PDA

View Full Version : Spice Magazine

bing
October 22nd, 2008, 10:51
A few weeks ago I saw someone was asking about Sparticus and where it could be obtained. At the front desk at Howards and I'm sure other Guest Houses and Hotels as well, Spice magazine is offered to their guests free of charge. It has all the information offered by Sparticus, imho. The maps are printed large enough so you can actually use them and Spice is all you will need in Bangkok or Pattaya.

bing
October 22nd, 2008, 11:07
If you are ever in town and want an enjoyable eveing, I suggest you spring for the PGF dinner, if one is taking place. I not only enjoyed the Dinner on Sunday evening, I walked off with 3 raffel prizes. A bottle of Contrau (opps don't drink it and can't spell it), a 500 baht cupon for Panorama and 2000 baht for Brunos. I was telling Monty of this windfall and he volunteered to help me use up the coupons. What is not to like about the Panorama? Our waiter PLA, (which mean fish in Thai), has a nice fish tattooed on his chest that I just demanded to see. Having torn up the 500 baht coupon, and having taken care of PLA, we grabbed a couple of motorbike guys and were off to Brunos. Naturally we were not made to feel like country bumpkins because of the coupon and the food was two points beyond the best. A cup of coffee and a bit of cheese polished off the meal. There was even a doggie bag to drag home for Monty's puppy. I'm just sorry I won't be around for the next PFG event.

Darn -- This was intended as a separate post -- Ah the fates have decreed otherwise.