PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Passion

October 26th, 2008, 19:42
Looks like Pattaya Passion has run out of steam.
Out of the last 50 topics posted 42 were Pattaya Passion.

October 26th, 2008, 20:56
the same of course can be said for ting and tong where oogleman and tingtong (the same person) do most of the posting at at gaythailand where gaybutton and gaythailand do most of the posting. anyway, its still interesting reading. why the update, gordon? do you have a vested interest over there?

1PR4BKK
October 26th, 2008, 21:53
the same of course can be said for ting and tong where oogleman and tingtong (the same person) do most of the posting at at gaythailand where gaybutton and gaythailand do most of the posting. anyway, its still interesting reading. why the update, gordon? do you have a vested interest over there?

I did not know about PattayaPassion.com before this topic. I must admit that GayThailand.com was the first board I monitored and followed regarding Thailand. I have stopped visiting as much because it seemed like the same few posters were dominating the topic submissions.

I noticed that on this board (SGT) there are more people visiting and making posts as well as replies. Keeping topics alive keep visitors like me coming back.

DonтАЩt get me wrong, I really think GayThailand.com provides a wealth of information. It aided me in finding the apartment I use for each of my visits to Thailand as well as my current bf. However, the forum seems to be a bit stale these days.

October 26th, 2008, 23:38
And your reason for posting this gem, Gordon is?

Each forum to their own.... Why should what is going on at Pattaya Passion matter to posters here, or what is going on at Gay Ting Tong matter to Baht Stop.

Pattaya has a diverse Gay community, and people prefer different boards.. so why bring the topic up.

Either you are trying an badly planned plug for Pattaya Passion, or have some vendetta. When you say out of the last 50 topics posted.... you studied in detail when topic threads started... or do you mean the last 50 topics commented on...

Sawadtee is my forum of choice and let the other boards take care of themselves. I do look occasionally elsewhere, and sometimes get useful information.

Some one obviously upset you over there!

And before you say anything, I look occasionally, it has some interesting topics, and given it's new in a well populated space, maybe trying to find itself. BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE BOARD FOR ME... SO FAR....

October 27th, 2008, 00:57
I guess some of us read & post on several Thailand fora.

SGT has the advantage of being well supported & the disadvantage of excessive heckling which results in many threads no longer being worth reading after the second page. This also puts off some people completely.

Ting Tong has stricter moderation, which for me is a distinct advantage. It could do with more members.

Pattaya Passion clearly has enthusiastic management, but too few participants at the moment.

Maybe there isn't room for too many fora, but I think there's room for more than one.

Khor tose
October 27th, 2008, 01:43
One man looking for a group of not too bright people who think exactly like him, and will kiss his ass. Definitely not a board for people capable of independent thought, or with their own moral compass.

October 27th, 2008, 02:13
Ting Tong has stricter moderation ... It could do with more members.You don't see the relationship then?

October 27th, 2008, 03:00
Ting Tong has stricter moderation ... It could do with more members.You don't see the relationship then?

On the contrary, I had considered the possible relationship, Ting Tong may be less popular purely because of the stricter moderation.
Or it may be SGT was the FIRST forum (I have no idea which was first). Alternatively, there are several polite & firmly moderated forums & just the one "gloves off" SGT heckling forum.

October 27th, 2008, 05:58
One man looking for a group of not too bright people who think exactly like him, and will kiss his ass. Definitely not a board for people capable of independent thought, or with their own moral compass.

it sounds to me like you had a problem there. maybe you were one of the users banned for comments unbecoming? if not that then you must have something against someone as i take offence as a user at pattayapassion to your accusations. new? yes it is and growing just give it time.

October 27th, 2008, 10:26
Pattaya Passion Forum doesn't have an 'ignore button'.
I think that says it all!!

October 27th, 2008, 10:35
[
it sounds to me like you had a problem there. maybe you were one of the users banned for comments unbecoming? if not that then you must have something against someone as i take offence as a user at pattayapassion to your accusations. new? yes it is and growing just give it time.

Obviously the poll did not work

Khor tose
October 27th, 2008, 11:04

I have not been banned and if my name is still on the board (I asked for it to be removed) it is close to when you signed up. These are my observations. I am glad you like Chris and hope you continue to post there, as along with Jame, and gay button, you four make up 95% of the post and I would do nothing from stopping you enjoying each others company. My opinion, Chris is a jerk. That is my opinion. If you wish to know what it is based on send me a PM.

Smiles
October 27th, 2008, 12:28
I have been banned / :blackeye:

The owner of Passion (anonymously) sent me an email asking me why I was being so horrible and nasty about Passion on Sawatdee. (In fact I didn't think I was being so awful ... I posted a single message on Sawatdee in a thread I did not start, critiquing that Board).

I emailed back to him my answer to his question, then went on Passion to look at what was being written and found a poll thread there specifically about Big Bad Me.

So, in my defense ... I copied his email to me and my reply to him (Mr Anonymous, that is) and pasted it into a message on that thread. All hell broke loose ... Gaybutton running around like a madman ... Alfie taking the vapours ... Chris having multiple ogasmic fits. It was all quite entertaining ... certainly much more so than Passion in general.
First my post was deleted. Then I got banned.

I must say that hasn't happened to me in a long time, and it actually made me feel all squishy-like, knowing that I had confronted what must easily be the most thin-skinned, paranoid, and fraidy-cat owners of a message board in existence on the WWW. But you can't read it unless you join ... as the Great Un-washed are not allowed an audience.

Cheers ...

Khor tose
October 27th, 2008, 12:38
I must say that hasn't happened to me in a long time, and it actually made me feel all squishy-like, knowing that I had confronted what must easily be the most thin-skinned, paranoid, and fraidy-cat owners of a message board in existence on the WWW. But you can't read it unless you join ... as the Great Un-washed are not allowed an audience.

Cheers ...

You have a great way to phrase things.
I was not banned, but could not agree more with your assessment. Hey, how do we get Homi and Cha Na to sign up? Wouldn't they make a great addition to that egocentric banal mess of a board?

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 27th, 2008, 12:49

hey I think this a thread about Pattaya Passion, not Baht Stop and Hedda !

it looks rather pretty and all pink..like Dame Cartland. I think I'll join. Shame Homitern can't be a member..he's never been to Pattaya and vows never to go.

October 27th, 2008, 13:10
But you can't read it unless you join ...

Cheers ...

Hi Smiles, I just went over to have a look after reading your post, (the first time I have done so since joining) and it would seem that the post/thread you are referring to, is no longer in existence. I wonder why that can be. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

My best wishes to you both,

George.

October 27th, 2008, 13:47
Seems to me that the moderators are doing exactly as they said they would in the forum's guidelines. if you ask me keeping all this nonsense off the board is a good thing. Theres enuff of it here. btw, that post is still there i just read it again. just search it.

October 27th, 2008, 14:29
Seems to me that the moderators are doing exactly as they said they would in the forum's guidelines. if you ask me keeping all this nonsense off the board is a good thing. Theres enuff of it here. btw, that post is still there i just read it again. just search it.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your comments above, as it would be hard to do so not having seen the post as of yet. Is there any chance of a link to it please.

Thank you,

George.

October 27th, 2008, 14:56
[quote="Khor tose":p965j7sq]One man looking for a group of not too bright people who think exactly like him, and will kiss his ass. Definitely not a board for people capable of independent thought, or with their own moral compass.

I have not been banned and if my name is still on the board (I asked for it to be removed) it is close to when you signed up. These are my observations. I am glad you like Chris and hope you continue to post there, as along with Jame, and gay button, you four make up 95% of the post and I would do nothing from stopping you enjoying each others company. My opinion, Chris is a jerk. That is my opinion. If you wish to know what it is based on send me a PM.[/quote:p965j7sq]

Interesting... just did a check.... there are 5546 posts on Pattaya Passion. Can't find a Jame..... Passion Patrol plus GB and Alf account for 1,934. Add the member with the next most postings to Passion Patrol and you get 3,069 posts.... Now that doesn't not make 95% of posts. It is a new board so I'd expect the administrator to have the most posts.

October 27th, 2008, 15:01
I have been banned / :blackeye:

The owner of Passion (anonymously) sent me an email asking me why I was being so horrible and nasty about Passion on Sawatdee. (In fact I didn't think I was being so awful ... I posted a single message on Sawatdee in a thread I did not start, critiquing that Board).

I emailed back to him my answer to his question, then went on Passion to look at what was being written and found a poll thread there specifically about Big Bad Me.

So, in my defense ... I copied his email to me and my reply to him (Mr Anonymous, that is) and pasted it into a message on that thread. All hell broke loose ... Gaybutton running around like a madman ... Alfie taking the vapours ... Chris having multiple ogasmic fits. It was all quite entertaining ... certainly much more so than Passion in general.
First my post was deleted. Then I got banned.

Cheers ...

You say anonymous, then name a person called Chris..... Come on Smiles.

I hope any board would tke similar views if private emails between people were made public

Khor tose
October 27th, 2008, 19:06
[quote="timetospeak
Interesting... just did a check.... there are 5546 posts on Pattaya Passion. Can't find a Jame..... Passion Patrol plus GB and Alf account for 1,934. Add the member with the next most postings to Passion Patrol and you get 3,069 posts.... Now that doesn't not make 95% of posts. It is a new board so I'd expect the administrator to have the most posts.[/quote]

Okay I will give you the benefit of a doubt and give you one explanation. Jame changed his name to superboy or some thing like that. When you change you name it changes on all of your post just like when you change your Avatar. At least of some of the boards I have been on. Come on I am talking about any given day. Gee it is 53% not 95%--of course a lot of them are just answers to a poll.
Why do you care? Just enjoy PP and don't worry about what I or anyone else thinks. I hope you spend a lifetime of that board and good luck to you.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 27th, 2008, 19:49
So is Gaybutton involved in Pattaya Passion ?. He does get excitable at times..unlike his www.dragqueen.com (http://www.dragqueen.com) that's been under construction for a few years.

October 27th, 2008, 20:42
I don't care that much... I simply believe there is room for more than one board... As I have said I don't post on Pattaya Passion... I just wonder why board members here need to keep trying to drag it down.

I look at all the boards, each has it's own character. Horses for courses.

Thanks for clarifying that your 95% quote relates to 'any specific day'... In my books 53% and 95% are not the same... And how you can calculate posts in a day I don't know. I gave you the benefit of the doubt including the second highest poster in the numbers. Saturday if that is who you refer to.

It's a new board, what is everyone so beat up about. Scared of competition? I don't particularly like the board, but it's there, has some fun topics and interesting discussions. Would I stay there as the only board, no.

It seems some members of this board are anti the guy running Pattaya Passion for personal reasons. I have no idea who he is, nor do I care. I doubt my style would go down there.

And Khor Tose, why do you care about it's existence?

October 27th, 2008, 21:01
as far as i know there is a few partners involved in www.pattayapassion.com (http://www.pattayapassion.com). none of them seem interested in exposing who they are so i dont know why we care here. i dont know of a chris, but i dont know otherwise either. is gaybutton involved in the ownership? i dont know that either but he is a regular poster there for sure. kohr tose.. i think you are just a bitter man who for whatever reason is upset because he got slapped on the wrist by the management. maybe if you were following the rules in the first place that would not have happened. if as you say nothing did happen and you re still a member there then why all the bitter grapes?

October 27th, 2008, 21:43
Shame Homitern can't be a member..he's never been to Pattaya and vows never to go.

OTOH he's very passionate about not going to the big P. Shouldn't that qualify him as a moderator or something?

October 27th, 2008, 21:47
In fact I didn't think I was being so awful ... I posted a single message on Sawatdee in a thread I did not start, critiquing that Board.

A single thread? really smiles? I did a little looking into your "single thread" on this board and guess what I found?...Each of these quotes are from different posts you made and multiple posts on the same given day!

Quote from you on 21 July...
"Over-moderated (in spirit) before it starts. And (only) " ... for those living in Pattaya ... ": provincial mindset not a good sign.
Doesn't sound promising. What 'niche' could another gay Thailand board occupy? There are 4 reasonably well-attended Boards now which are very diverse in philosopy. Between which two would you squeeze, or to which end would you attach yourself to: the anarchy/chaos/hilarity/Auntiness (and numbers) here on one end ... the ever-so-ponderous soup nazis on Baht-Stop (i.e. the Other End) ... a clone of GayButton's regulated fiefdom ... or the happiness-and-light of the GoGo Bar hoppers/boozers on TingTong?"

Quote from you on 22 July...
"By the way, you may want to read this post on the new message board, written by Mr Passion Himself: http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=27 He seems to have read my post above, and not gotten all bent out of shape about it. Unless you are him that is."

Quote from you on 23 July...
"So that would mean a message board with secondary issues of promoting the Boyfriend's business endeavours?
No problem with that. And "location, location, location" should not apply anymore. A win/win scenario."

Quote from you on 25 July...
"The Board seems particularly busy these days . . . lots of topics happening, lots of replies (daft and otherwise as per usual), lots of traffic in around and over. Is this my imagination? I take a look at the Other Places and see 2 or 3 new posts every 6 or 7 hours ... and on The Passion Play I cannot read it as they hav closed it to non members even to read - what a really intelligent move THAT was!"

"Now starting off in Act 1 we have a group of unnamed gentlemen styling themselves as the 'Passion Patrol'. ( http://www.pattayapassion.com/ )
It is the sacred quest of these dudes to stroll around Pattaya (and only Pattaya!! Goddamit-goetheraramadung!!) trying out gogo bars, hotels, restaurants and proclaiming their opinions to the general population by means of personal commentary..."

"Looks like Pattaya Passion message board has now ~ within the last half hour in fact ~ gone 100% Members Only.
Guests, cruisers, looky-loos, the Great Unwashed cannot even read the Board there now ... one has to register and log in to read or participate. "

"Before your post I had thought about it [pattayapassion] being Jim Lumsden in drag. But then, what's he doing with Stalin?"

Quote from you on 24 July...
"PASSIONATE UPDATE!! Apparently Pattaya Passion has (sometime in the night) changed their venue reviewing methods. The lovely Pink Passion Heart concept is now kaput . . . replaced by a few sentences of "review" words. Looks like Boyz Boyz Boyz group didn't enjoy their one Passion Star!"

Quote from you on 25 July...
"Difficult to get serious about a new website/message board where the commentary on (for instance) Pattaya accomodation reads like these butt-kissing blurbs. May as well write one single generic phrase and apply it to all. Does the management of Passion actually believe anyone would read such gruel and think it useful? No wonder they've made the Board 'Members Only'. I'm all for new websites and new Boards about gay Thailand, but right now the operating philosophy at 'Passion' seems more akin to travesty."

Quote from you on 30 July...
"Latest amusing cuteism from Pattaya Passion (besides the crazy-making use of the word 'passion' in as many annoying ways as humanly possible) is this little headline circled below. An award for 'Best Dildo Not Used as Intended' should be upcoming. If you missed it "down there" ... it's also available "up there". A double dildo?"

Quote from you on 7 August...
"Not complaining at all .... Ting Tong, the new 'Passion', and GayThailand's mods & admins start ~ and reply to ~ most of the threads and damned if I'd like to see that come about here. jinks (with lower case) is also being quite discreet ... even deigning to post a Calendar Event for me. "

Quote from you on 29 September...
"I wonder about Pattaya Passion ... why it's there, why it exists? I just took a look at it for the first time in 3 or 4 months. In the 'Views' column: on the entire first page only one topic has triple digit views (and that's the Board Introduction topic). All the other views are in the teens to 30's. That's it. That essentially means that hardly any one reads the Board! Then, when you click on any of the topics, the replies are 80% posted by the 3 Moderators. So not only are the 'Views' unbelievably low, they are mostly made by the Mods, either posting themselves, or policing replies making sure that no one disobeys their very strict Posting Rules. And then there's the totally wierd Board rule that no one who isn't registered and logged in can even take a look at the place. The topics are ~ to a high proportion ~ strangely not related to gay Thailand. Lots of lists (posted by Mods) along the lines of 'How do you know you're Gay?' or 'Let's all post a joke' or 'Let's all go off-topic for a fun post' or "How To Destroy A Relationship In 6 Easy Steps!". The Moderators there continually revel in there NOT being any nastiness there, that what a great Board they have because no one argues or spouts a negative word, or "how-peaceful-are-we"? I don't get Pattaya Passion. It is "there", but really has no reason to be "there" besides being a vanity board for the Owner. It looks Pretty in Pink, but "passion" it hardly has. I also wonder why 'Alf' (a self-described 'Passion Peon') did not put Sawatdee in the poll by it's own name? This is the largest Board by far (it is undeniable, simply by the numbers. TingTong being easily second, again, by the numbers), and he could not bring himself to even spell out the name of it. That says a lot (to me) about the mentality ~ not to mention the philosophy ~ of the folks who run Pattaya Passion."

Quote from you on 2 October...
"As much as you seem to prefer killing the messenger about all this, the numbers (and conclusions drawn from them) are what they are. If you choose interpret my thoughts on Passion as 'insulting' or 'negative' then that's you're problem, not mine. "

Quote from you on 6 October...
"I did not say (or imply) it had no right to exist. I asked 'why' it existed. And I certainly did not even intimate that it should be 'destroyed'. Just because it accomplishes little purpose (in my opinion) other than being a vanity outlet for the owner would not be any reason for me to suggest it not exist. I really don't care one way or the other ... which seems to be the way you feel, if I read your last sentence correctly."

Quote from you on 10 October...
"What hapened on this one was highly predictable: you got the positives and the negatives, including accusations of flogging Pattaya Passion, which in my opinion are quite justified, as "flogging" in general is your Head Passionista's main claim to fame"

And that's not even counting the comments you made on this current thread. No, Smiles I think we can all see you have more than just a passing interest in this board. Is it such a wonder you were banned there if you spoke like this on its own board?

Sorry, but your written word is here for all to read and if you as me it shows us that it was not just a little single thing you said but instead an entire assualt on the very existense of the board.

October 27th, 2008, 22:07
Thanks Martooni, whoever you are... I had not looked into the history of posts... I had no reason.

It seems that whoever the operator of Pattaya Passion is, he has upset some people.

Firstly his policy is clear on what is acceptable, if you don't accept it then don't join.

Secondly, what is so bad about having a member only forum? Maybe members feel freer in expressing themselves. You have to register to post here, so why not register to read.

What's with this craze of trying to identify the owner by name. Do I see posts about any other moderators or operators of boards trying to do the same.

I don't give a f*** about Pattaya Passion, but I do think that the attacks on this board are unjustified.

And Gordon just what axe do you have to grind. You barely post then launch this thread..... Or are you someone else in disguise

Khor tose
October 28th, 2008, 03:38
as far as i know there is a few partners involved in www.pattayapassion.com (http://www.pattayapassion.com). none of them seem interested in exposing who they are so i dont know why we care here. i dont know of a chris, but i dont know otherwise either. is gaybutton involved in the ownership? i dont know that either but he is a regular poster there for sure. kohr tose.. i think you are just a bitter man who for whatever reason is upset because he got slapped on the wrist by the management. maybe if you were following the rules in the first place that would not have happened. if as you say nothing did happen and you re still a member there then why all the bitter grapes?

Alf, unlike the other two "mystery" defenders of PP, I know you and you are a clearly a very good man. I will be glad to talk to you at any time. However, I have no intention of getting in a public bitch fight. You wish to know what happened, PM me. Otherwise, I am just stating my opinion and trying to move on.

October 28th, 2008, 05:49
Sorry, but your written word is here for all to read and if you as me it shows us that it was not just a little single thing you said but instead an entire assualt on the very existense of the board.

It amazes me how most people, especially our American friends, always scream out loudly when anyone even comes close in trying to nullify and make void, the 5th amendment of the US of A's constitution. Yet as soon as someone gives an opinion that others disagree with, there are some who want to take that disagreement of theirs to such a degree, they want to shut that person up by protesting to the forums moderators, that the person in question should have his comments removed. This is in my opinion and I see it often on the five forums, very much an hypocritical case of: I believe in the 5th amendment until such a time as someone voices an opinion, that I vehemently disagree with.

I personally believe that Smiles has as much right to his opinion about Pattaya Passion, as those that disagree with him. I thank both Spike and jinks, that this forum, unlike every single one of the others, exercises the right of that free speech in the main, by allowing it to be used here. I don't think you have to be Hercule Poirot to work out, that this is arguably the number one reason for SGT's success as a gay forum and why also, it is by far the busiest one of all Thailand Gay Forums. I also believe as I have said before, that contrary to the belief of members of other forums, we are like one big family here, even though that family of ours, may well be a bit dysfunctional at times. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/happy011.gif

I fail to see why it was necessary Martooni, to dig up all of those Smiles quotes in your post above, ones that you obviously went through an awful lot of time and trouble to do, or why it was so important for you. I believe that Smiles comments about Pattaya Passion and his feelings toward that particular forum, are nowhere near as bad as you have made them out to be. I also believe that you would have to stretch the imagination to the extreme, to consider his comments as being: "an entire assault on the very existence of the board. I am sure that when Khun Smiles reads those comments of yours above, he will have difficulty in controlling the fits of laughter he will undoubtedly be in.

I believe that the most important quote of Smiles in relation to Pattaya Passion and the only one that really needs to be read and understood, as to how he feels about Pattaya Passion, is when he says this.: "I did not say (or imply) it had no right to exist. I asked 'why' it existed. And I certainly did not even intimate that it should be 'destroyed'. Just because it accomplishes little purpose (in my opinion) other than being a vanity outlet for the owner would not be any reason for me to suggest it not exist. I really don't care one way or the other What's so terribly hard for anyone to be able to understand and accept, in the above comment and opinion of Smiles?

I am sure that Smiles will be the last person that will give a toss one way or the other, as to who agrees with him and who doesn't, in his appraisal of the new forum. I haven't had a good enough of a look around yet to give an opinion, but after having done so, I will either visit the forum or I won't. Assuming everyone believes they have the same right as me in making that same decision, WTF does it matter what Smiles thinks about Pattaya Passion, or what anyone else thinks for that matter? Well! http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/shrug-2.gif

Just my two satangs worth, whether it was wanted or not. ;)

Cheers,

George.

October 28th, 2008, 08:23
It seems that whoever the operator of Pattaya Passion is, he has upset some people.

Firstly his policy is clear on what is acceptable, if you don't accept it then don't join.

Secondly, what is so bad about having a member only forum? Maybe members feel freer in expressing themselves. You have to register to post here, so why not register to read.

What's with this craze of trying to identify the owner by name. Do I see posts about any other moderators or operators of boards trying to do the same.

I don't give a f*** about Pattaya Passion, but I do think that the attacks on this board are unjustified.

And Gordon just what axe do you have to grind. You barely post then launch this thread..... Or are you someone else in disguise

People are not upset, but more frustrated about the fact that there is a creative and succesful forum without their crappy and bull content. It's just amazing that this thread is showing exactly why it is so difficult to unite the gay community in Thailand: On a board like this 'people' attack each other and at some kind of gethering for what ever charity they put their arms in each others' ass to fondle their prostata............!
The fact that each charity activity is bringing money is just that one queen has to prove to the other queen that they can spend more than they can afford.

October 28th, 2008, 10:55
Alf, unlike the other two "mystery" defenders of PP, I know you and you are a clearly a very good man. I will be glad to talk to you at any time. However, I have no intention of getting in a public bitch fight. You wish to know what happened, PM me. Otherwise, I am just stating my opinion and trying to move on.

thanks khor tose. i also appreciate your view and find you to be honest in what you say. that does not mean i agree but i dont think we have to agree. i will pm you. i also think this thread has become crazy in that everyone seems to be saying the same thing in different ways. go to the forum you like, there is something for everyone. for me, pattaya passion is my favorite but for khor tose maybe not. what happened to the original poster gordon who started this whole thing and disappeared? i say everyone can make their own decision they are all good.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com
http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com
http://www.gaythailand.com
http://www.baht-stop.com
http://www.gaytingtong.com

Smiles
October 28th, 2008, 11:20
In fact I didn't think I was being so awful ... I posted a single message on Sawatdee in a thread I did not start, critiquing that Board.

A single thread? really smiles? I did a little looking into your "single thread" on this board and guess what I found?...Each of these quotes are from different posts you made and multiple posts on the same given day!

Martooni, 5 posts here and defending Passion as passionately as possible. In my own defense, I was refering to my original contribution as the "one" post in question, it being the original critique. All others were made in response to the crazed and apoplectic defenders of the Passion Faith as they raved on in Agoniste Deliciouso.
'Crazed' would also describe your toothless little spin. Oh yeah, I'm still smiling.

As regards the posting ratios (i.e. Admins/Mods as distinct from Regular Members) mentioned in a comment above I just did a quick count of the first 3 pages of Passion (I re-registered :blackeye: ): of 96 threads (including some stickies and announcements) on those 3 pages, 77 were started by either a Passion Admin or Moderator. Taking a look at a number of threads on each page, the overwhelming numer of replies were posted by either Admin(s) or Moderators.
As I mentioned in one of the posts (in reply ) in the original thread on this topic, numbers speak volumes ... and the numbers are all there.

" ... And Gordon just what axe do you have to grind. You barely post then launch this thread..... Or are you someone else in disguise ... "
At least Gordo has 11 posts to his fair handle. Your proxy Mr Marteeni, has only 5 ... all regarding the same cloying obsession.

Cheers ...

netrix
October 28th, 2008, 12:54
i'm gonna start my own forum for people who don't give a shit.

topjohn5
October 28th, 2008, 14:06
i'm gonna start my own forum for people who don't give a shit.

:cheers:

catawampuscat
October 28th, 2008, 14:33
I give credit to all those who start up new forums and jump into the fray.

Each of the forums has a different style and attracts different types of posters.
I like the moderating style at Gay Ting Tong and it is free wheeling but doesn't
allow the nasty personal attacks and prevents feuds from taking place.

I occassionally look at gaybuttons forum but it is far more of a blog than an open forum.
It is surprising in that it has the most members by far but is dominated by a few posters.
I find gaybutton informative and do not share many others negative opinions of his moderating style. Recently, several issues and items first appeared at gaythailand.com.

I never bother with baht-stop.com, pattaya-passion.

Sawatdee-gay-Thailand stands alone as the most popular forum, with Ting Tong a runner up. Some moderation of some of the wackos would make it even better but one
has to accept what is or start up your own forum. :cat:

October 28th, 2008, 15:20
Sawatdee-gay-Thailand stands alone as the most popular forum, with Ting Tong a runner up. Some moderation of some of the wackos would make it even better :cat:

Well that's one statement of yours cat, where you will get absolutely no argument from me on, whatsoever. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/sifone.gif

George.

October 28th, 2008, 19:55
At least Gordo has 11 posts to his fair handle. Your proxy Mr Marteeni, has only 5 ... all regarding the same cloying obsession.

Cheers ...

Smiles I have absolutely no idea who Gordo is, but suspect he is a proxy for someone else. HE CERTAINLY IS NOT MY PROXY.....

And strange that he has not posted again. I would not have trawled for quotes by you as in my view that was an episode in the past and nothing to do with your recent comments.

Everyone as I have said can look at all boards and decide which they like.

George I agree that this is this forum is the most free. But not everyone likes that, so luckily we all have a choice.....

What I object to is the attack on other boards or individuals for this or that reason. All members of all boards should want to support the diverse gay community in Thailand..... There is room for everyone....

Let's all just move on. If you've found a board you like, use it... if not look for alternatives. Let's stop fighting within the gay community in Thailand. Give the new board a chance.

If they'd change from pink I might even post there myself

October 28th, 2008, 20:53
Taking a look at a number of threads on each page, the overwhelming numer of replies were posted by either Admin(s) or Moderators.

still up to your old tricks and counting. dont you get tired of the same crap smiles? at first maybe it was funny or enjoyable but now its just sad. get a hobby.

Brad the Impala
October 28th, 2008, 21:46
Taking a look at a number of threads on each page, the overwhelming numer of replies were posted by either Admin(s) or Moderators.

still up to your old tricks and counting.

Is counting a trick?! I would have thought it an essential requirement in any logical analysis, as opposed to the subjective comments that pass for opinions.

October 28th, 2008, 22:00
Is counting a trick?! I would have thought it an essential requirement in any logical analysis, as opposed to the subjective comments that pass for opinions.

arent subjective comments the same as opinions? maybe you can count but your vocabulary needs some help!

subjective: pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.

id say personal, individual evaluations are opinions. and mine stands that pattaya passion is more then numbers. lets compare numbers again when its been around as long as this board.

October 29th, 2008, 00:03
Interesting point Alf, Does anyone have stats for this board less than 6 months after opening

but who cares.

different boards, different people

I still don't get why this board , or some of it is so anti Pattaya Passion

please explain

October 29th, 2008, 00:08
Oh by the way smiles, i notice you have not justified making a private email public.... but then maybe that says everything

October 29th, 2008, 06:18
notice you have not justified making a private email public

Is anything posted in, on, or through the hyperspace of the internet/email/instant texting private? I think not.

October 29th, 2008, 13:11

Is anything posted in, on, or through the hyperspace of the internet/email/instant texting private? I think not.

If that was true then why have PMs or email at all? I would think everyone can agree that if some thing is written in a PM (which has the word PRIVATE in its title) or in an email that it should stay there. Now that ill smile at!

October 29th, 2008, 13:12

If that was true then why have PMs or email at all? I would think everyone can agree that if some thing is written in a PM (which has the word PRIVATE in its title) or in an email that it should stay there. Ill even smile at that!

October 29th, 2008, 14:40
i'm gonna start my own forum for people who don't give a shit.You're leaving us already? How sad

October 30th, 2008, 01:13
One man looking for a group of not too bright people who think exactly like him, and will kiss his ass.

Well, Khor tose, if he is looking here he will certainly find plenty who meet at least one of his criteria.

October 30th, 2008, 01:43
..... what is so bad about having a member only forum? Maybe members feel freer in expressing themselves. You have to register to post here, so why not register to read.....I don't give a f*** about Pattaya Passion

I, too, "don't give a f*** about Pattaya Passion", simply because it is a members only board so I cannot even sample it as a guest if I wanted to, nor does registering even enable me to quietly read the forums -

according to their FAQs (Log in and Registration Issues, question 7) it is also not just a requirement that you have to "register to read", but that you have to post and continue to post in order to remain a member and continue to read ( .... the administrator has deleted your account for some reason. ... perhaps you did not post anything? It is usual for boards to periodically remove users who have not posted anything so as to reduce the size of the database. Try registering again and get involved in discussions.)

As such, I can quite appreciate Smiles' point: who is the board actually aimed at? Not, presumably those simply looking for information or advice, or "The Insider's Guide To Gay Pattaya."

netrix
October 30th, 2008, 03:22
i'm gonna start my own forum for people who don't give a shit.You're leaving us already? How sad

nope, never said i was leaving. don't be sad.

October 31st, 2008, 09:07
Its no longer pink!

For a while anyways!

Wesley
October 31st, 2008, 09:52
It was what I thought was going to be a simple short post that went away kinda like mine do. it is amazing what will take on 4 pages and what will die n a few days. For the number here who really have time to read all this stuff qnd read it all. I have time to keep up wth this one and Ting and Tong, I have looked at gay Button and still have not looked at Pattaya Passion, by the time I fogure out what is going on there, it will take a month or so, if its any thign like Ting and Tong. I just don't see how anyone who has a job has time to read and keep up with them all.

Wes

October 31st, 2008, 16:31
i'm gonna start my own forum for people who don't give a shit.You're leaving us already? How sadnope, never said i was leaving. don't be sad.As I say, irony is wasted on Americans

It's a measure of SGT's leadership that even the boosters of the other sites also post on SGT. And now I see someone has spotted that Gone Fishing is Hedda returned to the fold. I'll have to take their word for that - Gone Fishing's on my {Ignore} list and I see those pompous posturings only when someone else quotes them. I note even Tourette - the racist, ageist Moderator on another site - is back posting on SGT. Here's one of Aunty's gems, for those with short memories - "There 's nothing there (Pattaya) but gogobars and hostbars patronised by fat old hideous farang men looking for gogoboys to spend the night with"

November 1st, 2008, 02:59
[And now I see someone has spotted that Gone Fishing is Hedda returned to the fold. I'll have to take their word for that - Gone Fishing's on my {Ignore} list

Wrongly informed, again, Homi (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/peace-seeeker-george-t16285-30.html page 3); as I recall I was put on ignore after revealing that The Colonel was actually The Corporal - I can understand how that would be embarrassing.