PDA

View Full Version : I realize that this is an odd question.

October 7th, 2008, 04:37
I would like to provide a new bf a complete physical exam as well as a complete blood chem screen. It seems like he has never had this done before. I would like to do the same thing for eyes and dental as well for him.
Does anyone have nay idea what immunizations Thai children are given normally before the attend school? I would like to have these done for him as well but see no need to do ones he has already had. He doesn't know what he had in the way of immunizations. Who could tell us this?
Any suggestions in Pattaya for a good general doctor and dentist and opthomologist?

October 7th, 2008, 06:35
You may find the answers to your questions on the Pattaya Gay Expats site - http://www.pattayaexpatsclub.com/ and if you want follow-up then giving him health insurance cover would be a good idea - http://www.bupathailand.com

rincondog
October 7th, 2008, 06:57
Paranoia runs rampant among many posters on this bored bunch.

rincondog
October 7th, 2008, 06:58
Wrong thread

francois
October 8th, 2008, 23:50
I suggest Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital for everything you asked.

October 9th, 2008, 00:16
I really have been curious about this, especially after my former boyf came to the U.S. and, a year or two later, came down with a horrible disease called MUMPS.

Also, your boyf may think you are mad, as well as being terrified of what might be found wrong with him.

But I would suggest finding a good hospital (doctors in private clinics are generally not prepared for this, unless they advertise as a "polyclinic" or whatever) and taking him along for a complete physical exam. The doctors there will have an excellent idea of what sort of vaccinations he might have had, and will also know if a double vaccination carries any risk.

You may have a particular problem with getting him to provide a sample of his blood.

If you were in Chiang Mai, I'd say "Take him to Chiang Mai Raam, or Rong Phayabaan Suan Dawk." In Pattaya, I don't have a clue.

October 9th, 2008, 00:25
Wrong thread

If so, your comment was still very true - and "Paranoia" was being polite. The only hospitals to do the check-ups you require, which are obviously confidential, are BPH and PIC. Why not save the money and just ask him to have an HIV test, which is all you are probably interested in?

October 9th, 2008, 11:51
Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has several check up packages for various amounts beginning with the basic at 3,300 Baht and the Standard at 6,200 Baht - there are higher priced packages, but probably include more tests than are needed. (they usually have a half price promotion in celebration of the King's Birthday - available in December). For what is included in their packages go to: .www.bph.co.th/en/tmain.php?module=wellness_center (http://www.bph.co.th/en/tmain.php?module=wellness_center)

Another hospital offering various check up packages, which may be less than what is charged at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya or Pattaya International Hospital is Phyathai Hospital Sriracha - located about 30 to 40 minutes up Highway 3 toward Bangkok (on soi adjacent to Robinson Department Store - North side). For information on Phayathai checkup packages, costs, and method of transportation from Pattaya - in English, contact Gavin Waddell, International Department, at (0)38 770200-8 Ext: 2426

krobbie
October 10th, 2008, 01:53
It never ceaseses to amaze me that such a question will get such great and helpful replies when some other posts get such derision from many gathered here. Health is obviously close to all our hearts.

Having said that I have had occasion to use BNH International hospital (Sathorn Road) in BKK. They were efficient and quick. No pissing about for hours and hours. I got a really bad lung disease from God knows where (smoking doesn't help) but the doctors had me into xray, blood taken, consulted and sorted out with the right drugs in 1.5 hours for the princely sum of 1900 baht. I had taken insurance, which is my nature, before traveling.

I now have a card (plastic type card with my barcode so anytime I have a problem in future that is where I will be heading if I happen to in BKK. Great client liason also. The hospital called the next day to see how I was and also emailed me when I go back to NZ. I am unsure if this is common practice but I sure thought it to be efficient.

Cheers
krobbie

October 10th, 2008, 02:19
It never ceaseses to amaze me that such a question will get such great and helpful replies when some other posts get such derision from many gathered here.

Just how derisive do you want??

October 10th, 2008, 09:47
Even though he is from a Middle class family, my BF had never had a full physical. Took him to Bangkok Christian Hospital on Silom Road. It was very thorough and amazingly cheap.

October 10th, 2008, 11:11
It never ceaseses to amaze me that such a question will get such great and helpful replies when some other posts get such derision from many gathered here. Health is obviously close to all our hearts.I operate on the "are you fucking mad?" principle when reviewing such posts. Clearly this one fell into the "no" category (at least for me). I have refrained from mentioning Hedda's back waxing and Monica the budgie in the thread on body waxing but I have to say I'm completely gob-smacked by the entire concept; for me that one is well into the "yes" category