PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Observations -weather and hotel

bing
October 13th, 2008, 09:17
About a week ago someone posted an observation about Bangkok, mostly it suggested to bring things for warm weather.. I hate to take exception to a valued member's posting. Warm is the not the operative word, you might think more of the heat of men putting coal into the old Bessimer Blast Oven.. I found bangkok very very warm, yes even hot this past week. I was very happy with Rose Hotel on Suriwong. It is about 60 bucks a night and the pool is one of the best. It has a bar next to it, not a swim up but the pool has steps up to the bar and there is a sitting area in the pool for about 12 people and has big green palms hanging over the side of part of the pool so you can be in shade any time you want. also the pool is about one third of the infinity type where the water spills over the edge of the pool into a catch basin, the rest of the pool has the traditional build where the water is several inches below the side ofthe pool. I found it a wonderful place to cool off as I planned the next activity. If you are interested in more information-- www.rosehotelbkk.com (http://www.rosehotelbkk.com)