PDA

View Full Version : is comedian Jerry Lewis anti-gay ?

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 25th, 2008, 20:08
apparently (very) old comedian Jerry Lewis made an anti-gay slur about cricket..calling it a "faggot's game"..but would an old Hollywood type like him possibly be anti-gay ? ( despite the rumours he's a bisexual). I direct this question to Homintern who is the only person old enough to remember Jerry..no strike that out..Dame Sanitree Na Parkin would be Jerry Lewis's vintage ( Lewis is 82). I can't ask Henry Cate as I believe Lewis maybe a Democrat ( he did say he wanted to party when George Bush left office) and I can't ask Wesley..well because he's pissed most of the time from what I hear.

any other Septic Tanks (Yanks)on here know about Mr Lewis ?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee135/lunchtimeobooze/JLNZ241008_A15_opt.jpg
latest snap of anti-gay Jerry Lewis :cheers:

Jerry Lewis makes another anti-gay slur
CANBERRA, Australia тАУ Jerry Lewis made an anti-gay slur on Australian television similar to one he apologized for using on his annual telethon a year ago.

Following a news conference in Sydney Friday, Lewis, 82, was asked by a Network Ten national TV reporter for his opinion on the Australian nation sport of cricket.

"Oh, cricket? It's a f-- game. What are you, nuts?" Lewis replied.

The network broadcast the comment in full on its Friday evening news bulletin along with footage of Lewis handling an imaginary cricket bat with an effeminate gesture.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_ ... erry_lewis (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_en_mo/as_people_jerry_lewis)

October 26th, 2008, 01:46
Of course the septics will never appreciate that when Lewis asks someone if they are nuts he is being ironic.

Smiles
October 26th, 2008, 11:35
Jerry Lewis is (to me, and always has been) the epitome of the Ugly American. This latest spew is hardly unexpected . . . even if he didn't say it on this occasion one always understands intuitively that it's certainly something that Mr Lewis would say.
A thoroughly ghastly and totally phony man, hiding handily behind the veneer of his so-call 'charity work'.

Cheers ...

October 26th, 2008, 12:02
A thoroughly ghastly and totally phony man, hiding handily behind the veneer of his so-call 'charity work'That's no way to talk about Doris

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 26th, 2008, 14:04
A thoroughly ghastly and totally phony man, hiding handily behind the veneer of his so-call 'charity work'That's no way to talk about Doris

certainly not ! I don't do charity.

I take it then Smiles isn't a jerry lewis fan ! :blackeye:

October 26th, 2008, 14:11
certainly not ! I don't do charity.So what were you telling me about "fallen boys" the other day over lunch? Very Gladstone, I thought

October 26th, 2008, 16:56
I've never understood why anyone would imitate Norman Wisdom. Anyway, Stephen Hawking does it better and is a far more interesting person than either of them.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 26th, 2008, 22:31
I've never understood why anyone would imitate Norman Wisdom. Anyway, Stephen Hawking does it better and is a far more interesting person than either of them.

That's Sir Norman Wisdom if you don't mind !

You know I loved Norman Wisdom when I was a kid and there is one country where he is a huge star and a national hero-Albania !!

for all those years Albania was China's only European ally, western films were never allowed in except..Norman Wisdom films as he was always the lowly worker battling against the bosses !. Hence at 85 he can still go to Albania and fill a concert hall !

Khor tose
October 27th, 2008, 01:18
Jerry Lewis is (to me, and always has been) the epitome of the Ugly American. This latest spew is hardly unexpected . . . even if he didn't say it on this occasion one always understands intuitively that it's certainly something that Mr Lewis would say.
A thoroughly ghastly and totally phony man, hiding handily behind the veneer of his so-call 'charity work'.

Cheers ...

I could not agree more. I have never liked him or his comedy. However, #1 comedian in France for a long time!!!!!!

francois
October 27th, 2008, 01:47
I could not agree more. I have never liked him or his comedy. However, #1 comedian in France for a long time!!!!!!

No wonder all the world hates the French!

October 27th, 2008, 01:51
and there is one country where he is a huge star and a national hero-Albania

Rather confirms all my previous suspicions about Albania.

Wesley
October 27th, 2008, 11:55
apparently (very) old comedian Jerry Lewis made an anti-gay slur about cricket..calling it a "faggot's game"..but would an old Hollywood type like him possibly be anti-gay ? ( despite the rumours he's a bisexual). I direct this question to Homintern who is the only person old enough to remember Jerry..no strike that out..Dame Sanitree Na Parkin would be Jerry Lewis's vintage ( Lewis is 82). I can't ask Henry Cate as I believe Lewis maybe a Democrat ( he did say he wanted to party when George Bush left office) and I can't ask Wesley..well because he's pissed most of the time from what I hear.

any other Septic Tanks (Yanks)on here know about Mr Lewis ?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee135/lunchtimeobooze/JLNZ241008_A15_opt.jpg
latest snap of anti-gay Jerry Lewis :cheers:

Jerry Lewis makes another anti-gay slur
CANBERRA, Australia тАУ Jerry Lewis made an anti-gay slur on Australian television similar to one he apologized for using on his annual telethon a year ago.

Following a news conference in Sydney Friday, Lewis, 82, was asked by a Network Ten national TV reporter for his opinion on the Australian nation sport of cricket.

"Oh, cricket? It's a f-- game. What are you, nuts?" Lewis replied.

The network broadcast the comment in full on its Friday evening news bulletin along with footage of Lewis handling an imaginary cricket bat with an effeminate gesture.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_ ... erry_lewis (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_en_mo/as_people_jerry_lewis)

Well.... my dear Lunchtime,
I am not nearly as upset as usual, I am much too busy and the guys are keeping my temper down to the minimum. Last night, I was with a guy who gave me the best massage I think I have ever had, Both last night, then again this morning. He is 38 and knows what he is doing in more ways than one. He almost makes me want to forget the boys and just stick to men who know how to use all the equipment god gave them, unless Homiturd is right and its all genetics, then the genome for his penis was working over time and such a large man for a Thai agan in more ways than one. You should stop by OudesтАЩ and check him out, for a guy 38 he looks 27 or so. He is a bit passed my threshold of the age for guys I will go out with but, that was so good I decided to book him again my last night out this Wednesday. I am in such a good mood; I could even kiss old Homiturds bald head in a sweet little kiss.

Actually, although I remember Jerry and Dad thought he was a hoot. He was not all that po[pular when I was old enough to remember him. So,I really know little about him, I never thought the slapstick stuff was funny and he was never good looking enough to make me want to watch anyway. I just had a birthday but, he was popular when I was just a kid really small kid, like 6 or 7.

So, my dear Lunchtime;
I am so happy you have such a good friend as Homi. I am glad he doesnтАЩt affect your posting too much. Actually I like the old coot. But I am best on his gnore list if it is to stay that way.

All the best,

Wesley

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 27th, 2008, 12:39
you like the old coot ?? ...obviously never met him then.

at least your making sense today Wesley so I guess you have sobered up.

I far prefer "men" in their late 20's as experience counts in my book , and besides, with a few miles on the clock they work just a little harder to please.

Incidently, I never really like Jerry lewis but I didn't hate him either..but Dean Martin..now there was man who could not only sing beautifully but drink a martini at the same time !

Wesley
October 27th, 2008, 17:22
True and if he can help It I never will meet him , not a great loss but he he is still okay I think.

Wes

October 27th, 2008, 18:26
Incidently, I never really like Jerry lewis but I didn't hate him either..but Dean Martin..now there was man who could not only sing beautifully but drink a martini at the same time !

Not only that O'Booze, but he did it with such style too. I will tell you sometime about the many enjoyable evenings I spent in the company of Deano Jr, providing of course you treat the information in the same secret way that I do, with all of your innermost secrets. ;)

Cheers,

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 27th, 2008, 19:43
Oh I'd love to hear about Dino Jnr, although he's probably a senior by now...post a thread on here and ban anyone else from reading it. That's what I do.

rincondog
October 28th, 2008, 03:08
Dino Jr. has been dead over 20 years. He died in a plane crash.

October 28th, 2008, 04:53

No wonder all the world hates the French!

I gather he is deeply unpopular in Denmark as they never got used to having a national hero portrayed as a half-wit.