PDA

View Full Version : hotel in Phuket

llz
October 8th, 2008, 18:02
Also near the bars but quiet, cheap and welcoming :
Rendez-Vous Guesthouse (http://www.boontarika.com/)

lonelywombat
October 8th, 2008, 18:27
where the best place to find cheap hotel in Phuket that gay friendly and no joiner fee...something comfortable for 2 weeks stay

I have stayed across the road in Connect and about a kilo away at Club one seven. I enjoyed Connect but it was right int he middle of the action and I found it was getting stale after a few day. Club one seven is totally gay and great, but I am not sure I would stay there again.

For a cheap hotel try Connect

TOQ
October 8th, 2008, 19:22
where the best place to find cheap hotel in Phuket that gay friendly and no joiner fee...something comfortable for 2 weeks stay

I have stayed across the road in Connect and about a kilo away at Club one seven. I enjoyed Connect but it was right int he middle of the action and I found it was getting stale after a few day. Club one seven is totally gay and great, but I am not sure I would stay there again.

Why wouldnt you stay at OneSeven again, just curious

john

Patexpat
October 8th, 2008, 19:56
Club One Seven is my place to stay of choice - not the cheapest, but nice rooms, great staff, good management and now have a pool at the rear of the building. You are made to feel like family and nothing is too much trouble.

The downside is that it's about 1km from the main gay scene .... but get a motor bike taxi, or even walk ... I regarded the 10 minute walk a little exercise before dinner! Many of the boys in the bars have their own motor bike so getting back was no problem!

Most of the other options in Paradise centre itself are just too 'in your face' for my liking.

October 8th, 2008, 20:41
You are made to feel like family and nothing is too much trouble.

Which is very much the style of their parent operation in Singapore.

thrillbill
October 8th, 2008, 22:05
Club One Seven is the nicest of all of the gay hotels/ guest houses. It has a great staff, a small but relaxing swimming pool to dip in, and quiet. But if you like to go to the bars or restaurants around Paradise Complex, then you are about a 2 kilometer walk in the heat. Also, if you want to hangout during the day at the small "gay beach" section, it is also further away than staying around the Paradise Complex. Yes, you can take one of their so called taxis, but you have to dick around with the bargaining which is a pain in the arse when you have to do it each time and know for the same price you could ride in a "real" taxi that is airconditioned in BKK for half the price. My BF and I stayed at Club One Seven and liked it, but decided the next time we would stay at Paradise Complex since we like hitting the gay clubs, the gym, and sea food restaurants all in the same area. I stayed at theRendez-Vous which is located on one of the outer sois near Paradise Complex and the rooms were very nice, and in a quiet area; yet, a two minute walk to where all the clubs and bars are. Just upgrade yourself to a bigger room.

Michael
October 9th, 2008, 04:27
My choice is KN Phuket Guesthouse (http://knphuket.com/) directly opposite the Paradise complex. Bigger and smarter rooms than any guesthouse in the paradise complex and massive bathrooms. (The website really doesn't do it justice)
Connect is overpriced for what it offers. Several places within the paradise complex offer smarter rooms for cheaper prices, but you can't find them on the internet.
I suggest that you book a room somewhere for the first night, and then take a look around the many gueshouse rooms that are available in the paradise complex and beyond.

October 11th, 2008, 06:12
last time i was in patong , i stayed at the siam palam, its about 5 to 10 mins walk away from the bars

lonelywombat
October 11th, 2008, 10:38
Club one seven is totally gay and great, but I am not sure I would stay there again.

Why wouldnt you stay at OneSeven again, just curious john

I was there at Xmas high season, and getting to the gay beach area was too far in the heat to walk. Getting a tuk tuk quite expensive ,was quoted 200 baht one night, even motorbikes wanted 100baht Getting home from Paradise pissed or with a boy or both, was a pain. At other times probably not as bad.

October 12th, 2008, 00:10
thanks guys but kn looks grat ..nothing against the rest but its central..now my prob i sent a email 3 days ago no reply ..yes i know thai laid back but this long

I emailed them about three days ago as well, so far no response.

krobbie
October 12th, 2008, 06:19
I am going to Phuket for New Year so I contacted Nid (Chinese Thai woman owner) who is wonderful. They were solidly booked for NY so have had to find other accommodation unfortunately.

Nid is a bit remiss with the email but she WILL get back to you. Just give it a day or two more.

The pool at KN is great. The rooms huge. Breakfast okay nothing special. There are other small places down he street if you feel like a chang for breaky.

The lift is an improvement for the upper 2 floors also. Really you can't go past this place for convenience / situation and cleanliness.

I also tried ClubOneSeven after KN found to be booked out. ClubOneSeven also choka. Looks like it will be a gay old time in Phuket this New Year. see you there.

Here is Nid's email just to send a reminder.

knphuket@hotmail.com

Cheers
krobbie

krobbie
October 12th, 2008, 10:03
[/quote]

hi thanks
for that you going for our new year or theres
im going early april next year
have you any prices for KN

also try Siam palm looks ok on net too[/quote]

Well if you are going to KN Guesthouse for Thai New Year you will certainly get fantastic rates. 1200 baht for standard (which by the way is excellent) or deluxe 1600 baht (no need for this though).

Here is their link. The web site is a horror but don't be put off. It is well worth persevering until Nid gets back to you.

http://knphuket.com/

I am actiually going to Phuket for December 29 -January 3. There is no happier place I have found at this time. There is so many facets to this island and it's great to go exploring. Karon and all the smaller beaches to the south and around the southern most point, Rawai, is good for a light refreshment and and something to eat. Many speed and long tail boats at this beach going out to the smaller islands. Then on to Chalong and Phuket Town. The lookout down before (of after) Kata across the Andaman Sea is a sight to behold.

Cheers
krobbie

Beachlover
October 12th, 2008, 16:18
I agree... Phuket is totally amazing.