PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip Report (at least the first day)

October 29th, 2008, 08:43
Hey

Just got into BKK and thought I'd actually make a few posts this time around.

Flew EVA Elite (thanks to tips from board members) as I have for some time now. Their new 777/300 (If I got that right) are not quite as roomy as the old 747 and since the Elite class is to the right of the entry like cattle class, you now get to board last. No more welcome drink, menu, preflight hot towel. And only 2 restrooms. But still better servcie than the US carriers.

Highway tolls into town (sukhumvit area) have gone up slightly - used to be the first was 25 baht and the second toll 40 baht. The second has risen to 45bht.

Trying a brand new hotel on soi 19 called Sacha's Hotel Uno. Quuite nice for the price. Room is a bit on the small size but has a fantastic bed, free in-room internet access (or you wouldn't be reading this) widescreen plasma TV . . . and a 'rainshower' in a nice cubicle with one wall featuring blinds into the rest of the room. Looking forward to watching the shower action soon!

Mmmmm, and since there's already several subjects in this post I'll add one more: am now travelling with a MSI Wind netbook. Under 3lbs, 10.5" screen, runs Windows XP, and was able to load and run all of my programs (except Photoshop) with no problem. Keyboard is a bit small - so excuse any typos in this or other posts as my fat fingers tend to overstrike the keys.

I'll hit some bars tonight and give ya all an update on what I find (heavily filtered through my tastes).

camperboy
October 29th, 2008, 09:42
what!? i paid 70baht for toll just last week to airport! :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

camperboy
October 29th, 2008, 11:39
Yes that is right. 25 baht plus 45 baht (2 tollgates). Total = 70 baht.

oopss....silly me!! :drunken: :drunken:

Hmm my only regret is mistaking the 500baht note to a 50baht.... So i gave 2 hunreds 1 fifty and 1 five hundred to the cab driver... wad an expensive tip... :(

dab69
October 31st, 2008, 22:30
mistook a 1000bt for a 20 bt (similarly colored but larger) once giving to a beggar woman.
couldn't mistake the look on her face even though she tried not to react.
realized my mistake a couple seconds later

PeterUK
November 2nd, 2008, 10:58
realized my mistake a couple seconds later

And??? Did you then accept the situation philosophically and walk on, smiling at her good fortune? Did you hurry back and, apologising profusely, give her a smaller amount in exchange? Did you get into a fist fight with her when she refused to oblige? Talk about leaving out the best part of the story...

November 2nd, 2008, 11:09
And??? Did you then accept the situation philosophically and walk on, smiling at her good fortune? Did you hurry back and, apologising profusely, give her a smaller amount in exchange? Did you get into a fist fight with her when she refused to oblige? Talk about leaving out the best part of the story...What an extraordinary collection of vulgarity (apart from the first sentence). No gentleman would dream of doing anything at all, under the circumstances