PDA

View Full Version : Howards Guest House

October 28th, 2008, 15:38
How are the standard room at Howards ?? ( no VIP are available )

Marsilius
October 28th, 2008, 16:41
Avoid room 2 (I think) - the one at back left on the ground floor. A dark hell hole, with a window looking out at breeze blocks just a foot or two away.

bing
October 28th, 2008, 18:40
I was there for two weeks ending on May 22nd. The rooms are cleaned perfectly every day and the floor is mopped every day. The elevator is their big plus. The safe in my room was mounted on the floor and you have to bend over a lot to open it, as you have to reach the butons 4 to 6 inches off the floor. I was happy with Howards and will return on my next visit. There is a friendly atmosphere in the lobby and you don't have to worry about being accosted by freelancers. The guys are there but are friendly and not pushy at all. The really nice thing about Howards is its location. You can for example walk out of the Krazy Dragon or Top Man and be at Howards in two or three minutes of walking.

bing
October 28th, 2008, 19:15
No hon --- Howards is only two or three minutes, away ,, A seven minute walk will put you are the far side of Sunee. All is laid out close to Howards Guest House. You will be happy with your choice, if not, be sure to pass on what you did not like.

Marsilius
October 28th, 2008, 19:59
Au contraire... The answer is "yes" - Boyztown is about 10 minutes away (15 if you're slow or crossing the junctions and roads proves difficult).

Marsilius
October 28th, 2008, 23:43
Absolutely safe, I'd say - with a chance of meeting a new friend en route - but don't tempt fate by wearing a gold chain! Alternatively, selecting the cutest motorbike taxi driver is fun...

jimnbkk
October 29th, 2008, 00:10
Absolutely safe, I'd say - with a chance of meeting a new friend en route - but don't tempt fate by wearing a gold chain! Alternatively, selecting the cutest motorbike taxi driver is fun...

Absolutely? Have you recently crossed the street at Pattaya Tai and Second Road? That's always a risky exercise. And, I mean exercise too. You should run.

October 29th, 2008, 02:04
The cars will weave around you quite well when crossing the road, so just ignore them & walk.

bing
October 29th, 2008, 07:47
Silly me, thanks for the correction on Boystown. I was thinking Sunee and how close Howards is to Sunee. Personally when I go to Boystown I hop on the back of a motorbike most of the time and get whisked there in a minute for 20 or 30 baht. I took a motorbike the night of GPF dinner and arrived cool and refreshed as the moment I left my airconditioned room. Come to thnk of it I did not walk to or from Boystown the whole two weeks I was there. It is a safe walk but in the heat I would prefer a cheap motorbike ride.

October 29th, 2008, 20:59
having a hot thai guy's butt between my legs and having a good ride sounds well nice to me.

It is the luck of the draw when getting a hot Thai motorcycle driver. Most of them, (at least the guys I see) are not hot. If you do see a hot guy, you might not go with him unless it is his turn in the group of drivers.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 29th, 2008, 21:12
Is it pretty safe to walk alone ' although it probably wont happen ' ;-) from boyztown back to Howards at the end of the night or is it best to flag a taxi?

if you could find a frigging taxi but as you about 50,000 other people will be walking in the same direction you are pretty safe in a crowd.

"Being on the back of a Motorbike would only mess my hair up "..then do as Homintern does..take it off and put in your pocket until you get home.

October 30th, 2008, 03:01
"Being on the back of a Motorbike would only mess my hair up "..then do as Homintern does..take it off and put in your pocket until you get home. Would this be Homi's cunning disguise to avoid being spotted on those visits down to Pattaya?