PDA

View Full Version : What the Fuck is Bhat Stop!

topjohn5
October 15th, 2008, 22:01
I'm sitting here in total disbelief at what I just read at a website called Bhat Stop.
Now, no doubt many of you are familiar with this website but, up to this point, I had never as a newby looked at it really. I am shocked honestly.
I mean really what the fuck kind of a loony bin is that place. The posters are using words like; smurf, smurfed, smurftastic, smurfily, etc. sometimes several times in a sentence ad infinitum ad nauseum....... What is that all about? Can someone please fill me in as to what is going on there!

October 16th, 2008, 02:57
Can someone please fill me in as to what is going on there!Once upon a time there was a poster on a predecessor Board to SGT called Hedda. That poster concluded that because a number of people disagreed with his postings, and clearly it was impossible for more than one person to be completely loony and disagree, that the Board must be supporting one poster with multiple logins, which Hedda dubbed a "hydra". Supposedly I was the mastermind! Eventually the conspiracy theory grew, until the Moderators were accused of supporting hydra-ism and somehow financially gaining from it. Hedda dubbed himself "Jane Marple" in tracking down the "evidence", but then refused to publish anything but a series of coincidences, claiming that the Moderators would "profit" from his intellectual property. Are you getting the flavour of it all? Hedda was then banned

Someone posing as Hedda produced a satirical Blog - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=41 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=41) - based on a Blog that was the predecessor to the Baht Stop. Eventually jinks (humourless bastard that he is) got sick of the speculation about whether the SGT Hedda was the same person as the old Hedda, and banned that poster too

October 16th, 2008, 05:21
Can someone please fill me in as to what is going on there!Once upon a time there was a poster on a predecessor Board to SGT called Hedda. That poster concluded that because a number of people disagreed with his postings, and clearly it was impossible for more than one person to be completely loony and disagree, that the Board must be supporting one poster with multiple logins, which Hedda dubbed a "hydra". Supposedly I was the mastermind! Eventually the conspiracy theory grew, until the Moderators were accused of supporting hydra-ism and somehow financially gaining from it. Hedda dubbed himself "Jane Marple" in tracking down the "evidence", but then refused to publish anything but a series of coincidences, claiming that the Moderators would "profit" from his intellectual property. Are you getting the flavour of it all? Hedda was then banned

Someone posing as Hedda produced a satirical Blog - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=41 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=41) - based on a Blog that was the predecessor to the Baht Stop. Eventually jinks (humourless bastard that he is) got sick of the speculation about whether the SGT Hedda was the same person as the old Hedda, and banned that poster too

Don't really say anything about Baht-stop though do you? You could have voiced quite reasonable suspicions that Hedda is hydrated here now and some of the wackier newbies are her cotterie from the Jonntien chairs. One theory that appeals is that they've all come on to vote for you so they could create innuendo suggesting you rigged the vote.

For myself, I've no idea what is going on at Baht stop. Wasn't there talk of an owl shoot or something?

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 16th, 2008, 07:35
"What the Fuck is Bhat Stop!"
I think it's something that operates in an alternative universe.

My favourite poster is someone called Uncle Sam whose contribution to every post is 'he he he" . I'm often inspired by his words of wisdom.

October 16th, 2008, 08:23
Don't really say anything about Baht-stop though do you? Oh, OK. So once Hedda was banned, that poster went off, founded a Blog, that failed (or succeeded, depending on your perspective), Hedda became an honorary Moderator on another site, that failed (personality disorder), so Hedda started Baht Stop. It's all just the same pattern of mental illness - and as those of us with long memories recall, when Hedda was still posting "over here", a famous claim was "I know every psychiatrist between Pattaya and Bangkok". It doesn't take much brain power (probably even WhiteDesire could manage it) to work out why

Aunty
October 16th, 2008, 12:39
Don't really say anything about Baht-stop though do you? Oh, OK. So once Hedda was banned, that poster went off, founded a Blog, that failed (or succeeded, depending on your perspective), Hedda became an honorary Moderator on another site, that failed (personality disorder), so Hedda started Baht Stop. It's all just the same pattern of mental illness - and as those of us with long memories recall, when Hedda was still posting "over here", a famous claim was "I know every psychiatrist between Pattaya and Bangkok". It doesn't take much brain power (probably even WhiteDesire could manage it) to work out why

Perhaps you and he could compare lists?

PeterUK
October 16th, 2008, 13:00
Can someone please fill me in as to what is going on there!

I consider Baht Stop to be a welcome part of the gay Thailand forum scene. The gay content is limited but it's a useful resource for anyone wishing to keep abreast of political developments in Thailand and elsewhere. The tone tends to be rather serious (nothing wrong with that) and there are some intelligent, perceptive contributors; it is certainly a lot less bitchy than this forum. Different strokes for different folks.

October 16th, 2008, 14:49

You put it so much better than I ever could. No wonder you're ichi ban.

October 16th, 2008, 15:04
I consider Baht Stop to be a welcome part of the gay Thailand forum scene.That certainly tells us a lot about you - none of it unexpected

Smiles
October 16th, 2008, 18:20
Not quite correct Herr Homintern. Hedda was banned for a day or so only, then was allowed back to keep posting on the Board for quite some time before eventually quitting for good. After saying bye bye to this place he first joined the Great GayButton in the Sky's message board as a Moderator. That lasted only until GayButton pulled his Board forever ... after which Hedda (in abject desperation) started his Ghastly Bog of Shame (or, known by it's better and more correct name, the Great Pack of Lies). That morphed into Baht-Stop message Board as we know it now ~ only after his prediction of Sawatdee's imminent destruction came to a big fat nothing.

Just to set the history clear.

Cheers ...

Wesley
October 16th, 2008, 18:25
for Once I agree with Homiturd, Hedda really was a nut case, I refused to post here as long as I thought she was around in any meaningful way. She like Homiturn was their own best support mechanism. Ego's on a magnificiant scale.

Wes

TrongpaiExpat
October 16th, 2008, 23:50
Hedda denies that he is the owner or moderator of Baht Stop. The speculation that he is in fact the owner is good speculation but that's all it is.
The official line is that the moderator/owner is an anonymous American along with moderator 2, another anonymous chap. Hedda sort of runs or leads Hedda's Hopper but not the main board and even there he denies having moderator power.

The few times that a moderator has posted a comment the writing style is not in Hedda's annoying prose.

I have to admit that I have not read every post on Baht stop but if Hedda is now admitting that he is the board owner or insinuating some way that he is then a link to that post would be appreciated.

Hedda is not the most sociable person in Pattaya. I know who he is casually and it is interesting to watch him, he's basically an introverted quiet person who is quite unassuming. Not what you would expect.

October 17th, 2008, 02:39
...he's basically an introverted quiet person who is quite unassuming. Not what you would expect.Somewhat like myself

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 17th, 2008, 07:17
Hedda is not the most sociable person in Pattaya. I know who he is casually and it is interesting to watch him, he's basically an introverted quiet person who is quite unassuming. Not what you would expect.
he even has his own Wikpedia entry and some of the quotes include:

ZaSu Pitts compared Hopper to "a ferret",

Joan Fontaine called Hedda a "skunk" and even sent her one on Valentine's Day.

After publishing a blind item on Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy's relationship, Tracy confronted her at Ciro's and kicked her in the behind.

She tried to "out" Cary Grant and Randolph Scott as gay lovers

Elda Hopper paid a numerologist $10 to tell her what name she should use, and the answer was Hedda.

here's a recent snap of Hedda so do drop by and say hello to him at the white chairs on Jomtien beach
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee135/lunchtimeobooze/hopper.jpg