PDA

View Full Version : Weather forcast

Wesley
October 8th, 2008, 17:09
Does anyone keep up with the weekly forcast in the Pattaya area for the next two weeks, all I see are scattered storms for as far as I can get a report. When does the rain let up some? When will the temperatures begin to drop? I don't usually come this time oif the year so I am trying to fnd an online forcast but all I can find is rain and more rain.

Wes

October 8th, 2008, 17:17
Monsoon should finish at the end of this month, expect rain until thenI've always figured mid-November before it's definitely over

October 8th, 2008, 18:19
Rains in November to as late as January are common and more related to typhoons hitting the coast of Vietnam, not the monsoons of the "rainy season". Overall average rainfall goes down starting October but the effects of the typhoons can individually be very severe.

October 8th, 2008, 18:19
http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:THXX0015&q=Pattaya%2c+THA+forecast:tenday

Wesley
October 8th, 2008, 18:56
ah , the link would not work for me, it got abotu half way and would go any further.

Wes

October 8th, 2008, 19:19
ah , the link would not work for me, it got abotu half way and would go any further.

Wes

Worked here for me. I am using Internet Explorer. It could be your cookie settings.

Rain and drizel all the way through the 17th. Extremely high humidity for us this weekend.

I gotta be back before Election Day and TG.

joe552
October 11th, 2008, 23:15
I've just spent a week in Pattaya and it rained once, for an hour, at lunchtime. Otherwise, hot and sunny

Brad the Impala
October 11th, 2008, 23:53
If you would like to predict future weather based on historical records over the last twenty years or so, Weatherbase has those for most areas around the world, and the nearest location to Pattaya is Rayong.

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=87484&refer= (http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=87484&refer=)

October 12th, 2008, 00:29
I've just spent a week in Pattaya and it rained once, for an hour, at lunchtime. Otherwise, hot and sunny

Lucky you were not here yesterday or today!!

joe552
October 12th, 2008, 01:35
Well, it rained here in Dublin as soon as I got off the plane, and I know where I'd rather be right now (sob, sob)

mahjongguy
October 12th, 2008, 07:48
Seems like last week everyone in Bangkok was complaining about all the rain, but here in Jomtien I've had to water the plants nearly every day. Often a storm will come up but then fizzle out or move on without letting loose any rain.

This is the official weather site for Thailand, set to pull up Pattaya.
http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=61

I like the way the site refers to "coverage". It's a very appropriate way to refer to the hit-or-miss storms. For Monday the precipitation odds are "20% coverage".

If you look at a site like CNN Weather you might see a little rain icon for every day of the month and think we are all drowning here. Quite the opposite of the truth.

October 12th, 2008, 09:11
Seems like last week everyone in Bangkok was complaining about all the rain, but here in Jomtien I've had to water the plants nearly every day. Often a storm will come up but then fizzle out or move on without letting loose any rain.Here's what seems to be a little-known fact. The monsoon moves south, then it moves back to the north. Bangkok is to the north of Jomtien - not by much, but by enough to make a difference for a week or two. Phuket and Huan Hin even more so

Wesley
October 12th, 2008, 11:35
I ususpect it is muc as it is here, rainy in the day time and usually clear at night, here it seems to not be a bit deal but one drop of rain seems to open umberellas everywhere. If its not wrse there than it is here I don't think it will get to bad to deal with , the Typhoon thing is a bit worrisome though. when they come through stong or weak you get rain all day and night.

Wes