PDA

View Full Version : Spice Vs Max Magazine.

MARK
October 23rd, 2008, 15:41
Spice Vs Max Magazine, I am interested to know which magazine Sawatdee forum members prefer. :study:

October 23rd, 2008, 15:59
Spice Vs Max Magazine, I am interested to know which magazine Sawatdee forum members preferI tend to do most of my reading online these days, so I thought I'd check their Web sites. Spice's site is woefully out of date, with the most recent entries on the home page being July, and on the events page a "future" event dated September. However, that's better than Max - as far as I can tell there is no Web site. They're the sort of magazine I pick up in Dick's Cafe to "read" when I've nothing better on hand - and by better I'm referring to labels on jam jars, user manuals from Korean electrical goods manufacturers or health warnings on cigarette packets. Every other page has pictures of the latest eye-candy line up from a go-go bar as a glossy advertisement. I'm not sure whether it gives any value to the bar owners

MARK
October 23rd, 2008, 16:14
Yes I have just tryed to find Max Web site, I also cant find anything, should somebody find a site please let me know but i dont think they have one.

October 23rd, 2008, 19:20
Bangkok Variety Magazine is a free bilingual gay magazine that's been around for about 8 years. It has lots up to date articles, adverts, photos etc. and comes with a free pocket sizd map. It's better than both of them put together but is not available in Pattaya. (Another advantage of living in Bangkok)

bing
October 24th, 2008, 12:24
I really don't know Max Magazine, but I can tell you that Spice is really a valued magazine for visitors. Years ago Sparticus was the main source of information. Their maps were never that good, but I am happy that Spice Magazine offers all sorts of information on places to stay and places to go and best of all the Maps are very good. Bangkok and Pattaya are all I'm interested in viewing, but other areas are inculded. Spice would be the one to beat for casual visitor. Being free, the price is right.

neddy3
October 24th, 2008, 17:38
Seems to me that a comparison of these two magazines is not valid.

Spice is all written in English, is targetted to falangs, and covers the whole country to some degree.
While Max is written mostly in Thai, is targetted to Thais, and is Bangkok-centric.

Both have a role to play, but I would not think of them as really competing against each other for the same readership.