PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemens club to reopen

lonelywombat
October 28th, 2008, 14:44
I got this by email It was posted on pattayapassion. This is cut and paste not my post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com/index.php ):
_____

I have just come from the old Gentlemen's Club -- a longtime gay establishment in the Pattayaland area. With a rich history of ownership (Jim of Ambiance Group owned it years ago), this landmark bar was a sad loss to the community. After an extensive interview tonight with the owner (the same gentlemen from before), I have learned that he plans to open again on November 1st. This time however, he is opening as an open air host bar -- with the same upstairs accommodation for convenience. He is remodeling the lower floor and outside to create a more "cafe" feel. The reason for the original closing was due to the police strike down, bribes, and inability to keep up with the fines. Much the same concerns that Sanuk was complaining about. Nonetheless, by changing the format (no longer a go-go bar), he can bypass much of the bureaucracy and just run the business. He did however, want me to reiterate that the bar is still for sale and if someone was interested -- he would entertain negotiations.

Nonetheless, for now, a gay Pattaya staple is back!

lonelywombat
October 28th, 2008, 17:41
Was this the bar with a somewhat dubious reputation? Or am I mistaken?

I don't think you are wrong at all

October 28th, 2008, 19:47
Was this the bar with a somewhat dubious reputation? Or am I mistaken?

I think the reputation was far from dubious, indeed it was a very strong reputation. However, it was the sort of reputation that could both attract and repel, depending on your proclivities.

October 28th, 2008, 19:58
The change will be a welcome addition in the area. There really isn't a nice outdoor bar on that soi.

catawampuscat
October 29th, 2008, 10:51
I have often thought a gay owned open air outside beer bar catering towards gay men was a good idea for the area.
Panorama, Oscars and Serene are good places for a rest and a drink and a break from
the go go boy bars.
None exist on the other two Pattayaland sois that cater to gay men.
Gentlemans Club can fill a need but some will be leery if the owner only offers
the same type of boys he featured from the old Gentlemans Club. Nothing wrong with them but
they only worked for those who appreciated those on the borderline of legal age and
tended towards the fem boys. Not that there is anything wrong with ladyboys, mind you,
but they are certainly not for everyone.
I wish GC good luck and will be a customer if they have a reasonable range of boy types
and reasonable pricing.
An open air boy beer bar would be a good idea on Pattayaland soi 2 as well... :cat: