PDA

View Full Version : Once more to the breach.....

Khor tose
October 22nd, 2008, 19:42
I enjoy catching up on my reading while flying and on the beach in Thailand
Any good books that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated
I enjoy just about anything as long as its a good read
BTW, I just finished "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb...ranks up their as one of my all time favorite books :)

you know I've discovered the joys of downloaded talking books at Amazon..plus they are so much cheaper. You can download 2 books to your ipod..just lie back and relax and have someone with a melodious voice tell you the whole tale and not have to bother reading. Plus if your'e on the beach you can catch up on all those books and still perve on the eye candy at the same time without all that looking up every now and then in case your missing something ..(removing your specs and all that). They've been around forever of course..they were usually for the blind..but ideal for me..the blind drunk.

Currently I'm listening to Vincent Bugliosi's "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder'..not recommended for everyone of course ( and don't tell Henry Cate !)..he makes a good case as well !..(he's the prosecutor who banged up Charles Manson)

Great book, and the case is very well laid out and presented. Bugliosi is brilliant and a Republican!
On a personal note, Lunchtime, I can't stand your Avatar. She makes me want to drink, and your last personification was so cuddly. Please go back to that sweet looking, slightly soused, gentlemen

Brad the Impala
October 22nd, 2008, 19:49
Surely the character in Lunchtime's avatar will shortly be lip syncing in a gala show in Pattaya.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 22nd, 2008, 20:03
I really should be so insulted as it's not an avatar it's bloody well me !!

However it's not a permanent look but a complete makeover I've had for an important dinner at the Officer's & Gentleman's Ex-Pat club with Homintern.

The old dear (read-bastard) has been complaining about my "crumpled" look and said I wouldn't be allowed to join him at an important luncheon he's hosting with a bunch of old poobahs and whatever ( who Homi thinks, don't think he's an old fag !!).

So for God's sake don't alert Hominturd as I want it to be a special surprise.

October 23rd, 2008, 03:03
So for God's sake don't alert Hominturd as I want it to be a special surprise.Didn't I mention you'd be bursting out of the cake? Oh dear, that was an oversight