PDA

View Full Version : High speed internet in Pattaya and Bangkok hotels

October 28th, 2008, 06:55
Looking for a hotel in Pattaya and Bangkok that provides high speed internet.
I read Ambiance has it...anyone use it and is it decent?
Im kinda budget conscious, so don't want a Marriot type place.

October 28th, 2008, 07:48
I regularly stay at the Ambiance and always used their wireless internet connection for business and pleasure.

I have found their cafe early in the morning a nice private place to work. Armed with my laptop and a cell phone, I can finish up on last minute projects that just don't seem to get done before I board the plane on holiday. Many don't realize I am away from the office. This can be good and bad.

An added benefit of working in the cafe is a nice espresso or two while working and the BF does not get disturbed from his beauty sleep.

The connection at the Ambiance is sufficiently robust to have allowed me to conduct online meetings using Powerpoint slides and video.

BTW, the Swiss Lodge and the Sukothai hotels in Bangkok also have good wireless systems.

Patexpat
October 28th, 2008, 10:10
Cafe Royal also wi-fi throughout ....

bing
October 28th, 2008, 19:28
If you are used to Vista in USA or anywhere else, be advised that almost all internet cafes and even business office at Dusit Thani, a high end resort, worth a visit just to see the inside waterfalls and frog pond. All seem to use Windows XP. I brought a U3 encoded jump drive, it was loaded up on Vista and did not seem to work perfectly on XP. It was not the end of the world, but it was not as perfect as advertized. Jump drives are nice for bringing stuff, but remember whatever you bring may be looked at by officials on re-entre into your home country. U3 is a nice addition to jump drives.

October 28th, 2008, 19:34
Twoguys guest house in Pattaya has free high speed wifi access.

If you dont want to stay there you can still use it if you purchase a drink or a meal.

October 29th, 2008, 06:22
If you are used to Vista

GOOD GOD, WHY WOULD ANYONE USE VISTA?!!?

Ahh, got that out of my system.

Bing is right.