PDA

View Full Version : Sammy"s Bar Sunee Plaza

October 16th, 2008, 15:58
Being inquisitive/nosey? What is happening at Sammy's Bar, where has the big german guy gone? Eric I think.

catawampuscat
October 16th, 2008, 18:56
Erich lost his lease and has severed his connection with Sammys.
I hope Erich can reopen nearby as he is already sorely missed. His recent
addtion of potato pancakes served with homemade apple sauce was a real treat. :cat:

foodforthought
October 17th, 2008, 02:30
Erich never had a lease for Sammy's bar, he was employed by the Marina Hotel on a commission basis. He was asked to leave by the Hotel.

Shuee
November 16th, 2008, 23:02
was he asked to leave by the hotel owner or the lease holders, but like the original poster of this thread, we still dont know why............... :idea:

November 16th, 2008, 23:10
Not quite sure why Shuee, or indeed anybody actually cares who gve Eric the boot. Its none of their business. The sad thing is that Eric is on a downward spiral in terms of what he has been doing in the Plaza, starting as a hotel owner and ending up with a food cart. Hope he and his friends can arrest this decline.

bao-bao
November 17th, 2008, 00:13
His recent addtion of potato pancakes served with homemade apple sauce was a real treat.
Latkes in Pattaya? An interesting addition to the melting pot of cuisine there. :cheers:

Regular buttermilk or buckwheat buffet pancakes are usually such a luke-warm and gummy disappointment - at least where I've stayed in Thailand so far, which aren't overly fancy places. I run into waffle stations at breakfast every so often, but freshly-made pancakes, no. Probably my hint I should stick with a healthier breakfast overall!

catawampuscat
November 17th, 2008, 09:46
Sammys is still open but many have decided to move to Up 2 U beer bar. Erich now has a
couple of tables there and nightly specials for 160B. (salad bar is gone).. Up 2 U is a minute or
so away from Sammys and you can find Erich and Lothar and the gang there most nites.. :cat: