View Full Version : Server problem. Board will be off and on today.

elephantspike
March 21st, 2006, 01:16
I contacted my host. This is the response:

is the last response to your ticket:

We are currently aware of the issues on your server. We have had many
problems today with various server however most servers are now up and
running.

Though these servers are technically "up", many of these are running a
raid re-initialization to ensure file integrity which is necessary
whenever a server with raid
is shutdown unexpectedly.

If this is the case on your server, the process usually takes up to 24
hours and during this time you may experience intermittent down time as
the server load will be high.

We apologize for this inconvenience as well, however it is necessary to
ensure all of your files are stable and intact on the server drives.

We thank you for your patience during this time.

Well, in the meantime we can use the ezboard.

I'm getting the webmaster blues. If it's not Google's latest "Big Daddy" update loosing all my indexed pages, it's the country I'm promoting blocking my site, and now this.
:sad11: :banghead: :angryfire:

March 21st, 2006, 07:59
... the "off" fee for your server?

AMARETTO-old
March 21st, 2006, 13:37
:hello2:

Why they don't put a message informing people that there is some maintenance on this board? :angry4:

I was unable to log in on EZ board?? :dontknow:

I feel better this morning, because I can read and log in again.

:blob5: :blob:

elephantspike
March 21st, 2006, 20:26
There was no maintenance being done on this board. I alone control that. I do not control the server the board is on, though. It is controlled by my webhost, acenet inc. They have lots of websites other than this board on the same server, and there was apparently some emergency (hacker attack perhaps?) that necessitated the immediate shutdown of the server and subsequent retrieval of lost data from a backup.

This was as much a surprise not only to me, but also to acenet, as it was to any of you. It could not have happened at a worse time, but it all appears to be back to normal now.

Re: ezboard login- If you are registered as a local user (sawatdee forum member only) you login as yourusername@sawatdeeforum If you are a global user (ezboard-wide membership) you just login as yourusername

Smiles
March 21st, 2006, 21:32
Funny how all these little mini-disasters often happen in tandem . . . first Thailand censors go schizoid, then the server blows a gasket.
Next thing to happen will be Hedda deciding to re-enter the fray on Sawatdee ... which may trigger another 9.1 tsunami ~ this time straight up the Gulf of Thailand!! :bom: ... all of which precisely coinciding with my 4 short days visiting The Whorehouse.

It's almost poetic.

Cheers ...

March 21st, 2006, 21:58
Gawd. You'll be telling us it's a portent of your second cumming next. :flower:

55hic5