View Full Version : THE BEACH RESIDENCE @ Ratchada

October 25th, 2008, 19:40
has anybody seen a unit at THE BEACH in Ratchada lately (reads: year 2007/2008) ? and does the staff in their office speak some English ? the website of the Beach-Group is entirely in THAI only, and my Thai is unfortunately still not good enough to have a regular conversation.
I heard the place is showing its age these days.
I am thinking of moving from my apartment to a more gay-friendly environment and it would be nice to hear from people who have seen a unit there with their own eyes.....

colmx
October 26th, 2008, 23:47
We booked in there for 2 nights back in May, it was very handy for visiting the bars and clubs inrachada and has a 7-11 nearby which is quite handy...

The room was very large, but also old and tired, corridors looked worn, furniture was natty and bathroom could do with gutting

BF lost my passport on the 1st night and we wanted to check the CCTV to see if BF had his bag on returning to the hotel or had left it in the taxi... i was very impressed with the amount of cctv coverage in the building...

Personally I wouldn't stay there again, would stay in one of the many hotels in Ramsari instead....

November 2nd, 2008, 10:11
thanks for your feedback, unfortunately exactly what I expected to read......
too bad there is no decent and inexpensive long-stay Condo/Apartment in BKK :-(

so I guess me will continue to stay in my actually good-value-place (10.600 THB for 64 sqm), but not particularly gay-friendly and my Soi gets flooded and is therefore unpassable every now and then....