PDA

View Full Version : My first trip in December...suggestions please!

topjohn5
October 29th, 2008, 11:32
Well, I've made a few changes to my schedule (not that anyone is following my every move, hahahaha). I decided for a couple of reasons to skip the Philippines trip I had planned and just focus on Thailand. I will now be in Thailand for a full 5 and a half weeks from the 6th of December through January 14th! I was originally going to spend 3 weeks with a semi-bf (as we like to call each other) in the Philippines but instead now I'm going to fly him to Thailand for a two week vacation.
He is a fun Pinoy boy and never asks me for a dime. He deserves a good vacation. He landed a great job at only 21 as an accountant with big British/Canadian/American company. He is also a talented dancer (what a combo, a brain and an ass, lol). He's the marrying kind but a bit wild still (so was I at 21) so it should be a fun time. He has never been out of the the Philippines. Also, he has come out at work but not to his family yet so this will be the first time he has ever really been able to be openly gay and he is looking forward to the experiance. Oh yeah, he is not Catholic so he missed that whole guilt trip that it seems a lot of the Pinoy boys struggle with and, a nice plus for me, he speaks English very well.....
Oh, my God, what am I doing. It was going to be a quiet beach and city vacation in Boracay and Manila for 3 weeks and now it's going to be nearly a non-stop party.....eeeeekkkkkk!!! I'm gonna be exhausted after 5.5 weeks. I'm really not complaining mind you as I'm truly looking for a change of pace.
I will be alone (well, not alone really!) from the 6th until the night of the 24th. That time is split between BKK and Pattaya with side trips of course. Then, we'll be together for two weeks when he flies in to Bangkok. And, then I'll be alone again for the last week (7th -14th). Sounds perfect to me.....
Expect a big first timers trip report, if you can stand the sillyness! I guess after Wesley's report I can't be much more silly......
Anyway, we want to go to a semi-quiet beach getaway for a few days (3 maybe) to be alone after spending Christmas in Bangkok. Does anyone know of anything special going on in Bangkok on Christmas by the way? What do you think for a beach spot between Christmas and New Years? I am thinking Koh Samet as it is close or, maybe Koh Chang but that's a lot farther away for such a short trip. Any other ideas? We'll spend the New Years and several days in Pattaya before finishing up in Bangkok again. What is happening in Pattaya on New years? Any good parties and maybe a dinner somewhere? I'm a little late making these extra holiday reservations but since it is kind of slow this tourist season it appears there are still rooms available.

topjohn5
October 29th, 2008, 13:05
A couple of words of caution - 1. Have you got a visa to cover you for all that time, or are you planning visa runs? 2. Be aware that many Thais are not too keen on Filipinos (don't ask me why), and you may see a little friction sometimes, although I hope not.

Yes, I'm getting a 60 day visa ahead of time, but thanks for the reminder! Before I didn't need one but i do now......
My friend has had other Filipino friends come to Bangkok with no issues (they loved it especially the shopping, lol) but they weren't gay either so i don't know if that matters....I'm not going to mention it to him but thanks for the warning.....

netrix
October 29th, 2008, 13:18
el-duo are pinoy. you should definitely introduce your friend to
richard and dk.

topjohn5
October 29th, 2008, 13:23
el-duo are pinoy. you should definitely introduce your friend to
richard and dk.

Yes, i will. A week or two ago we chatted about El-duo and he hadn't ever heard of them. We both think the younger one is cute!

Wesley
October 31st, 2008, 09:07
I paid for one of the guys I knew here in the Philippins to go for 10 days, he had the time of his life and I dont think he will ever stop saying thankyou. Good for you, you are right he will have a great time, he will want to see everythign though. I assume he will take care of the sex while you are there and if so you can see it all with him, They just love the temples and stuff.

Have a good trip. I will follow your every move or as much as you will make public.

Wes