PDA

View Full Version : Which Pattay Hotel would you choose?

llz
October 15th, 2008, 18:14
Hey guys, I need to book a place to stay for my Pattaya visit and was wondering which of the accommodations below would be your first choice and why ?
1 - Ambiance 1,200 B + VAT
2 - Howards 600 B
3 - TwoGuys 700 B
Kyle
With no hesitation : Howards because of 1) roof garden 2) location 3) price.
This said I never staid there as I prefer to stay further from the gay places.

October 15th, 2008, 20:10
I would stay at either Two Guys or Howards. I do not like to stay in the middle of Boyztown. The big plus for Howards is the elevator, if you need it. Two Guys has that filling breakfast that is included in the price.

gorcum-old
October 15th, 2008, 20:43
I have stayed several times at Howards. it is good value for the money. the place is clean.

the mattrasses are firm, which I like, but some people do not. the staff is very friendly

thrillbill
October 15th, 2008, 22:21
I have never stayed at the guest house at Sansuk Sauna, but it is new and looks top notch. Problem is that at night you are away from the main drag to catch a baht bus but you could walk it and just throw a couple rocks at the dogs that may be barking at you. AT TIMES, there is a shuttle tuk tuk that can take you up the main street. The other place that looks nice would be Poseidon which is located near the small gay area in Jomtien and easy to catch a baht bus from there (and close to the gay beach section). Personally I wouldn't stay at Howards for more than one night...but I am judging the room my friend was in a couple years ago.

October 15th, 2008, 23:56
Twoguys for the friendly ambience.

Howards is also good but the freelancers can be a bit pushy. Not good if your a bit fragile from the night before lol

jolyjacktar
October 16th, 2008, 01:32
None of the above, but would choose Cafe Royale every time. Love the big breakfast there. Staff all good and like the rooms. Oh yeah standard room 1100bt. But cost doesnt come into it for my holidays just where i feel happier.

October 16th, 2008, 08:27
... and I've yet to encounter any hotel in Pattaya that isn't gay friendly.Money-friendly, surely?

October 16th, 2008, 08:58
All hotels are money-friendly, being businesses....How long have you been in Thailand? Many Thai hotels in my experience would prefer to have empty rooms than to drop their rates (and get money-paying customers). And for many rich Thai families, owning a hotel is a status symbol

October 16th, 2008, 11:49
There are certainly some hotels in that category, but there are also plenty that are willing to be more businesslike. I've often been able to haggle a decent rate by phone/email or just walking in. A certain resort right on Dongtan beach just recently offered me rates by email about one third of their published rates, much cheaper than asiarooms and the ilk.So you retract your "All hotels ..." comment? I loathe, hate and detest the use of absolutes such as "all" or "never" when clearly that is untrue - it's also a lazy use of language, as it relies on hyperbole

Wesley
October 16th, 2008, 13:22
Other than the lack of good Air, which is not all that bad, everything was cooled down today and for some reason my air was still on when I came in last night. A fluke I am not sure. However, if you have a weak air-conditioner and it has to be cut off when you leave the room. It takes two hours to cool down enough for good sex. However, the Thaiguy was covered from head to toe while I was sleeping under no cover and nude. (God what an awful thought.) thought.

I would choose two guys for Ambiance, Howards for an elevator. However I lose 15 to 20 pounds while here, which is good. I complain on the way up and after it is over I figure it was good for me.

I have spent most of my time here at the Ambiance and probably will never stay there again. The reasons are personal for me, however, the forum understands why. If you like their kind of boys in Boyztown then it is the right place to be. If not then I would choose to give Sunnee Plaza another chance from all the junk you read; either out of contempt for the area or out of greed. I am not sure which would be true. Some of my best friends would never be caught here in Sunnee or at two guys; I try to keep an open mind, even about Homiturd.

Wes

atri1666
October 16th, 2008, 13:35
Only would stay in TwoGuys in the big room but never in Ambiance ( small overpriced rabbit boxes )

Wesley
October 16th, 2008, 15:23
Only would stay in TwoGuys in the big room but never in Ambiance ( small overpriced rabbit boxes )

Rabbit boxes is accurate in more ways than one.

Wes

quiet1
October 17th, 2008, 19:27
So you retract your "All hotels ..." comment? I loathe, hate and detest the use of absolutes such as "all" or "never" when clearly that is untrue - it's also a lazy use of language, as it relies on hyperbole
With all due respects to copyrights, I saved this Dilbert cartoon and still laugh when I read it, as it's all too often applicable to many people's generalizations:

latintopxxx
October 17th, 2008, 22:58
personally love Tui's on dongtang beach, Jomtien, right on the beach, good unobtrusive service, no hassle if i want to drag a boy back to my room, nice big, clean rooms, air don that works...fuck I sound like an advertisement.

October 18th, 2008, 03:35
With all due respects to copyrights, I saved this Dilbert cartoon and still laugh when I read it, as it's all too often applicable to many people's generalizations:I love Dilbert. If you use the Yahoo Widgets engine on your desktop you can subscribe to a daily feed of Dilbert - although it's called "Weekly Dilbert" you get a feed every day plus the weekly edition