PDA

View Full Version : Lek Hotel

October 16th, 2008, 19:12
I thought a bit of a sea change with accommodation next time in Pattaya. Does anyone know Lek Hotel?
I know its not a gay hotel, but no matter. The big attraction is the pool and only a short stroll to Boyztown etc. I have heard their buffet is good.
Feed back appreciated.

October 16th, 2008, 19:42
I have good experience of the Lek Hotel - 5 or 6 years before last year. It is not expensive, and is clean and comfortable, the breakfast buffet is, I think, 100B and very substantial - enough t last you all day. I haven't tried the dinner buffet but I have heard it's OK.

It is within walking distance of Boyztown and opposite a brand new shopping and entertainment plaza.

October 16th, 2008, 20:12
I had one bad experience, admittedly about 5 years ago. Checked in with B/f and had to put up with snide comments from the bell boys on the way to the room. Checked out the following morning.

jolyjacktar
October 16th, 2008, 21:34
Breakfast is very good there, so was the dinner meal i had. Never stayed but looked at a few of the rooms and they looked ok to me. Prices seemed good too.

October 17th, 2008, 09:04
I have eaten there several times and each meal has been great. Great prices ... as far as staying there I have not done that, however during brunch and dinner I have found a lot of kids around. So not sure if it would be a gay mans' dream vacation place.

October 17th, 2008, 18:10
I have found a lot of kids around. So not sure if it would be a gay mans' dream vacation place.
For quite a few on this board it would be absolute Heaven! Maybe Lek Hotel will become the next Sunee Plaza?

bing
October 18th, 2008, 11:05
I had breakfast at Lek Hotel with my Thai friend yesterday. It is 110 baht for an outdoor buffet. All is clean, but they can't do a thing about flys and bees that fly in for the feast. It is a very nice place to eat, and you can see the crystal clear pool as a background for your breakfast. One of the waiters was making significant eye contact wtih my friend, but my Gaydar, which is up and running most of the tme did not pick up any special vibrations. While we were welcome, we were the only frang and Thai eatng at that time. I always feel welcome, but it is gay friendly at the most. Any kids there are with Mom and Dad.

October 19th, 2008, 07:06
Many thanks for the info - room rates seem ok - would I be better off staying in the new part?

October 19th, 2008, 15:34
I stay at Lek for the past 3 trips and never had a problem bringing a boy to the room. Definately get a room in the new part. Also try and get a room with a pool view. A lot less noise on that side not to mention the scenery is much better. As mentioned already, the buffet is very good.

October 20th, 2008, 08:17
ricequest - thanks for that tip re rooms - will definitely book Lek next trip.
I have previously stayed at Ambiance (many times and have been well looked after!!! - no reflecton on Ambiance) and also at Welcome Plaza because of the pool (rooms are tatty and breakfast included is a no go zone) but with all the bustle and bustle (yes I do know what a bustle is) I wanted a place which was central with a pool and food at a reasonable price so I could just chill out after a hard days night.....

Thanks again

October 23rd, 2008, 14:20
Lek has a cheap all u can eat brekkie but cannot recommend the rooms.

Best low season bargain for a straight hotel would be Pattaya Bay Resort which is about a 1 minute walk behind the Avenue mall. But their rates go up on Nov 1.

bao-bao
October 24th, 2008, 22:17
Although it's probably more than a bit tacky to quote myself - this was my two satang about the Lek in another post about "all you can eat" buffets a short while ago. As a non-smoker I don't think I'd stay there again, though.

I'll add another vote for the breakfast buffet at the Lek hotel. Not the fanciest in the kingdom but it does have a wide variety of both western/asian dishes at a good price. It's a large, bright dining room, open on two sides to the garden and pool area.

The hotel itself is more than adequate but I was disappointed to find that there are NO non-smoking rooms in the whole place. I can't bitch too loudly because I knew this when I booked it (it's a long story) but I was still surprised how much the room reeked of tobacco.

The staff was pleasant enough, though - and it's a nice central location at a fair price.
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2676.jpg