoday. :clown:

November 2nd, 2008, 19:15
whew!!
thanks Chris Uk and painai2.

Perhaps the Asian nationality of the customer was the reason the story
didn't hit the English language TV news. Still, an ugly incident but very
rare and I feel safe in Pattaya/Jomtien.. but shit happens.. :cat:

Having got it wrong in the past, you sound more concerned for your reputation as a SGT poster than for the fate of the victims.

November 2nd, 2008, 20:38
If they knew each other or not, it doesn't seem to be what is
important and what is important is that two men were murdered, stabbed and died.gone fishing can go spinning the truth ....

OK, I'm back, no Latin, gloves off, speaking plain English that you and those who PM'd you with messages of support can understand:

You are a complete fucking idiot for writing, for the second time, about murders, real or imagined, which you knew nothing about and which had no connection with what you wrote.

The only one "spinning the truth" here is you, yet again.

Irish1972
November 2nd, 2008, 23:56
Can you "stay gone fishing" and sling your hook. I am sick and tired of having to "fish" through personal "Cat" fights between bitter queens who really should know better.

November 3rd, 2008, 01:27
If they knew each other or not, it doesn't seem to be what is important and what is important is that two men were murdered, stabbed and died.gone fishing can go spinning the truth ....You are a complete fucking idiot for writing, for the second time, about murders, real or imagined, which you knew nothing about and which had no connection with what you wrote.I guess Gone Fishing (sorry, Hedda) must be the murderer since he knows so much about them. However as there's a new incarnation (or is that hydra?) I'd better press {Ignore}

November 3rd, 2008, 07:28
Life is cheap in Thailand and that was a killing totally unnoticed by the local media at the time.Stay off the go-go boys for a week and you've probably saved up enough money to have me bumped off. Failing that, you wouldn't have much change left over after buying Doris lunch

November 3rd, 2008, 13:51
If they knew each other or not, it doesn't seem to be what is
important and what is important is that two men were murdered, stabbed and died.gone fishing can go spinning the truth ....

OK, I'm back, no Latin, gloves off, speaking plain English that you and those who PM'd you with messages of support can understand:

You are a complete fucking idiot for writing, for the second time, about murders, real or imagined, which you knew nothing about and which had no connection with what you wrote.

The only one "spinning the truth" here is you, yet again.

Spot on GF, I couldn't agree more with what you have said above. The people that get upset with what you, say in your posts, do so, because unlike them you only deal in the truth. Truth being a word by the way, that they never allow to get in the way of a good story or rumour about somebody.

Cheers,

George.

November 3rd, 2008, 14:08
Truth being a word by the way, that they never allow to get in the way of a good story or rumour about somebody.Surely a polished raconteur such as yourself, George, would see the attraction of that?

Brad the Impala
November 3rd, 2008, 20:05
What we do here is exchange gossip, opinions, information, and a few facts, often subjective ones.

If we are going to apply the same requirements to check the facts as a responsible newspaper would do, we might as well pack up and go home. Cat wrote about what he had heard. No names were mentioned and and no businesses were slurred. It turns out that some of what he told us was correct, and apparently not reported elsewhere, and some of it wasn't.

His sharing of speculative information does not justify the personal attacks.

Brad the Impala
November 3rd, 2008, 20:06
Duplicate post

November 3rd, 2008, 20:54
I was familiar with a Swiss/German guy who use to live in Mosaik Buildings Soi day and Night he had reputedly lost all his money in a stock market crash and jumped from jontium Towers.
To stop any other idiot doing the same I could at no time see it written about of mentioned in the Pattaya Press so you can see some things are with held in Pattaya.

catawampuscat
November 4th, 2008, 11:57
thanks Brad, but the truth and reason, never stopped those with agendas before and the truth
twisting and hate will continue. It is just the nature of open forums and anyone with
strong opinions better have thick skin or else go elsewhere..

The ignore feature on this forum is an ideal way to block out those one would ignore in person and since the moderators allow personal attacks, the ignore feature will continue to be my way
of responding to the attackers and they will continue to have their moments of glory and continue to suffer from erectile dysfunction and anal warts.. Lovely way to end this but it
is time to move and one can only hope the moderators will find it in their hearts to put this thread to bed and end it.. :cat:

November 4th, 2008, 14:29
the truth twisting and hate will continue.

Apparently so.

His sharing of speculative information does not justify the personal attacks.

Sorry, Brad, which particular "personal attacks" were you referring to?

I was the one somehow accused of "spinning the truth and the facts тАж twisting of the truth тАж pure bullshit", being " a nasty piece of work тАж way over the top with his bitching тАж a lowlife with an agenda тАж scum of the earth тАж a hedda clone, if not the abomination himself тАж. hedda-shit тАж and it is back to ignore for the hedda clone and permanent status on ignore", who is "just like Fox Noise but both will end up losers, talking to themselves".

And what "speculative information"?

This and the previous "murder" were posted as witnessed facts, even after doubts had been cast on them by others.

Do you seriously think Cc has stood by his undertaking that "I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL WITH MY USUALLY RELIABLE SUNEE PLAZA SOURCES IN THE FUTURE..." (his red and capitals, not mine)?

Maybe you could tell us whether the Thai victim in this incident, which appears to be gang related with no farang or gay overtones, actually is dead (a murder victim)? He was clearly not DOA, as reported.

This is the clearest case of argumentum ad hominem (lit: an argument against the man - directing an argument against an opponent's character rather than the subject at hand) I have ever seen here, although I can quite understand his trying anything to shift the spotlight and the blame away from himself - as I can the Corporal, allieb, yourself and 555 (elsewhere) being only too keen to assist, and his attempt to encourage the moderators to end what should be his shame. All I can say is that if this is the best you have to harass me with you are pretty poorly armed. I have recently been trying to treat you with a little more respect, as others had suggested - clearly I was misguided.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Brad, patientia nostra? (How long will you abuse our patience, Brad? Cicero - almost)

painai2
November 4th, 2008, 14:46
The moderator needs to close this thread. I look at this forum as a way to share information about what's happening in Thailand. However, this thread has gotten way out of hand. Somebody needs to end this thread.

lonelywombat
November 4th, 2008, 15:29
The moderator needs to close this thread. I look at this forum as a way to share information about what's happening in Thailand. However, this thread has gotten way out of hand. Somebody needs to end this thread.

I agree . All the worst features about Sawatdee have been aired in this thread

ES or Jinks please pull the plug.

Smiles
November 4th, 2008, 16:51
" ... The moderator needs to close this thread. I look at this forum as a way to share information about what's happening in Thailand. However, this thread has gotten way out of hand. Somebody needs to end this thread ... "
" ... All the worst features about Sawatdee have been aired in this thread
ES or Jinks please pull the plug ... "Nobody needs to end, or pull a plug on anything.

Lonelywombat and Painai2 are just prudes of the most censorious type who need to either develop a better understanding (and appreciation) of the kind of chaotic madhouse this Board can be, or go register with Pattaya Passion and be slowly bored to death. (That last dig was for 'Timetospeak').

Thank christ this Board has an Admin with a skerrick (SP?) of the Cosmic Giggle.

Cheers ...

November 4th, 2008, 17:53
Lonelywombat and Painai2 are just prudes of the most censorious type who need to either develop a better understanding (and appreciation) of the kind of chaotic madhouse this Board can be, or go register with Pattaya Passion and be slowly bored to death. (That last dig was for 'Timetospeak').Amen to that

November 4th, 2008, 19:25
skerrick

n (U.S., Austral., and N.Z.) a small fragment or amount (esp. in the phrase not a skerrick)
(C20: northern English dialect, probably of Scandinavian origin)

English Collins Dictionary - English Definition & Thesaurus Search Collins

And you complain about me!

January 8th, 2009, 08:08
Lonelywombat and Painai2 are just prudes of the most censorious type who need to either develop a better understanding (and appreciation) of the kind of chaotic madhouse this Board can be, or go register with Pattaya Passion and be slowly bored to death. (That last dig was for 'Timetospeak')

sorry. missed this nasty comment before. more of smiles crappy comments about a board he knows nothing about. why not see for yourself.

http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 8th, 2009, 08:18

don't shoot the messanger..even if he is imcorect sometimes !!

let's face it..these incidents are just as likely to happen and better we here it here first. Afterall.they may have complained about the service.