PDA

View Full Version : Is this why Wes is in Pattaya NOW

rincondog
October 28th, 2008, 05:51
PATTAYA, Thailand тАУ More than 500 evangelical Christians from over 100 nations took part in a colorful and ethnically festive opening ceremony for the World Evangelical Alliance General Assembly in Thailand Saturday night.

http://christianpost.com/article/20081026/world-evangelical-assembly-opens-in-thailand.htm

October 28th, 2008, 06:41
PATTAYA, Thailand тАУ More than 500 evangelical Christians from over 100 nations took part in a colorful and ethnically festive opening ceremony for the World Evangelical Alliance General Assembly in Thailand Saturday night.

http://christianpost.com/article/20081026/world-evangelical-assembly-opens-in-thailand.htm

What the fuck is it with some of you guys? I have been in Wes's company on several occasions since he has been here, as have many others and I assure you, that we have not heard religion mentioned once by him, in any way, shape, or form. There would certainly be no neccessity for him to mention it on this forum, as it would appear the subject of religion is of far more importance to you and a couple of others here rincondog, than it seems to be to Wes and endorsed of course, by the amount of times it has been raised by you all lately, in comparison to him.

Let me tell you rincondog, as our old forum friend was often heard to say, I have partied with some of the very best in my time and believe me, Wes would hold his own in any of their company.

The guy is having a great vacation as well as having an absolute ball. Unlike some, whose sexual conquests only occur in their own minds, if anything, Wes has been extremely modest in his posts as to who and what he has been up to since his arrival here, believe me.

Is it possible that I detect an hint of envy or jealousy in some of the negative posts being made in relation to him, such as your own one above? No, surely that couldn't possibly be the case, must just be my imagination hey? http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Cheers,

George.

rincondog
October 28th, 2008, 09:01
George, you take yourself way too seriously, even for a pompous ass. Take your blood pressure medication and chill out.

Choc Dee

piston10
October 28th, 2008, 10:23
I think the responses of gra45 and George are a bit off the mark. I took it that rincondog's post was an ironic comment on Wes's statement in another thread that 'religion is the enemy of God and man'. Just a bit of fun, in fact.

October 28th, 2008, 12:01
Ones religion(or lack of) is usually a touchy subject and is one of those subjects that is best left alone. Wes seems like an allright guy and is having a great time and seems to be treating the boys respectfully. Theres no need or reason to jab at him. Go Wes!!!

Brad the Impala
October 28th, 2008, 12:45
Wesley first posted on these forums when he wanted to share a problem that he had with his employers at the time, regarding being gay. At the time his employers seemed to be an evangelical organisation, and his bete noir was The Bishop.

I am pleased for him that he has moved on, but this might explain the references that have been made in this and other threads.

PeterUK
October 28th, 2008, 14:15
I think the responses of gra45 and George are a bit off the mark. I took it that rincondog's post was an ironic comment on Wes's statement in another thread that 'religion is the enemy of God and man'. Just a bit of fun, in fact.

I agree. It seems to me that the presence or non-presence of irony causes more misunderstandings on message boards than almost anything else. In 'real' life it is usually easy to pick up on whether someone we are talking to is intending irony or not - tone of voice, facial expression and so on - but on message boards even the more intelligent members can be fooled and there might be a cultural element too in that people from particular countries seem less able to 'get' irony than others. Perhaps using emoticons more often would help, though that always feels like a cop-out to me - we should be able to express ourselves clearly with words alone. In any event, let's at least pause for a few moments to consider whether we have got the wrong end of the stick before leaping in with angry responses.

Wesley
October 28th, 2008, 14:58
However, honestly I am having such a hoot of a time, when I saw it made me laugh out loud, literally, I had read in another post some time ago they were going to be here and wondered when they would get around to me. Talk about conspiracy theories.

Well, you are partially right. The evangelicals and I are in town at the same time, I assure you they are not helping me chase any boys down or hold them as captive while I carry out all my religious fetishism with boys.

Good one Ring Dog, it is amazing how much your dog looks like the one that sleeps at the door of Two guys guesthouse.

But all that other stuff was settled more than 10 years ago now and I came out smelling like a boys ass. I keep the smell around to remind me of how wonderful Pattaya really is and the wonderful land of Smiles where prejudices and the such are left at the airport and people like me and you can enjoy the wonderful life style the Buddhist have preserved for us.

So, for the last 10 years I have openly and publicly been in long-term great relationships as well as spending as much time here as I can.

If others are jealous of my ability to enjoy life as it comes with remaining self esteem in tact and every opportunity to explore the work I love the most. I remain happy at what I do, the kids are happy and the church is happy with me just as I am.

As to any reference to religion, one of the great philosophers of the Jewish faith said, the world hates God because of our religion. Religion is and has been the enemy of men and has created and carried out atrocities of which none of the original people who began the religion would approve of. It was religion not the belief in your own style of God that perverts truth and turns the truth into a lie for their own gain of men in high places.

Thus, a Book written by Dietrich Bonheoffer written as a neo-orthodox theologian in the 18th century that propagated the new thought that Christianity in its true form is not a religion but a way of life just as the Buddhist live their belief so, Christianity in its true form, is a way of life, not a religion. The truths being perverted by men in seek of power over other men.

So, I am one of those that believe my relation ship with God is personal and far reaching to my inner self in which I am transformed from the old into the new. If you look at either of the great religions you will find they have been hijacked by people and perverted into something made like men not god. Since Buddhist seek enlightenment not the law so they have to some degree achieved that which others did not. In that that the will of a man is perverted by laws written for man by men and not God. The path to God can be found in many ways none of which are perfect but all of which have their own merit if looked at in its original form.

So with an open mind I went home with the 38 year old guy again last night and at 4:30 he left so that he would be able to go to the Temple to pray today. The freedom of free thought, even to be religious should never be a means to pervert the reason for the forum, Smiles , I remember well, began this so that we could be whoever we are and offer our thought on every subject with out fear of being over moderated.

If you want me to go away, then why not just come out and say so. why hide behind cowardly pot shots at my way of life and my personal reasons for living in third world countries when I could be home watching TV and going to LOS occasionally. I retired when I was 45 for a year and found it to be a miserable existence with put purpose. So, I do now what I do rather than sitting in a chair watching re-runs of Gun smoke.

So, do I believe in God then yes, do not push my beliefs on others. Do I live my life for me and what I can do for others then yes. Is all this relevant to the evangelicals he now then No. if I can find them I will assure you there is the usual percentage of gay guys in the group. Religion is no more immune to being gay than any other way of life.

But what ever your reasons for the post, in jest of your UN abiding love for me. I assure you I am here for the same reason everyone else is. boys boys boys. Simple, so simple a child can understand it.

All the best,

Wesley

October 28th, 2008, 15:10

Well thanks for the explanation piston10, it now explains everything to me. If rincondog was using irony as you believe he was, Homitern will endorse the fact that as I am devoid of any sense of humour, I now know why his comments so obviously flew over the top of my head, at several thousand feet.

By the way rincondog, for the record I am not on any hypertension medication, so am unable to take any and as far as your advice for me to chill out goes, you may be surprised to learn that if I were any more laid back than I am, I would need a mattress strapped to my back. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/rasta.gif

With regard also to your comments about my being a pompous arse, I couldn't agree with you more. Although I have always considered that being as such, to be one of my better qualities in comparison to other traits of mine; such as my obnoxiousness; my arrogance and not forgetting of course, my having an enormously over inflated ego. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/sifone.gif

Wesley first posted on these forums when he wanted to share a problem that he had with his employers at the time, regarding being gay. At the time his employers seemed to be an evangelical organisation, and his bete noir was The Bishop.

I am pleased for him that he has moved on, but this might explain the references that have been made in this and other threads.

Thanks for the explanation Brad, Wes had mentioned to me that little problem, which he had had in the past. I can assure you that he really has moved on big time since those days and now only answers to the Fallen One. Not a lot of difference to answering to the Bishop I guess, but as well as getting the chance to have a little more fun than he ever got with his previous boss, he also has the opportunity of joining fellow worshipers of his new boss who also believe in a Supreme Being. Well that is provided he isn't blackballed in the process of course. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

Cheers,

George

bing
October 28th, 2008, 19:11
One of the inspiring things I observed this past trip was that my Thai Friend who is now 30 years old, when he climes in bed, kneels down by the pillow with hands folded on the matress and head bowed down. He prays for less than a minute. Then is ready to play with me for the rest of the night. The second night of no sleep with him, I told him to stay away the next night as I really need some sleep. He he he. He did not drag me to a temple this visit, but I imagine we will wind up at one again in the future. While eating at White Nights we were given an envelope with Thai note on it. I put it off to the side not being able to read Thai. My friend picked it up and read it with care then he lowered his voice and leanded close to me and said this is a famous Wat, that needs some finaces to help rebuild. Personally, I would have put the envelope aside and gone on with supper, but being in my sensitive mode toward my Thai friend, I tucked 100 baht into it and slipped it back to the waiter. By the way the waiter who took care of us was cute as a button amd took outstanding care of us.

Khor tose
October 28th, 2008, 19:47
Thus the Book written by Dietrich Bonheoffer written as a neo-orthodox theologian in the 18th century that propagated the new thought that Christianity in its true form is not a religion but a way of life just as the Buddhist live their belief so, Christianity in its true form, is a way of life, not a religion. The truths being perverted by men in seek of power over other men.

Sorry Wesley, I like what you said, and I kind of agree. However, Dietrich Bonhoeffer(you spelled it wrong) was not 18th century. He was an outstanding German Theologian during the early to the mid twentieth century, who opposed the Nazis. He was part of the part to kill Hitler and was imprisoned and executed for his part in that plot.

Allow me to give you a quote by him that sums up much of what is said in this thread, and hopefully make you feel better about your small mistake.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.

bao-bao
October 28th, 2008, 21:59
While eating at White Nights we were given an envelope with Thai note on it. I put it off to the side not being able to read Thai. My friend picked it up and read it with care then he lowered his voice and leanded close to me and said this is a famous Wat, that needs some finaces to help rebuild. Personally, I would have put the envelope aside and gone on with supper, but being in my sensitive mode toward my Thai friend, I tucked 100 baht into it and slipped it back to the waiter. By the way the waiter who took care of us was cute as a button amd took outstanding care of us.

Not trying to be too cynical here I had to laugh when I read this and wondered if the note actually read something more like this:

тАЬHey, listenтАж my regular falang is off at some tourist thing tonight and IтАЩm out tonightтАЩs fee. If you can get your guy to chip in to help cover the loss, IтАЩd appreciate it. I've already gotten four others to kick in 100. Tell him itтАЩs some charity thing, because it is. Thanks!тАЭ

It would certainly fit in with some of the other tales shared here! :cheers:

Wesley
October 29th, 2008, 04:12
[
quote="Khor tose"]
Thus the Book written by Dietrich Bonheoffer written as a neo-orthodox theologian in the 18th century that propagated the new thought that Christianity in its true form is not a religion but a way of life just as the Buddhist live their belief so, Christianity in its true form, is a way of life, not a religion. The truths being perverted by men in seek of power over other men.

Sorry Wesley, I like what you said, and I kind of agree. However, Dietrich Bonhoeffer(you spelled it wrong) was not 18th century. He was an outstanding German Theologian during the early to the mid twentieth century, who opposed the Nazis. He was part of the part to kill Hitler and was imprisoned and executed for his part in that plot.

Allow me to give you a quote by him that sums up much of what is said in this thread, and hopefully make you feel better about your small mistake.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.[/quote]

Actually you are quite right, I un-like other donot spend a lot of time researching my post, It was 30 years ago I read the book religion less Christianity by Bonheoffer, My spell check changed it so I didnтАЩt argue. I could not agree more tomorrow as I just left a 20 year old and a lot of alcohol, so best not to go to much into detail. But the whole book describes the religion less of true Christianity or any other religion for that matter. forgive me if the 30 years of time in reading the book and writing about it was a bit out of the time slot. As I remember I saw mostly the 19th century theologians that changec the tide and led to Martin Luther and the nailed thesis on the wall than it is by grace not law that changes man. I if I made a mistake with 30 year old book I have not picked up in 20 years then I did not feel too bad.

I do think he was on to some deep and residing insight not religion and man. Knowledge is not the end of all things but certainly people like him who began to think out side the normal orthodoxy that let to the reformation and a new era for grace not law. So to him I owe a lot of my thought if you read the whole book not just the synopsisтАЩs of the book you will find tid bits that will lead to much enlightenment and knowledge of good and evil and the law and grace.

You are a wise man, if I were not so Busy with the buys maybe I should have researched his thesis better.

All the best!

Wes

catawampuscat
October 29th, 2008, 11:13
Many of us grew up in cultures that featured religion as the absolute final and true word.
Of course, homosexuality was despised and homosexuals were criminals and going to hell
in a handbasket. Masturbation was a sin and so were sexual thoughts.

Of course, some religions attracted homosexuals in great numbers and many are now the
priests and cardinals in their pretty red frocks but they caused many of us great problems
and filled our lives with guilt.
Men can have their superstitutions and always will but men created these religions for their
own purposes and gay men and all women have been victims more often than not.
Some men have used religion to abuse others sexually and hold sway over them..SExual
repression is another bad idea cooked up by other repressed men.

Religion should be a private affair and should not be used by posters to attack others,
even if the hypocracy makes some of us cringe, it isn't any of our business.
I only have contempt for organized Judeo/Christian religions and agree with old Karl,
that 'religion is the opiate of the masses', but to each his own. :cat:

topjohn5
October 29th, 2008, 11:40
However, honestly I am having such a hoot of a time, when I saw it made me laugh out loud, literally, I had read in another post some time ago they were going to be here and wondered when they would get around to me. Talk about conspiracy theories.

Well, you are partially right. The evangelicals and I are in town at the same time, I assure you they are not helping me chase any boys down or hold them as captive while I carry out all my religious fetishism with boys.

Good one Ring Dog, it is amazing how much your dog looks like the one that sleeps at the door of Two guys guesthouse.

But all that other stuff was settled more than 10 years ago now and I came out smelling like a boys ass. I keep the smell around to remind me of how wonderful Pattaya really is and the wonderful land of Smiles where prejudices and the such are left at the airport and people like me and you can enjoy the wonderful life style the Buddhist have preserved for us.

So, for the last 10 years I have openly and publicly been in long-term great relationships as well as spending as much time here as I can.

If others are jealous of my ability to enjoy life as it comes with remaining self esteem in tact and every opportunity to explore the work I love the most. I remain happy at what I do, the kids are happy and the church is happy with me just as I am.

As to any reference to religion, one of the great philosophers of the Jewish faith said, the world hates God because of our religion. Religion is and has been the enemy of men and has created and carried out atrocities of which none of the original people who began the religion would approve of. It was religion not the belief in your own style of God that perverts truth and turns the truth into a lie for their own gain of men in high places.

Thus, a Book written by Dietrich Bonheoffer written as a neo-orthodox theologian in the 18th century that propagated the new thought that Christianity in its true form is not a religion but a way of life just as the Buddhist live their belief so, Christianity in its true form, is a way of life, not a religion. The truths being perverted by men in seek of power over other men.

So, I am one of those that believe my relation ship with God is personal and far reaching to my inner self in which I am transformed from the old into the new. If you look at either of the great religions you will find they have been hijacked by people and perverted into something made like men not god. Since Buddhist seek enlightenment not the law so they have to some degree achieved that which others did not. In that that the will of a man is perverted by laws written for man by men and not God. The path to God can be found in many ways none of which are perfect but all of which have their own merit if looked at in its original form.

So with an open mind I went home with the 38 year old guy again last night and at 4:30 he left so that he would be able to go to the Temple to pray today. The freedom of free thought, even to be religious should never be a means to pervert the reason for the forum, Smiles , I remember well, began this so that we could be whoever we are and offer our thought on every subject with out fear of being over moderated.

If you want me to go away, then why not just come out and say so. why hide behind cowardly pot shots at my way of life and my personal reasons for living in third world countries when I could be home watching TV and going to LOS occasionally. I retired when I was 45 for a year and found it to be a miserable existence with put purpose. So, I do now what I do rather than sitting in a chair watching re-runs of Gun smoke.

So, do I believe in God then yes, do not push my beliefs on others. Do I live my life for me and what I can do for others then yes. Is all this relevant to the evangelicals he now then No. if I can find them I will assure you there is the usual percentage of gay guys in the group. Religion is no more immune to being gay than any other way of life.

But what ever your reasons for the post, in jest of your UN abiding love for me. I assure you I am here for the same reason everyone else is. boys boys boys. Simple, so simple a child can understand it.

All the best,

Wesley

Well Wesley, I think you gave the folks in town a whole new meaning to their terms "backsliding" and "laying on of hands"! :cheers:

Wesley
October 29th, 2008, 14:04
Religion should be a private affair and should not be used by posters to attack others,
Even if the hypocrisy makes some of us cringe, it isn't any of our business.
I only have contempt for organized Judeo/Christian religions and agree with old Karl,

The reason I say in much of my post that religion is bad but the original premise or thought may have been good. Men out of greed and perversion created laws and religion to control the masses. It does not make JC wrong only those that perverted the truth.

As to Back sliding , my dear Top John, I have yet to consider my self to be in that category although some would think so. I think I was enlightened to the truth and set out to do what I do with or with out the church. if they want to help I will take their help if the fallen one as George puts it wants to help. Then I will take a check from him as well.

I am as far away from the main teaching of the church as anyone can get and still be accepted and close enough to God to know he is real enough for me. Who God is and in what form I have yet to decide. I am sure that religion is our problem not the original thought or premise.

There for me is only one law, to love God love your neighbor as your self and you have fulfilled the law of God and the prophets. Such a tall order yet so simple a child can understand it.

As to attacks I think there is enough vitriol going around to cover almost every poster here, so If I get attacked it becomes a misnomer for me in as much as I realize there may be alternative reasons for the attack

Wes

topjohn5
October 29th, 2008, 15:58

The reason I say in much of my post that religion is bad but the original premise or thought may have been good. Men out of greed and perversion created laws and religion to control the masses. It does not make JC wrong only those that perverted the truth.

As to Back sliding , my dear Top John, I have yet to consider my self to be in that category although some would think so. I think I was enlightened to the truth and set out to do what I do with or with out the church. if they want to help I will take their help if the fallen one as George puts it wants to help. Then I will take a check from him as well.

I am as far away from the main teaching of the church as anyone can get and still be accepted and close enough to God to know he is real enough for me. Who God is and in what form I have yet to decide. I am sure that religion is our problem not the original thought or premise.

There for me is only one law, to love God love your neighbor as your self and you have fulfilled the law of God and the prophets. Such a tall order yet so simple a child can understand it.

As to attacks I think there is enough vitriol going around to cover almost every poster here, so If I get attacked it becomes a misnomer for me in as much as I realize there may be alternative reasons for the attack

Wes

Well Wesley, I think you gave the folks in town a whole new meaning to their terms "backsliding" and "laying on of hands"!

Wes, I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood my humor.......
The sentence was not a condemnation of you Wes.......far from it! It was a joke aimed at over zelous fundamentalist folks in town.....those are the folks I was referring too. I was using those two fundamentalist religious terms (and I know them from my own background and I felt you would understand them too....which you did, lol) and giving them a different connotation, one of sexual inuendo. By "backsliding" I was alluding to a totally sexual function of sliding an organ on ones back side and not the religious use of the word. And, "laying on of hands" was alluding to a boy or man massaging you with their hands and not the religious use of the word. I was a little too subtle I think.......
I apologize truly. If you have to explain the joke it's no longer very funny, lol.

October 29th, 2008, 16:26
Well Wesley, I think you gave the folks in town a whole new meaning to their terms "backsliding" and "laying on of hands"!I wonder if Dietrich Bonheoffer would agree that God made Wesley a homosexual? But then I'm reminded PeterUK has the same bizarre notion - that there is a God. With all of the crap that Wesley posts justifying the existence of a God (thankfully I have him on {Ignore} but others will insist on quoting him), it's no wonder that Gautama said that such activity was idle speculation, and merely a source of frustration
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15886.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/the-four-noble-truths-of-peteruk-and-others-t15886.html)

Wesley
October 29th, 2008, 18:56

Wes

Well Wesley, I think you gave the folks in town a whole new meaning to their terms "backsliding" and "laying on of hands"!

Wes, I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood my humor.......
The sentence was not a condemnation of you Wes.......far from it! It was a joke aimed at over zelous fundamentalist folks in town.....those are the folks I was referring too. I was using those two fundamentalist religious terms (and I know them from my own background and I felt you would understand them too....which you did, lol) and giving them a different connotation, one of sexual inuendo. By "backsliding" I was alluding to a totally sexual function of sliding an organ on ones back side and not the religious use of the word. And, "laying on of hands" was alluding to a boy or man massaging you with their hands and not the religious use of the word. I was a little too subtle I think.......
I apologize truly. If you have to explain the joke it's no longer very funny, lol.

Got ya Top John, I assume the "Top" is for a reason, God help youir backsklidings while you are here as well.

Wes

October 30th, 2008, 00:35
.... on message boards even the more intelligent members can be fooled ....

I know these things are comparative but you are, presumably, talking about members of other message boards?