PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Airfares Sale from USA...from January 14, '09

travelerjim
October 27th, 2008, 09:07
For those looking for airfares to Bangkok from the USA...
my favorite website is at Best Travel Store:

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=10&PageID=10

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?Cat ... AreaID=0_2 (http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=10&PageID=10&GeoAreaID=0_2)

"Early bird specials to Asia for WINTER 2009 travel have just been released for a limited time only.
These fares happen very rarely so don't wait; book now and SAVE with huge discounts.
Hurry, sale ends October 28!"

BANGKOK (plus taxes & fuel surcharges)
SALE ENDS OCTOBER 28
from Los Angeles $590*
from San Francisco $573*
from New York $694*
from Washington D.C. $694*
from Chicago $685*
from Boston $694*
from Minneapolis $685*
from Portland $638*
from Denver $711*
from Las Vegas $638*

The airfares are going down after January 14th...2009...
plan ahead now for your travels...

Enjoy!

TJ

francois
October 27th, 2008, 09:46
Am I wrong, but the surcharges seem to double the price?

travelerjim
October 27th, 2008, 10:02
Here is an example of the airfare sale from Los Angeles to BKK...

DEPART: Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Northwest 1 (LAX) Los Angeles-LAX, CA, USA (NRT) Tokyo-Narita, Japan Boeing 747-400
Wed, Jan 14 11:35 AM 4:15 PM (next day) STOPS: 0
11.40 hrs Economy
5458 mi
Northwest 21 (NRT) Tokyo-Narita, Japan (BKK) Bangkok, Thailand Airbus A330-300
Thu, Jan 15 7:00 PM 12:30 AM (next day) STOPS: 0
7.30 hrs Economy
2869 mi
RETURN: Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Northwest 22 (BKK) Bangkok, Thailand (NRT) Tokyo-Narita, Japan Airbus A330-300
Wed, Jan 28 6:00 AM 1:50 PM STOPS: 0
5.50 hrs Economy
2869 mi
Northwest 2 (NRT) Tokyo-Narita, Japan (LAX) Los Angeles-LAX, CA, USA Boeing 747-400
Wed, Jan 28 3:35 PM 8:05 AM STOPS: 0
9.30 hrs Economy
5458 mi
FARE DETAILS
ADULT 1x 590 USD
TAXES 1x 426 USD
GRAND TOTAL: 1016 USD

dab69
October 27th, 2008, 10:22
fuel surcharges when prices for fuel are WAY down?

travelerjim
October 27th, 2008, 10:54
fuel surcharges when prices for fuel are WAY down?

YEP! The airlines are SLOW to reduce the fuel charges
so long as they keep the planes full...
as they are now.

Watch for changes though...
as competition forces them to reduce the fuel surcharges.

Thai Air recently posted some reductions...
but others are wanting to keep the additional fees for themselves.

Sad ..but true!

The airlines are in control...no mandate to reduce the surcharges..
"Up to Them"!

TJ

painai2
October 27th, 2008, 11:15
What is the maximum stay for the tickets? Also, are the tickets flexible? That is, can you change the dates and, if so, what is the change fee? Also, can you use miles to upgrade?

netrix
October 27th, 2008, 11:50
you can get a flight for as soon as a week from now at bookingbuddy.com and compare prices for less than those
discount promotions months out after all the charges.

a flight for less than a thousand bucks can be had next week
all total from lax on vayama.com. this special at bt store for
next feb is almost $500 more!

travelerjim
October 27th, 2008, 12:09
you can get a flight for as soon as a week from now at bookingbuddy.com and compare prices for less than those
discount promotions months out after all the charges.

a flight for less than a thousand bucks can be had next week
all total from lax on vayama.com. this special at bt store for
next feb is almost $500 more!

Netrix...

It is good to shop around for the best and lowest fares to suit you...

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR INFO and websites you use.

TJ

travelerjim
October 27th, 2008, 12:13
What is the maximum stay for the tickets? Also, are the tickets flexible? That is, can you change the dates and, if so, what is the change fee? Also, can you use miles to upgrade?

From my experiences...

Not upgradeable...

Usually $225.00 to change...but check with Best Travel.

tickets usually good for 180 days...

BUT to be sure to check the rules when you select a fare and airline...
from pop up window which will give you the fare rules.

TJ

October 27th, 2008, 13:09
For those prices, you might also check EVA or Cathay Pacific if they service your area. After 15 years of using NWA faithfully and seeing the way they raised the fares, reduced seats for use of your frequent flyer miles, I have given up on them. That Airbus they use between Tokyo and Bangkok is the most uncomfortable plane around - should be banned for long distance service. IMHO the only really comfortable long distance plane they have is the reliable 747-400 and that was always full on the BKK - Tokyo segment.

BOO to Airbus!!

October 27th, 2008, 22:03
I would ditch Thai Air especially from London, Eva Air at the moment far cheaper by 50% and more - Thai want nearly UK900-1000 for a ticket London BKK London, Eva is around UK 650 - that seems to be conistent whenever you fly, I think there are a few special offers with Thai in the UK 600 range but dates are limited. I don't know how they have the nerve, their aircraft are in need of being renewed/updated. The sad thing is there flights are (or were) always full, so I suspect people must be paying the price.

October 28th, 2008, 07:23
I agree EVA prices beat Thai Air every time I check, by a wide margin.

bing
October 28th, 2008, 18:26
It has been a while since you have posted, and it is good to see you are still looking for good deals. I Appreciate your efforts.

Sen Yai
October 29th, 2008, 15:06
I would ditch Thai Air especially from London, Eva Air at the moment far cheaper by 50% and more - Thai want nearly UK900-1000 for a ticket London BKK London, Eva is around UK 650 - that seems to be conistent whenever you fly, I think there are a few special offers with Thai in the UK 600 range but dates are limited.

As usual, I disagree with the wisdom of WhiteDesire. I don't buy my TG tickets in GBP but if you enter almost any dates in the next six months (xmas and new year peak season excepted) in www.thaiair.com (http://www.thaiair.com) for the LHR-BKK-LHR route, you should get a price of GBP660 approx, which is a Q-class fare that earns full FF points too.

October 29th, 2008, 21:16
I would ditch Thai Air especially from London, Eva Air at the moment far cheaper by 50% and more - Thai want nearly UK900-1000 for a ticket London BKK London, Eva is around UK 650 - that seems to be conistent whenever you fly, I think there are a few special offers with Thai in the UK 600 range but dates are limited.

As usual, I disagree with the wisdom of WhiteDesire. I don't buy my TG tickets in GBP but if you enter almost any dates in the next six months (xmas and new year peak season excepted) in www.thaiair.com (http://www.thaiair.com) for the LHR-BKK-LHR route, you should get a price of GBP660 approx, which is a Q-class fare that earns full FF points too.

Erm, mr know it all then eh, however, it was tongue and cheek with regard to not using Thai because of the price, it is annoying, but you get the drift. Now with regard to the actual price. I have searched two sites ebookers and airline network and they both come up with ┬г900 odd for dates which I plugged in, which were 1, 8, 10 April 2009, which isn't exactly in season is it? March is cheaper, I don't know why. Similarly, February options are coming up in the region of ┬г641.

jonwesley
October 29th, 2008, 21:44
Thanks for the link TavelerJim

I just cleared some time off from work for a couple of weeks over the new year and havenтАЩt had a chance to get to my travel agent yet which usually gets me my best fares on airlines I know but put in my date bt.com and they gave a good fare on Royal Jordanian

Has anyone had any experience with them?

October 30th, 2008, 13:38
I realize I should not blame Airbus for NWA's choice of seats but it seems to be a pattern. I made several trips on Thai from New York on the non-stop (Airbus) and the seats were made for midgets. I am only 5-11 with long legs but the seats were not that comfortable. Plenty of leg room but what I could not understand was why the seats in Premium Economy did not recline any more than in economy in spite of the extra six inches or so leg room - and $400. Tried to ask customer service about this but got a typical T.I.T. answer.

Also have found that Delta (which just took over NWA) had very uncomfortable seats even in Business and First Class but those were on MD 11's - not the size of the seats but the seat cushions themselves - could not get comfortable at all. Similar to sitting on a board with a piece of foam over it. Maybe if I had more padding on my bottom..............................!

Anybody besides me have similar problems?

Impulse
November 4th, 2008, 03:11
Thanks Jim for the info.I found a flight for $1166.New york-detroit-tokyo-bkk. A good deal but when I enter my password it says invalid. Also I have called their number at bt store on Saturday and today(Monday),and they say they are closed. I might go for another deal which is $ 1270,hope its still there.

November 4th, 2008, 08:13
i bought a ticket on China Airlines directly from their website for $1027 out of San Fran leaving Nov 8th. (Same price out of LA, its just easier getting around SFO then LAX) This will be my first experience with China. Had to wait til the last minute to buy due to circumstances at work. Hope I made the right choice. I got to pick my seat and it appears the plane is MAYBE half full.

November 5th, 2008, 08:48
Though these days I stick with EVA and their Elite class service ($1,200 - $1,500 from the west coast). Seems those great deals end up being close to Eva's prices once all the taxes & surcharges are added in . . . using orbitz for a guideline on prices is a good idea as their pricing shows the full fare, taxes, etc. added. Then you can shop around.

I have booked through Best Travel in the past and have to give them credit: Several years ago I had to cancel my trip at the last minute (actually 12 hours before departure) and BT provided a full refund with no hassle.