View Full Version : Swimming pool needed

October 19th, 2008, 06:18
I have always stayed at Tower Inn. This year (Nov) I have booked a hotel at the top of Silom. It has a balcony attached to the bedroom, but now I'm not too sure if it will be suitable for sunbathing. Is there a hotel nearby that allows non residents to use (sunbathe) their pool?
Maybe I could use Malaysia Hotel's, or I could get a motorcycle taxi to Tower Inn and pay Bt200 to use the sauna and hope the swimming pool will be included. Wherever I go, I would like to be able to shower before the journey back.
I do not want to stay all day at the pool, a couple of hours each afternoon would suit me.

October 19th, 2008, 07:14
You could always try the Search function - this thread is only on p.2!!!!!! - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 16068.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/swimming-pools-t16068.html)

October 20th, 2008, 08:04
Thank you Homintern for replying, but that thread does not answer my question. Are there any hotels at the Rama IV end of Silom that allow non residents to use their pool? I don't want to spend half the day tearing around BKK trying to get into a public pool, or want to have to produce a medical certificate. Nor do I want to spend three or four days finding out where (if any) these hotels are situated.
I am depending on local knowledge here as I will be arriving in three weeks time. So, if you know of a suitable local hotel please let me know. If you don't then there is no need to reply.
Can anyone help, please?

October 20th, 2008, 08:37
I would suggest trying the health club in Thaniya Plaza, which has a small sunny pool. It's like on the 10th floor or something. They may have day rates.

October 20th, 2008, 08:42
ahobni -

I have stayed at the Rose Hotel off Suriwongse Rd for many years (try 1978 first time when I was just a gal!)
It has undergone may changes in those years not least of which is the pool which is great - small tourist office in foyer which is great for local trips but suggest you shop around for air travel etc.
Now if someone can tell me how to download some photos to this board I will post some pool photos for you or otherwise pm me and I will email you - but here is the url for Rose

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/rosehotel/

Actually, this is a booking agency - which I usually use (can never find their website - and they take ages to respond when you do)
Check out the travel reviews.

Good luck

neddy3
October 20th, 2008, 11:08
me4thai, are you serious?

www.rosehotekbkk.com (http://www.rosehotekbkk.com)

I always book at the hotel site, and get quick confirmation.

Agree that the pool is very nice.

October 20th, 2008, 13:03
Hi neddy3 - you are right - why the hell when I google Rose Hotel I never get their website?
Anyway, your link is missing a letter so for ahobny here it is -

http://www.rosehotelbkk.com/

Why dont we all meet there - hehe
Cheers boys

Beachlover
October 20th, 2008, 18:20
I would suggest trying the health club in Thaniya Plaza, which has a small sunny pool. It's like on the 10th floor or something. They may have day rates.

Goodness, a helpful post. Hey everyone! Make a note in your diary. :blackeye: :blackeye:

October 21st, 2008, 02:53
They may have day rates.Goodness, a helpful post.Yes, that sounds enormously helpful

Beachlover
October 21st, 2008, 05:18
They may have day rates.Goodness, a helpful post.Yes, that sounds enormously helpful

Relatively helpful. The key word is "relative".

October 21st, 2008, 05:59
I have always found the Swiss Lodge to be very accomadating and well located.

Yes they have a nice pool.

www.swisslodge.com/facilities.htm (http://www.swisslodge.com/facilities.htm)

October 21st, 2008, 08:18
I have actually called the fitness center this morning, and confirm that they have a day rate of 500 baht that gives access to all facilities (including the lovely little pool). Thaniya Plaza, 9th floor. I hope this level of detail proves satisfactory.

October 21st, 2008, 08:26
Body Torque. Any more questions? Please don't ask where Thaniya Plaza or Thaniya Road is.

October 21st, 2008, 08:47
Relatively helpful. The key word is "relative".Perhaps we could start of list of places where something "may" be the case? Let's recall that the original poster seems to have fucked up his own hotel reservations, doesn't know (and presumably either can't be bothered asking or doesn't dare act on the basis of forgiveness is easier than permission - my guiding philosophy) whether his new hotel will let him sun-bathe on his own balcony, and is now asking others to suggest somewhere else that also has showers (ergo, a swimming pool). If one was being really helpful one would phone up the suggested locale, find out all the details, and then post a message, surely?

danny99
October 21st, 2008, 12:53
I have always stayed at Tower Inn. This year (Nov) I have booked a hotel at the top of Silom. It has a balcony attached to the bedroom, but now I'm not too sure if it will be suitable for sunbathing. Is there a hotel nearby that allows non residents to use (sunbathe) their pool?
Maybe I could use Malaysia Hotel's, or I could get a motorcycle taxi to Tower Inn and pay Bt200 to use the sauna and hope the swimming pool will be included. Wherever I go, I would like to be able to shower before the journey back.
I do not want to stay all day at the pool, a couple of hours each afternoon would suit me.

Try the swimming pool behind The Rose in Suriwongse. There appears to be no control whatsoever, but I am sure the ladies at the counter would let you pay something and give you a locker key in return. If not just walk beside hotel through car park and enter through open gate. No attendants just a pile of towels from you help yourself. Showers and a nice small sauna where action sometimes happens particularly with the young straight Japanese males staying in the hotel.

October 21st, 2008, 21:35
Body Torque. Any more questions? Please don't ask where Thaniya Plaza or Thaniya Road is.

Thank you Chao Na. A nice answer laced with unnecessary sarcasm. You had taken the trouble to provide all the information except the name of the premises, I thought it might be useful to know that.

Since there is only one fitness center in Thaniya Plaza, the usefulness of having its name is rather doubtful. In any case, I have now given it.

October 22nd, 2008, 22:18
Thank you all.