PDA

View Full Version : An unrequested survey on behalf of Spike, among SGT members.

October 10th, 2008, 10:41
I notice that you do not appear, like George and Gone Fisting, to have actually contributed yet to the running costs of this Forum. Correct me if I am wrong ok?

Having seen the the gutless one make the exact same type of post as above on many occasion since becoming a member here, in which he has attacked several different members of this forum concerning a matter that has absolutely sweet FA to do with him, I would like to ask members the following:

As I have never seen any other member make this type of post and I personally believe, that it has done Spike's attempts to raise donations more harm than it has ever done him any good, please tell me; does this continual interference piss you off or not and would this type of attack on you, prevent you from making a donation?

One thing is for certain, if we ever have a poll for Boring Bastard of the year here on SGT, the above member would win a landslide victory.

Cheers All,

George.

Brad the Impala
October 10th, 2008, 11:03
I couldn't seem to see the option,

"I didn't realise that contributions were needed or appreciated. Thanks for pointing it out. Where do I do that?"

If you call the quote that you used an "attack", boy have you led a sheltered life! I didn't even let my claws down yet bb!

October 10th, 2008, 11:04
I see I did the right thing by mentioning you and Aunty in the same breath in my Blog earlier in the year, when you were a pimp - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=372 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=372)

It was always Tourette's contention that no money would pass to support the SGT operations while "certain people" ie. me, were allowed to continue as members of the Forum. You seem, as fully expected by those of us who have discerned your humourless character, to be following in those footsteps

Aunty
October 10th, 2008, 14:24
And more power to him (George)! Spike will never get a satang (dime) out of me so long as Hovelturd and the trailer trash continue to abuse me and other members of this board. Has that penetrated your thick skull yet, Robert?

October 10th, 2008, 16:17
And more power to him (George)! Spike will never get a satang (dime) out of me so long as Hovelturd and the trailer trash continue to abuse me and other members of this board. Has that penetrated your thick skull yet, Robert?

Keep your fingers crossed Aunty, with all these boys Hommie keeps telling us that are constantly sitting on his face, hopefully one day one of them will sit there long enough, in order to smother him. ;)

You must tell me why you call the cowardly one trailer trash. Hopefully this poll may go some way to proving to Spike, what I have been telling him for a long while about the harm a certain members does to him in regard to his fund raisers events.

Cheers,

George.

October 10th, 2008, 16:24
And more power to him (George)! Spike will never get a satang (dime) out of me so long as Hovelturd and the trailer trash continue to abuse me and other members of this board. Has that penetrated your thick skull yet, Robert?Keep your fingers crossed Aunty, with all these boys Hommie keeps telling us that are constantly sitting on his face, hopefully one day one of them will sit there long enough, in order to smother him.Two of a kind - the Board racist ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=371 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=371) ) in support of the Board pimp!

Wesley
October 10th, 2008, 16:36
I forget what made me donate, I do remember making a promise to spike that I would then forgot it for a while when I was sick. Then remembered my promise so I did. Although 25 is not much it is somehthing. I would hope that if it came to the forum closing I would open my credit card account again to paypal. this is not a good time to beb out of a job. if things really did get bad I would throw in with the rest. It seems those who like homitirn like him a lot or hate him, there seems to be no in between. But, for no amount of money will I let him sit on my face.

catawampuscat
October 10th, 2008, 17:14
I find myself in the strange position of agreeing 100% with homintern..
Wouldn't it be special if aunty boycotted this forum and stuck to moderating
elsewhere and isn't is a shame that George has finally lost it..

How did homintern become my hero? Why has Brad the Impala become one of my
favorites? I have also warmed up to Smiles and grown to like him and admire him..
I imagine it is just that things change over the years and somethings do stay the same.
I almost miss lmtu but I haven't entirely lost my way.

I would never have believed that I could agree with the colonel and a day without
chao na is a day without sunshine.. strange realizations but that is the way it is.. :cat:

October 10th, 2008, 20:25
The only problem I see here is that SGT needs to make a decision: are the contributions of members confidential personal data or not?

If contributions are confidential, then someone is way out of line. It's like something that happened to my former bf in Bangkok; he was hired at a salary which was about 50 percent higher than the other employees because of his fluent English and other talents (and no, they were not "sexual talents.") The woman who handled the organization's finances immediately told all the other employees via "gossip," and ruined his life at work for a month or two.

If contributions are NOT confidential, that fact should be made very clear in all fund-raising attempts.

giggsy
October 10th, 2008, 21:35
it gets funnier by the day. brad is starting to remind me of basil fawlty when in one episode he was having a gourmet night and put an advert in the local newspaper saying "no riff raff"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EljTnGjx2MI

and i also found this one..dont think you could get away saying this on tv today (notice he was only a major and not a colonel)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VcugUcHns ... re=related (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VcugUcHnsqs&feature=related)

October 10th, 2008, 22:12
Why has Brad the Impala become one of my
favorites?

Because you are one and the same!

Liars lie
In hopes that they will
Remain hidden.

Cowards cower
In hopes that they will
Survive.

October 11th, 2008, 01:24
I notice that you do not appear, like George and Gone Fisting, to have actually contributed yet to the running costs of this Forum. Correct me if I am wrong ok?

I did not notice this posting, however I feel honour bound to respond and to explain my position. I have already said, at length, that I feel that the subject of donations to the board is not an appropriate one for discussion but that it should be a locked announcement, as in the Benefits of Upgrading Membership, and that Brad's continuous references to it, which now apparently include me personally, are totally counter-productive. As no action was taken and it is still "open house" I can only assume that the owner/moderator are not only happy for it to be discussed, but happy to let Brad continue without public or private censure. If that is their choice, so be it.

First, let me make it very clear that I have nothing but the greatest respect for ES in the way he has singlehandedly set up the board and the way he runs it. Notwithstanding that, I feel no personal obligation whatsoever to make a contribution to the board, for the following reasons:

Board Running Costs. ES has stated very clearly that "The bills are under control. The board more than pays for itself" (8 Aug 2008 (edit)). What he is asking for, more recently, is personal support as he is now unemployed; sorry, but while that may get my sympathy it does not get my financial support - particularly when Brad has suggested that some of that support be given to Jinks, as Moderator, and that suggestion has not been rejected.

Other Boards. While I have little interest (unless this post results in my being banned) in other Gay Thailand Boards, I am a member of a number of other forums (arrse, bent rider, P2S, etc). Only one of these requests sponsorship, suggesting a one off donation of ┬г2.oo (120 baht).

Board Integrity. I maintain my anonymity on the board, for reasons I have given elsewhere, however I am not impressed that my PM box was accessed twice, and PMs altered, and that when I "tested" an alternative persona to see the reaction to it, it was not banned but an avatar was added and the password changed so I could no longer use it. I make no accusations, as I do not know who did this, but when I raised this point on the board and asked who could have done so it received no Moderator reaction whatsoever, although other posters made the point that this was not acceptable.

Payment Policy. I have already pointed out that I seldom use credit cards, after having my own cloned. nor do I ever make purchases/payments over the internet by credit card for personal security reasons. I suggested that cash donations could also be made, for example in the bars here (or at a Forum "gathering"). My suggestion was ridiculed by Brad, with the additional and unconnected inference that I was not to be trusted - again, there was no Moderator response so it would appear that any contribution that I may (actually, would) have made by this means was not required.

I strongly suggest, again, that the sooner this topic becomes the subject of a locked announcement the better it would be for all concerned, except for one selfish, self-absorbed poster who either does not care about or does not realise the damage he is doing, or who is doing so deliberately. I also suggest that this post and all others referring to this subject be removed and any mention of the subject, apart from by the Owner/Moderator, be banned.

October 11th, 2008, 08:21
.... are the contributions of members confidential personal data or not?.....

If contributions are NOT confidential, that fact should be made very clear in all fund-raising attempts.

Well the amounts are confidential but you get the "Golden Member" tag if you contribute.

I've long since become immune to "shame based" efforts to get money out of me. I just ignore them.
As you know Henry, its one of the survival skills you need to learn to live in San Francisco. :geek:

October 11th, 2008, 08:40
Well the amounts are confidential but you get the "Golden Member" tag if you contribute.Not necessarily - you can ask Spike NOT to show that label too, if you wish. This is the first year I have made a public contribution as I firmly believe in the principle set out in Matthew 6: 1 - 4, and it's only public as in my doddering old age I forgot to send him the PM reminding him to keep it private

Smiles
October 11th, 2008, 08:57
" ... Well the amounts are confidential but you get the "Golden Member" tag if you contribute ... "
Not quite. When you donate you can choose to be anonymous, or choose to let your handle be shown as the contributor. It's up to you . . . only a little square checkoff box to employ. But, anonymous or not, the amount will always show up. The donor list is public, and looks like this: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/lwdonors.php

I assume the Golden Member tag can be forgone as well, but for that you'd have to contact Elephantspike.

Cheers ...

Aunty
October 11th, 2008, 10:06
I find myself in the strange position of agreeing 100% with homintern..
Wouldn't it be special if aunty boycotted this forum and stuck to moderating
elsewhere and isn't is a shame that George has finally lost it..

How did homintern become my hero? Why has Brad the Impala become one of my
favorites? I have also warmed up to Smiles and grown to like him and admire him..
I imagine it is just that things change over the years and somethings do stay the same.
I almost miss lmtu but I haven't entirely lost my way.

I would never have believed that I could agree with the colonel and a day without
chao na is a day without sunshine.. strange realizations but that is the way it is.. :cat:

You're more than welcome to post on Ting Tong's as sociopath any time you like, catawampuscat, but as soon as you start causing trouble, your big fat arse will be out of there. Got it?

Smiles
October 11th, 2008, 10:11
Aunty is a Moderator on Ting Tong?? If so ... how deliciously hilarious.
What's next? Moderator-in-Training under Hedda at Baht-Stop? Aunty-in-Pink at Pattaya Passionistas?

These gay Thailand message boards just keep on getting better and better.
Is Cat really Sociopath? Wow!!

Cheers ...

October 11th, 2008, 10:45
Aunty is a Moderator on Ting Tong?? If so ... how deliciously hilarious. Did you miss that news? Isn't it wonderful - the man who slags off Asians and also slags off the general run-of-the mill person who visits Thailand

October 11th, 2008, 10:54
So George where is the chocie that if we donate you would shut up thats the 1 I would vote for :cheers:

October 11th, 2008, 11:01
Isn't it wonderful - the man who slags off Asians

As opposed to you, who is fond of kissing their asses (literally).

catawampuscat
October 11th, 2008, 11:03
Aunty is a moderator at TingTong. Don't you love the threatening tone and the reference
to a big ass. It is a shame that TingTong has put a hatchet man in
charge of the henhouse. Such a nice welcome too and certainly an abuse of power and
a clear showing just how correct homintern is in his assessment of this poor creature's mental
condition.
Poor aunty , I don't know how I will be able to go on with this threat on my
mind. Somehow, I will survive but I am concerned that TingTong's use of aunty as an unbiased modertor will prove to be foolhardy.
Standards have certainly slipped
since TOQ moved up country and he is sorely missed... :cat:

note: I have amended my criticisms of Ting Tong as some nastiness was deleted, on
further checking, and my compliments to the management for a consistent policy of
not allowing unfettered personal attacks against fellow posters :cat:

Beachlover
October 11th, 2008, 11:44
The only problem I see here is that SGT needs to make a decision: are the contributions of members confidential personal data or not?

If contributions are confidential, then someone is way out of line. It's like something that happened to my former bf in Bangkok; he was hired at a salary which was about 50 percent higher than the other employees because of his fluent English and other talents (and no, they were not "sexual talents.") The woman who handled the organization's finances immediately told all the other employees via "gossip," and ruined his life at work for a month or two.

That sucks! What a cow.

Disclosing or discussing individual salaries and bonuses within some companies is a sackable offence.

October 11th, 2008, 11:50
Disclosing or discussing individual salaries and bonuses within some companies is a sackable offence.A friend of mine was sacked for such an "offence" ie. discussing his own salary with his colleagues. The tribunal that deals with unfair dismissals had him reinstated. The threat is unenforceable in law in Australia, whatever your employer may say

Beachlover
October 11th, 2008, 11:55
Disclosing or discussing individual salaries and bonuses within some companies is a sackable offence.A friend of mine was sacked for such an "offence" ie. discussing his own salary with his colleagues. The tribunal that deals with unfair dismissals had him reinstated. The threat is unenforceable in law in Australia, whatever your employer may say

Hmmmm interesting. I have no such rule in my company but some of my mates do.

It would suck to be in a position where someone external has forced your employer to reinstate you though...you're not exactly going to be 1st choice for a payrise or assigned to the best work...

Beachlover
October 11th, 2008, 12:13

Having seen the the gutless one make the exact same type of post as above on many occasion since becoming a member here, in which he has attacked several different members of this forum concerning a matter that has absolutely sweet FA to do with him, I would like to ask members the following:

As I have never seen any other member make this type of post and I personally believe, that it has done Spike's attempts to raise donations more harm than it has ever done him any good, please tell me; does this continual interference piss you off or not and would this type of attack on you, prevent you from making a donation?

One thing is for certain, if we ever have a poll for Boring Bastard of the year here on SGT, the above member would win a landslide victory.

Cheers All,

George.

lol... I agree George.

In a volunteering situation, bitching so directly and un-subtly about people who haven't "volunteered" just pisses them off. It's a poor way to win friends and influence people... it really is the last thing you should do to get people on your side.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 11th, 2008, 15:20
I'll donate as long as Homiturd can stay and abuse Aunty and visa versa.

Good heavens , I see Homi has donated..you said you would do it in my name you old bald cunt. Now I'll have to donate myself..bastard.

October 11th, 2008, 18:33
wish we could see who voted for what.

was 9-7 one way now its suddenly 14-9 the other way.

McCain must be hoping for something like this happening in US elections.

October 11th, 2008, 18:38

I agree Oogs, that would be very interesting to say the least.

Cheers,

George.

Wesley
October 11th, 2008, 19:04
I wold think it would be good if our generous moderator would let us know hwen he is in a crunch like now. if he doan't meet the needed gifts then say so and I for one will send in again.

Wes

October 12th, 2008, 00:35

I agree Oogs, that would be very interesting to say the least.

As it would be in your other poll, George!

elephantspike
October 12th, 2008, 00:35
" ... Well the amounts are confidential but you get the "Golden Member" tag if you contribute ... "
Not quite. When you donate you can choose to be anonymous, or choose to let your handle be shown as the contributor. It's up to you . . . only a little square checkoff box to employ. But, anonymous or not, the amount will always show up. The donor list is public, and looks like this: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/lwdonors.php

I assume the Golden Member tag can be forgone as well, but for that you'd have to contact Elephantspike.

Cheers ...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that if you click "annonymous", it automatically doesn't add the "Golden Member" rank image to your public profile, but it still does automatically zap the adsense within the forum threads and allows you the increased upload quota and permission to have a blog and a photo album.

Either way, I can manually adjust any of those variables on a per user basis by request.